YMMV Best Buy still has Metroid Prime Trilogy $24.50!

alarmed

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I was out today doing deliveries in Branson, MO., and stopped in at their Best Buy looking for a good combination of buy 2 get one free $29.99 and up titles. While I was there I went through the Wii section and saw not 1, but 2 copies of the Metroid Prime Trilogy marked for $24.50 on clearance. I already bought this upon release, but I started thinking about buying their copies and putting them up on eBay. I immediately thought of those of you on CAG that might not already have a copy, and put the resistance aside.

After all, I didn't know how much people were buying them for on ebay, and I really didn't want to mess w/ebay, as I haven't sold on there for years. So I went on looking for good $30 dollar games for the current Best Buy deal.

I went a little further down the rack, and found yet another Metroid Prime Trilogy in the wrong place. Okay so there are 3 available now. Hmmm...

Long story short, I resisted the urge (or in my case, the headache of charging $75 on the credit card, and explaining to the wife that I would sell them on ebay, and make a profit).

I never moved any of the copies I saw, so those 3 should still be there, there might even be one or 2 more there, I don't know, as I didn't go through every row of games on the Wii display.

That was shortly after 11 am, in case any local CAG's are interested in stopping by there.

I will do some research after I post this to find out if I made a mistake, and the ebay value would be worth stopping by there again tomorrow, but I thought I would be nice and give other people here a chance at them first.

I may regret my decision if I find out that they are going for $100+, and hoarders bought them due to my posting here. Oh well, I have a good job, and already own it anyway, so easy come, easy go.

I did find Final Fantasy Tactics for PSP in the bargin bin, and bought that for $9.99+ tax, so I was happy about that find.

BTW, there were 2 more copies of FFT for PSP in the bin, and FF1 and FF2 for PSP, also in the bin when I left.

Hope this helps someone who isn't just interested in making money off of this.

Yes, I guess this could be in a regional thread, but the fact that they had 3 copies of MP Trilogy could help others who have Best Buy's with similar stock that might not be checking the regional's?

So, read before you flame me for posting a possibly regional find.

Thank you, and YOU'RE WELCOME!

Definitely YMMV and you will be kicking yourself...
or just delete this thread ASAP and get back over there!

Yeah, buy those. Lemme know if you find any Mario All Stars Wii too.
Some asshole went to every store in my city (Pittsburgh)and bought every copy new for 29 to flip on ebay. And yes, I was told by every store that it was the same guy.

Okay, I may end up kicking myself as written above, but like I said...

...I don't need the hassle of eBay, unless it is worth it. I live an hour or so from that Best Buy, and won't be going back today.

I already own the game, but I might check back there tomorrow (WED), if it is convenient and worth my time.

I wanted @ least the Branson CAG's to have dibs first.

I'm almost afraid to ask/look up on ebay...

...what are the sealed copies going for?

Do I really want to know?

And no, they didn't have SMB All Stars for the Wii, I did check that, as I know the rarity of both of these games.

The did have Maramusa? for the wii for $13 or so, and A Boy and his Blob was also there (1 copy), with no price shown behind it.

I just looked, used it's going for around $50, new is around $80. Some people want $100, but it's selling for $80 rather regularly.

I'd love to have this, but for all the hassle I'd go likely have to go through & not wanting to spend much money on it, I'd be ok w/ picking up the 2 GC titles & the 3rd one for Wii for about $30.

[quote name='Maniac Mansion']I'd love to have this, but for all the hassle I'd go likely have to go through & not wanting to spend much money on it, I'd be ok w/ picking up the 2 GC titles & the 3rd one for Wii for about $30.[/QUOTE]

Also, waggle is not at all the best way to play these games... they are lightyears more fun with a WaveBird, and unfortunately MPT does not support it.

Best to own them in their original states.

$80 on ebay?

If I bought all 3 when I was there I'd stand to make about $150?

Shaq-Fu ebay!

Personal time lost looking for these on Wednesday- $?

Personal time posting and going throught the entire ebay process- $???

If I found and purchashed all 3 and put on ebay...

...= Waste of my time & effort!

I don't need ebay pulling from my profit with their listing prices etc...

I'd rather point out the deal, and have someone HERE get a game they want @ a PRICE that is CHEAP!!!

I might check back there tommorrow, but if there is less than the 3 copies I saw today, I will pass again.

[quote name='alarmed']$80 on ebay?

If I bought all 3 when I was there I'd stand to make about $150?

Shaq-Fu ebay!

Personal time lost looking for these on Wednesday- $?

Personal time posting and going throught the entire ebay process- $???

If I found and purchashed all 3 and put on ebay...

...= Waste of my time & effort!

I don't need ebay pulling from my profit with their listing prices etc...

I'd rather point out the deal, and have someone HERE get a game they want @ a PRICE that is CHEAP!!!

I might check back there tommorrow, but if there is less than the 3 copies I saw today, I will pass again.[/QUOTE]

very nice you, but one member will sweep in and buy all to flip...
They would make excellent trade fodder here!
I would trade for one in a heartbeat!

Check your pm...Op

[quote name='Saix_XIII']I just tried that and didn't work. I think that's the UPC, not the SKU.[/QUOTE]
(laugh) Well, I ripped it off someone else who posted it. I dunno, man.

I did a round about way of getting it. I called the store the OP mentioned and asked for it...no store near me has it at all *cry*

[quote name='zenintrude']Also, waggle is not at all the best way to play these games... they are lightyears more fun with a WaveBird, and unfortunately MPT does not support it.

Best to own them in their original states.[/QUOTE]

I thought the Wii controls made the games MUCH better.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']I did a round about way of getting it. I called the store the OP mentioned and asked for it...no store near me has it at all *cry*

9825667[/QUOTE]

That's the sku for the used/pre-owned version. If anyone has the sku for the new version, could you please post it.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']I did a round about way of getting it. I called the store the OP mentioned and asked for it...no store near me has it at all *cry*

9825667[/QUOTE]

I still don't understand why CAGs feel the need to call and ask. Listen, you do that and odds are the game will put in the back by employees so they can get them later (which I'm not opposed to, but why give them the heads up if you don't have to).

I recall seeing 8-10 copies of Uncharted at TRU when it was $5. Friend of mine called the store shortly after I left and after I let him know the game was there. He later told me the employees told him there were no copies of it anymore. Hmmm ... care to guess what happened? :p

[quote name='chinatowndan']Yeah, buy those. Lemme know if you find any Mario All Stars Wii too.
Some asshole went to every store in my city (Pittsburgh)and bought every copy new for 29 to flip on ebay. And yes, I was told by every store that it was the same guy.[/QUOTE]

It wasnt me but I drove around for like 4 hours the day that it came out trying to find a copy for a christmas gift. Needless to say a very good looking female friend of mine went to one of the same gamestops that I went to and they sold her one of the preorders because they didnt think the person was going to pick it up. Very mad about that but she obviously had an advantage over me on that one.

[quote name='romeogbs19']I still don't understand why CAGs feel the need to call and ask. Listen, you do that and odds are the game will put in the back by employees so they can get them later (which I'm not opposed to, but why give them the heads up if you don't have to).

I recall seeing 8-10 copies of Uncharted at TRU when it was $5. Friend of mine called the store shortly after I left and after I let him know the game was there. He later told me the employees told him there were no copies of it anymore. Hmmm ... care to guess what happened? :p[/QUOTE]

It always shocks me how people call for deals that are too good to be true. One time I had my CC company refund me a whole vacation without any warning or authorization. Didn't call once to figure out what happened. Wasn't my problem they decided to give me my money back.

Point is: calling is the easiest way to notify the store, business, or the employees. :whistle2:#

OP - you should have picked them up and sold them or traded them here on CAG if you don't like ebay! There are lots of people looking for that game.

I didn't call the store to ask if they had any or anything. I wanted the SKU. I had no way of getting it besides calling a store because no one on here posted it. I didn't call my local stores and ask them, I used the website to search for it.

Sadly yeah it is the used version, which doesn't help much.

This is extreme YMMV. I'd be surprised if even one other CAGer found a Metroid Prime Trilogy at Best Buy, much less marked down to $24.50. That said if you want the game almost every KMart I ever go to still has it in stock for $49.99.

I didn't see any copies at my best buy (Lee's Summit mo) but if I had I would have grabbed them. Some oaf on cl tried to charge me $90 so I went to gamestop and got one for $50. Incidentally, I did call before I went to gs. :)

I looked up the Branson, MO store (the store where the OP found the games), and it's showing unavailable. So, either the site is inaccurate or someone bought all of them.

[quote name='chiwii']I looked up the Branson, MO store (the store where the OP found the games), and it's showing unavailable. So, either the site is inaccurate or someone bought all of them.[/QUOTE]
I think IATCG mentioned something about how if the quantity drops below a certain number, it won't show up as available.

[quote name='sadboy']I think IATCG mentioned something about how if the quantity drops below a certain number, it won't show up as available.[/QUOTE]
Yeah. I've been told before that if an item drops below 3 available that it won't show up on the stock locator.

I think if they have less than 3 copies it shows unavailable. The best bet would be to go to Best Buy with the SKU and have the employee look it up in their internal stock checker.

i got a copy ages ago but can never justify opening it to play it.

regarding the controller debate, pretty much every review i've read says the wii controls are far superior and that these are the definitive editions of the games. i haven't played them, but based on re4 i'd say it's likely i'd agree. now i'm scared to play my wii because i'm so used to move.

[quote name='Maniac Mansion']I think my fav of the 3 games is Echoes...anyone else have a fav?[/QUOTE]

Echoes was my favorite also although it was a tad on the easy side, well depending on the amount of power-ups you collected.

--------------------------------

I wish I would've picked up the Trilogy Collection when it was moderately priced and easily available, now I'm kicking myself :bomb:

Someone got all 3 copies they had either yesterday, or very early today.

I did check again early today aroung 10:30, out of curiousity.

I should've either bought them on Credit (the wife would've killed me), or just posted that I knew where some were for $24.99 (not $24.50 as I posted yesterday). .49 cents is .49 cents, right? lol.

This site is much more powerful than I thought, because I really expected to find 1 or 2 of them, when I went back today!

Even if I had found them still there today, I was planning on putting them on my debit card to avoid my wife yelling at me, and selling them for their original price $49.99.

I really dislike the whole ebay/craigslist/paypal etc..., situation these days.

If you sell on ebay, you pay listing/selling fees etc...

If you sell on craigslist, you don't know what the hell you're getting into!

And if you sell on the internet, you probably have to deal with Paypal.

Shaq-FU Paypal!

Anyway, here is a copy of the message I sent to the 2 people that PM'd me.---

"I went there today around 10:30 to do just that. I didn't want to mess with ebay, but I figured if I could help you guys out, I'd go there and buy them up if they were still there. They were all gone when I got there. I'm sorry, seriously I am.

I also found out that the price was $24.99, not $24.50, as I thought I read yesterday. I hope some Branson CAG's got them, but being that all 3 of them were gone, I'm guessing that I did you & everyone else interested in them an injustice by listing them for on CAG (where NON-Cager's go for deals).

I once again apologise, I wasn't interested in them, since I own a copy already, but this will make me re-think the way I put deals on CAG in the future.

I should've just bought them, and gone to the Trade section to insure that I could sell them to you guys. I just don't really want to get involved in Trades, since money is involved, and I don't have a Paypal account, and don't really have the motivation to get one.

I used to sell heavy on ebay, years ago. I paid ebay for my account by check, and never messed with Paypal, then got out of it for whatever reason, as quickly as I got into it.

But I figure most CAG trading probably involves Paypal for good reason, just never had the motivation.

Anyway in the future I will post those kind of deals differently, so CAG's can benefit.

You will be the first person I contact, btw, if I find another one of these in my work/delivery/travels, if that means anything."

In hindsight, I apologise to anyone that really wanted this game, and their hopes were lifted and then crushed by the fact that I posted it on CAG for EVERYONE to see.

At the time, I thought I was doing the civil "NICE" thing, by not buying them up, since I already owned one.

But in the future, I will do this kind of post differently. Haven't figured that out yet, but I will learn.

Once again, I'm sorry to those of you that went out of your way to hopefully get this game for $24.99. I've been a member of this site for a long time now, you'd think I'd know how powerful the internet is, and how many people that aren't members of this site, frequent it...

...sorry.

I was there yesterday around 12:30pm and snagged all 3 of them. I am in Branson every week and have been in that store several times looking for MPT or any other good deals. So I'm not sure if they found them in the backroom while looking for something else.

I did not see your post on here before going there, but saw this thread when I got home last night.

Too bad you didn't post that last night, so alarmed wouldn't have wasted his time going there again today! :)

So, what are you going to do with them? I'm sure that there are lots of people in the trading forums that are looking for MPT.

[quote name='jjjbadboy32']I thought the Wii controls made the games MUCH better.[/QUOTE]

They do. As great as the first two games were on the GCN when they came out the game relied a lot on lock on as the second analog handled your visor settings. The Wii Remote keeps the game's controls intact while addressing that particular issue making the games that much more enjoyable. No way can I go back to a standard controller to play those games after having used the Wii Remote.

bread's done
Back