PS3 Game Blowout Sale at Newegg

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Newegg has a "Game Blowout!" sale for the PS3 and there's some really solid deals here. Free shipping on everything:

http://promotions.newegg.com/games/021511PS3/index.html?cm_sp=cat_Playstation-3-PS3-_-gamesPS3021511-_-http%3a%2f%2fpromotions.newegg.com%2fgames%2f021511PS3%2f478x88.jpg

Demon's Souls - $14.99
Katamari Forever - $14.99
3D Dot Game Heroes - $14.99
Eternal Sonata - $15.99
Kung Fu Rider (PS move) - $16.99
EyePet (PS Move) - $24.99
Sports Champions (PS Move) - $24.99
Alien Vs Predator: Hunter Edition - $29.99
Killzone 2 + Dualshock 3 bundle - $48.99

Last edited by a moderator:
Stinks that I have everything there but Katamari Forever, Kung Fu Rider, and EyePet and none of those three interest me at all.

oh man, if i didn't already have demon's souls and 3d dot game heroes, i'd be all over them.

i can't recommend demon's souls enough @ $60, let alone at $15

thanks for the post, and there are some good prices there, though I own all of the ones at prices I would bite one (demon's souls, 3d dot game heroes(fun zelda clone), eternal sonata(good jrpg)) though katamari is a little tempting. Waiting on eyepet and sports champions to lose about another $10 though.

Oh hey guys, did you hear that there's a PS3 for $40 on Amazon and fulfilled by Target? Hope they honor it.

:lol:

That's a really good price on Eternal Sonata & 3D Dot Game Heroes. If I didn't have them already, I'd snap em up.

[quote name='Gbear09']is kung fu rider worth it? just got a move bundle and am looking for some games for it[/QUOTE]

Try the demo, most people don't really like the game. It seems more like a minigame than a game.

[quote name='Gbear09']is kung fu rider worth it? just got a move bundle and am looking for some games for it[/QUOTE]

I haven't played it but it looks pretty fun for $16.99. Watch some gameplay videos on Youtube if you want a better idea.

The Giant Bomb guys did a quick look if you want to see an unedited chunk of gameplay.

Even at $16, I have a hard time recommending Eternal Sonata. Just couldn't finish it on the 360, and I wanted to like it so much, because the story's concept was quite interesting. But the writing was very juvenile, in my opinion. I almost always finish RPGs that I start, but this was one that I gave up on.

[quote name='Fabrizo']They've all been at these prices for a while now. I was eyeing Katamari a that price weeks ago.[/QUOTE]

well thanks for posting these deals as soon as you saw them. oh wait..

I think these are great prices for Demon's Souls, Eternal Sonata, Katamari Forever, and 3D Dot Game Heroes, especially if you are not charged tax.

[quote name='youenvy']well thanks for posting these deals as soon as you saw them. oh wait..[/QUOTE]

Amazon has had similar prices for most of them for months. Katamari has been only a few cents over that price for ages, same with Eternal Sonata. 3D Dot Game Heroes and Demons Souls have come up at these prices numerous times. I didn't post them because they're not really that good.

I was only eyeing Katamari because I was ordering something else from newegg at the time that I could have had it shipped along with.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Even at $16, I have a hard time recommending Eternal Sonata. Just couldn't finish it on the 360, and I wanted to like it so much, because the story's concept was quite interesting. But the writing was very juvenile, in my opinion. I almost always finish RPGs that I start, but this was one that I gave up on.[/QUOTE]

I finished it. I'd give it a.... 70/100. The visuals were fantastic... if a little misplaced for a game with combat in it. The combat system was unique, fun, but gimmicky.

The story concept was good. But like you said, the writing was laughable. It was typical anime characters trying to sound introspective, but coming off as mentally handicapped.

The lack of visual display when changing weapons and armor was disappointing too. And I never really got the whole "playing a song with an NPC" thing.

All in all, it's a decent RPG. Overrated in my opinion, but worth a play through at 10-20 dollars.

[quote name='jaredstorm']Just bought Demon's Souls!

Is 3D dot game heroes worth it?[/QUOTE]

This is more like a homage to Zelda & worth $15. I would just say check out You Tube to see if it interests you.
If you grew up on this classic in the 8 bit days this is a must for the PS3.

For the dipshits who haven't gotten Demon's Souls yet, now is your time. Reclaim history. Buy it and experience one of the greatest RPG's released in the last 2 generations.

Awesome deals, I have all of these I purchased fairly recently except eyepet and kung fu riders and alien vs predators which I will pass on I guess. Love to see Mafia 2 up there.

[quote name='VaultDweller']its only a good sale if you're a weaboo.....[/QUOTE]

Dude what is with these posts LMAO. You have been spewing this crap in anything J-Game related.

Give it up bro.

[quote name='nnthomas']Dude what is with these posts LMAO. You have been spewing this crap in anything J-Game related.

Give it up bro.[/QUOTE]

Anytime you see him trolling just report him. That goes for everyone here. It's the easiest way to get rid of garbage from here

[quote name='ssjmichael']Anytime you see him trolling just report him. That goes for everyone here. It's the easiest way to get rid of garbage from here[/QUOTE]

Or use the site's "ignore" feature. It's possibly one of the greatest features available for reading through threads full of useless posts.

[quote name='waxHead']Or use the site's "ignore" feature. It's possibly one of the greatest features available for reading through threads full of useless posts.[/QUOTE]

that still doesn't stop the person from derailing the thread. Unless every person puts him on ignore. Anyway I'm hopeful the mods will notice his behavior and at least warn him.

[quote name='ssjmichael']that still doesn't stop the person from derailing the thread. Unless every person puts him on ignore. Anyway I'm hopeful the mods will notice his behavior and at least warn him.[/QUOTE]

I suppose - you'd be surprised how little effect a troll has if you mention the ignore feature and that user's name in the same sentence ;)

[quote name='Tecka']I picked up Demon Souls.. hope its black label![/QUOTE]

I REALLY wanna bite on Demon's Souls but I need to know if it's Black Label.
Please tell me once you get the game!!!

[quote name='kyrhon']I REALLY wanna bite on Demon's Souls but I need to know if it's Black Label.
Please tell me once you get the game!!![/QUOTE]

It's not going to be black label.

[quote name='lllGurulll']picked up Sports Champions. thought about Demon souls but I always end up hating RPGs so I am saving myself the aggravations.[/QUOTE]

It's only a "RPG" in the most cursory sense, there's very little dialog or story to speak of, and you will _not_ be spending much time on inventory management or kak like that. At least that was the case in the Asian import I had, which I understand to have been more or less the same as the North American version, save for a couple of object and spell names. I would say it's about 95% hardcore tactical action/adventure, 5% RPG. I've finished exactly three "traditional" JRPGs in my life, none since the original Playstation/Saturn days, _hate_ the genre, but flippin' LOVED Demon's Souls....it's really a mistake IMO to pass on it just because some reviewers or retailers lazily shoehorned the title into some particular genre.

bread's done
Back