#1 GlassAgate   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   436 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

GlassAgate

Posted 15 January 2011 - 07:06 AM

If the Royal Edition wasn't limited in the US, I wouldn't
have posted this. Of course, with limited releases,
once they're gone, the price will go up, so I'm helping
you save money by buying it now. That's how I justify
this post.

Amazon.com (US)(Amazon.com third party seller = developer?)

PC / MAC :pc:

http://www.amazon.co...95069896&sr=1-4

360 :360:

http://www.amazon.co...2&condition=new

PS3 :ps3:

http://www.amazon.co...5&condition=new

Notice of limited quantities in the US
(concerning the Royal Edition on all platforms)
http://www.topware.c...ds_II_royal.php

GameStop (US)(GameStop pre-order exclusives)
// The regular edition includes a weapon and a level,
// and from the looks of it, they're different from what
// the Royal Edition includes. The RE's pages doesn't
// mention them, but since they are downloadable,
// they can still e-mail you the code, but they don't
// mention it on their page.
:wall:

// In case it wasn't clear, Topware/Zuxxez have their own
// exclusive DLC, different from what GameStop is offering.

Royal Edition (360)
http://www.gamestop....roduct_id=89695

Royal Edition (PS3)
http://www.gamestop....roduct_id=89696

Concerning peoples who want the RE goodies, but
want to play the game on the PC

So, if you want the RE, and have a PC, your best bet is
to get it at Amazon. Otherwise, get a console version
at GameStop, sell the game, and keep the goodies.

Amazon.de (Germany release)(more details below)

http://www.amazon.de...95070209&sr=8-1

Concerning US peoples using Amazon.de

People from the US can order from Amazon.de.
Just log in using your US account, navigate
as you would on the US website, and you're
good. There is one additional page, I think.
Use Google Translate, if you get lost.

Concerning US people getting the 360 Germany release

Unless you have a modded 360, I don't think that
the German version will work in a US 360. It does
have the English version on the disc, I think,
so for playing the game on a modded 360,
good, but as far as the extras (physical goodies)
are concerned, I don't know if they come in
English or German.

Concerning US peoples getting the PC Germany release

I don't know if the PC version is region locked. I wasn't
aware of a region locking being popular with PC games,
but a few do have them. Just like the 360 release,
it has the English language option, along with a handful
of other languages (on the same page as the notice of limited
quantities). Of course, the extras may not be in English.

Kudos to TopWare for making the game friendly for
people with older PC's.

Edited by GlassAgate, 19 January 2011 - 05:56 AM.

#2 ShockandAww   Truth is treason CAGiversary!   7456 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

ShockandAww

Posted 15 January 2011 - 07:14 AM

Id get it if I thought the game itself was going to be any good. Edit: The video on Amazon does make it look pretty cool. Fuck, now I have to have an hour long debate with myself and look up info on this to see if it's actually not going to suck.

#3 anarch   And all that could have been... CAGiversary!   2077 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2011 - 07:20 AM

Disappointed with the first, but the second looks promising... I just don't know if the CE is worth it. I'll consider it, thanks!

#4 TraBuch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1043 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2011 - 08:15 AM

Id get it if I thought the game itself was going to be any good. Edit: The video on Amazon does make it look pretty cool. Fuck, now I have to have an hour long debate with myself and look up info on this to see if it's actually not going to suck.

The second is supposed to be MUCH better than the first (Although that's really not saying much). The PC version is out in Europe I believe and despite some annoying technical issues, people seem to enjoy it.

There're a few good mini-reviews in this topic:

http://www.gamefaqs....lds-ii/57631023

#5 ShockandAww   Truth is treason CAGiversary!   7456 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

ShockandAww

Posted 15 January 2011 - 08:37 AM

The second is supposed to be MUCH better than the first (Although that's really not saying much). The PC version is out in Europe I believe and despite some annoying technical issues, people seem to enjoy it.

There're a few good mini-reviews in this topic:

http://www.gamefaqs....lds-ii/57631023

Thanks but I just checked Metacritic and saved myself the debate. I'll pass on it for now since there's too many other games I'd be more interested in coming up.

#6 Darrith   The Lion King CAGiversary!   443 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2011 - 08:44 AM

It being Two Worlds, the price will drop, not go up. :bouncy: Nice looking set though.

#7 discordman   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   213 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

discordman

Posted 15 January 2011 - 09:18 AM

I threw down a pre-order on this the other day, in Germany the game is getting decent scores (8's) so I figure why not.

Interesting to note that it only takes $5 down to pre-order this at GS, which is very odd for collectors editions as they usually require $10.

#8 gauu   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   874 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2011 - 01:28 PM

im thinking of ordering 2 for the ps3 from gamestop i have a good feeling it will surely be limited cause so many were disappointed with the first one and will think this will suck. its actually looking really promising.

#9 gauu   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   874 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2011 - 01:30 PM

not to mention when atlus said demons souls was going to be limited it really was and when it got rave reviews people paid outrageous for it. worst case i got 30 days to do a return anyways.

#10 Big St3ph3n   Strange MUSIC!!!! CAGiversary!   816 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Big St3ph3n

Posted 15 January 2011 - 01:47 PM

The game itself is amazing, i have over 11 hours invested in pc version.

def getting the royal edition.

#11 VendettaXBL   Hunter Master Race CAGiversary!   7495 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

VendettaXBL

Posted 15 January 2011 - 06:50 PM

Just pre-ordered the Royal Bundle on :360: this morning. Reading over this thread pushed me over the edge ;)

#12 MoCiWe   Sporked In The Heart CAGiversary!   7525 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago   Now streaming Anodyne live on Twitch

Posted 15 January 2011 - 07:29 PM

Ehhh, I got the collectors edition of the first one and the extra content was kinda meh. I think I'll just stick with my preorder of the normal edition for this one.

#13 gauu   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   874 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2011 - 04:39 AM

im really debating if i want to get one of these for the 360 as well or just say meh and get 2 for the ps3 one sealed and one play. hmmmm...

#14 Ilikecoldbeverages   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   377 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Ilikecoldbeverages

Posted 16 January 2011 - 04:42 AM

You know what they call this in Europe? A Royal with CHEESE:

#15 NolbertoS   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1069 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2011 - 05:06 AM

I still have the first one factory sealed, and definitely bought this one. for those that were turned off from the first Two Worlds on the Xbox360..the developer stated that they were forced to release it on the Xbox360, without really, betatesting it for the 360..it was only meant to be PC only, but the higher ups, pushed them to release it for 360 too, thus they got alot of gaming low scores and everybody criticized them for releasing a shoddy product. I saw the previews for this new game and honestly think they polished it alot to not make the same mistake again. It got decent reviews from many gaming sites, and not as bad as the first one.

#16 GlassAgate   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   436 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

GlassAgate

Posted 19 January 2011 - 11:57 AM

Has anybody else found exclusive pre-order DLC? If this
game were more well known, I suppose that more retailers
and e-tailers would have something.

#17 chubbyporky   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   69 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

chubbyporky

Posted 19 January 2011 - 12:38 PM

I ordered one from Amazon on 15 Jan.
Apparently, they have shipped mine.
21 - 26 Jan - Arrival date

#18 Callidus   VG Collectaholic CAGiversary!   2034 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 19 January 2011 - 03:23 PM

I've got a $25 GS gift card laying around, so I think I'll bite on this. The extras in this look pretty slick. Hopefully the game is decent at least. heh

Update: After looking around I found this little article on the Royal Edition. Granted it's from Game Informer and given the Royal Edition's Game Stop exclusivity, I'm sure they aren't completely unbiased... but the article has great pictures of everything in the RE. I was worried the statue would be a tiny Assassin's Creed 1 style figure, but nope. This thing is packed.

Edited by scott_matthews, 19 January 2011 - 03:36 PM.

#19 Wrencrest   Fuck Pharmacrest. What an asshole. CAGiversary!   18984 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 19 January 2011 - 04:16 PM

The box looks really cool and somewhat ornate. I just wish it had a steelbook and I might have bit. As it is now, I cant find any real good reviews from US publications so I will pass unless it is really cheap down the line.

#20 MaelstromB   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   305 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

MaelstromB

Posted 19 January 2011 - 04:43 PM

Never played the first game, although I've heard endlessly about how atrocious it played... or didn't play in most cases. Regardless, I figured I'd bite on the PC version of this, and I'll keep my eyes on the reviews as they come out. If the majority of them are not satisfactory, I figure I can always return it.

Edited by MaelstromB, 19 January 2011 - 04:58 PM.

#21 lotsofgames   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   95 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

lotsofgames

Posted 19 January 2011 - 04:51 PM

I had the chance to stop by topware interactive last week and check out the royal edition. It is really nice. Also just to let everyone know when you order the Royal Edition for the PC you will get a code to download a free copy for the mac. I was able to do an interview and talk about the royal edition (starts at 10:58)

#22 Brother Daz   Scotch and yes? CAGiversary!   7830 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Brother Daz

Posted 19 January 2011 - 04:51 PM

The box looks really cool and somewhat ornate. I just wish it had a steelbook and I might have bit. As it is now, I cant find any real good reviews from US publications so I will pass unless it is really cheap down the line.

I agree, if this would have included a steelbook, I would have definitely picked up a copy.

#23 MaelstromB   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   305 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

MaelstromB

Posted 19 January 2011 - 05:33 PM

Reviews are kind of all over the place, with a lot more decent to extremely positive ratings. Hmm...

#24 technole   Overlord CAGiversary!   487 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

technole

Posted 19 January 2011 - 05:42 PM

I thought about the royal edition, but than I saw the GameStop extras for the regular edition. Just annoys me when the CE/LE editions don't get the same preorder bonuses.

#25 David Hibiki   You must be tired... CAGiversary!   11475 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

David Hibiki

Posted 19 January 2011 - 05:59 PM

Seems like a lot to spend on a game with less then 90 metacritic. My wife actually somewhat enjoyed the first one but neither of us see the second ones standard copy retaining a MSRP over $40 in the coming months.

#26 Brother Daz   Scotch and yes? CAGiversary!   7830 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Brother Daz

Posted 19 January 2011 - 05:59 PM

I had the chance to stop by topware interactive last week and check out the royal edition. It is really nice. Also just to let everyone know when you order the Royal Edition for the PC you will get a code to download a free copy for the mac. I was able to do an interview and talk about the royal edition (starts at 10:58)

So the release date is Feb 4th now?

#27 lotsofgames   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   95 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

lotsofgames

Posted 19 January 2011 - 06:22 PM

So the release date is Feb 4th now?

The release date is now Feb 4th.

#28 Brother Daz   Scotch and yes? CAGiversary!   7830 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Brother Daz

Posted 19 January 2011 - 06:29 PM

The release date is now Feb 4th.

Damn, that sucks. I was really wanting to play it next week.

#29 GlassAgate   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   436 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

GlassAgate

Posted 20 January 2011 - 11:03 AM

Never played the first game, although I've heard endlessly about how atrocious it played... or didn't play in most cases. Regardless, I figured I'd bite on the PC version of this, and I'll keep my eyes on the reviews as they come out. If the majority of them are not satisfactory, I figure I can always return it.

Note: Other than Castle Crashers and Deus Ex, I've
not played an RPG before Two Worlds.

Having said that, at first, I had a hard time getting into the game.
There are a handful of bugs, but you'll get passed them soon enough.
I think the biggest problem was that when I first played the game, I
had never played such an complex level RPG, and the graphics aren't
what I was expecting from a 360 game. I first tried the game back
in 2007, after playing Gears of War and Crackdown.

Anywho, once you get into the game, at least for me, the aged
graphics don't matter anymore.

#30 GlassAgate   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   436 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

GlassAgate

Posted 20 January 2011 - 11:06 AM

I thought about the royal edition, but than I saw the GameStop extras for the regular edition. Just annoys me when the CE/LE editions don't get the same preorder bonuses.

Since the GameStop exclusives are e-mail to you, and not in the
box, I'm figure that they can always e-mail the codes out.
With Deus Ex 3, the codes are in the box. That might be a bit
trickier, if they were in this situation. Of course, in the latter
situation, they could always e-mail the codes out.