DEAD PS3 AfterGlow Controller $13 red

[quote name='Chronis']Not sure why it says new for 2010... Odd. Either way, these are the first run so it looks like Amazon is trying to get rid of them. The Wii and 360 counterparts are on sale also.

360 $18 http://www.amazon.com/Afterglow-AX-..._1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1295407870&sr=1-1

Wiimote $18 http://www.amazon.com/Afterglow-AW-..._2?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1295407870&sr=1-2

Nunchuk $8 http://www.amazon.com/Afterglow-AW-..._7?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1295407870&sr=1-7[/QUOTE]

I think they came out in 2009, thats why they put new for 2010

I'm fucking pissed, I just bought one of these at walmart like a month ago for $25.....pfft.

It's a great controller, I didn't expect it to actually have pressure sensitive buttons. The only game I have a problem with this controller is MAG, for some reason R1 and L1 just don't respond as quick as they should you have to tap the buttons like two or three times just to fire your weapon. Other then that it works perfectly with every other game.

has anyone used this controller? the reviews on amazon are all over the place. i like the xbox layout but i don't want to buy an unresponsive, broken controller. any comment is appreciated.

How does this compare to the generic PS3 controllers such rocket fish from bestbuy and the NYKO one for PS3? I tried those I can't recommend them at all

Is there any input lag on these?

[quote name='CaoPi']How does this compare to the generic PS3 controllers such rocket fish from bestbuy and the NYKO one for PS3? I tried those I can't recommend them at all

Is there any input lag on these?[/QUOTE]

When I had mine there was a tad bit of input lag, but they might have fixed that problem.

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']When I had mine there was a tad bit of input lag, but they might have fixed that problem.[/QUOTE]

I'm gonna assume that there is input lag still, will get if this drops to $10, I just need a back up in case dual shock 3 no longer works

[quote name='kankan']has anyone used this controller? the reviews on amazon are all over the place. i like the xbox layout but i don't want to buy an unresponsive, broken controller. any comment is appreciated.[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly. Can anyone vouch for the 2010 design?

I have one of these controllers I got it with my PS3 [I bought it used] and it sucked big time, besides the blinding light and feeling incredibly cheap, some of the buttons were unresponsive.
Caveat: I don't know what the previous owner did with the controller and I don't know if they've been redesigned since just giving my two cents

[quote name='Ashtaar']I have one of these controllers I got it with my PS3 [I bought it used] and it sucked big time, besides the blinding light and feeling incredibly cheap, some of the buttons were unresponsive.
Caveat: I don't know what the previous owner did with the controller and I don't know if they've been redesigned since just giving my two cents[/QUOTE]

you bought it used so it probably was one of the older models

I'm in for a green one. I need a 2nd controller and would like a dualshock 3, but till I can find a great deal on one this should fit the bill!

My lil cousin has a "gamma" green one for ps3 it's bright as $hit looks like he's holdin a piece of kryptonite or is being recruited as a green lantern. It's corded so I never used it but everyone in the house that did said it was ok but not great.

I'd suggest waiting for target/BB/TRU to run one of their deals that comes with a $50 GC and come away with 2 official ones. I did this @ BB last yr came away wit 2 silver DS3's for $86 & either a $40 or $50 GC can't remember which after a walmart PM.

If any of you have a Best Buy nearby and want a wireless controller that works on Bluetooth like the official PS3 controllers, try one of the Rocketfish brand ones.

They're only $10 and they come with about a 6 or so foot charging cable. It's left stick and D-pad are switched like a 360 controller though, so if you're not comfortable with that set up then steer clear.

Otherwise there are 3 things to look out for with these:

1. The L2/R2 trigger springs are weaker than the Dual Shock 3's
2. The PS button may take some 'breaking in' to get it to work on the first or second try.
3. The battery life on a single charge leaves something to be desired.

Other than those above listed things it's a fantastic controller and since it's only $10 there you can beat up on it and not be too worried as opposed to destroying the buttons on a Dual Shock 3.

Here's a review from Best Buy's review site for it: http://reviews.bestbuy.com/3545/944...troller-for-playstation-3-reviews/reviews.htm

The SKU# is: 9443809

Product stock locator link for BB.com: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olstemp...getype=page&listflag=true&pageMode=searchmode

I'm tempted to get one of these, the green one is only $12.83, but still I don't wanna just throw that away.

Yeah I had one of the older versions and it left thumbstick would stick or randomly go up. Id like to grab one of these if they are decent. I need a third controller maybe a 4th.

Some of the more recent reviews are good, which makes it more tempting, apparently this is a newer version which works better. 6ft long chord, not too bad. Decisions, decisions...

I only have 1 ps3 controller and I just got LBP2 so I picked up a red controller, the reviews do look promising and the triggers look nice. Thanks for posting the deal!

Went ahead and grabbed a green one. Figured its worth the gamble. Needed a third controller and didnt want to get a DS3.

i picked up the blue one from Best Buy last week. it works really well. no lag, no dead spots. also, there is a button on the back of the controller to turn off the 'afterglow'. but, i don't know about the ones Amazon are selling. maybe they are older versions of the controller and that's why it has so-so reviews. mine works great, i'm happy with it.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']If any of you have a Best Buy nearby and want a wireless controller that works on Bluetooth like the official PS3 controllers, try one of the Rocketfish brand ones.

They're only $10 and they come with about a 6 or so foot charging cable. It's left stick and D-pad are switched like a 360 controller though, so if you're not comfortable with that set up then steer clear.

Otherwise there are 3 things to look out for with these:

1. The L2/R2 trigger springs are weaker than the Dual Shock 3's
2. The PS button may take some 'breaking in' to get it to work on the first or second try.
3. The battery life on a single charge leaves something to be desired.

Other than those above listed things it's a fantastic controller and since it's only $10 there you can beat up on it and not be too worried as opposed to destroying the buttons on a Dual Shock 3.

Here's a review from Best Buy's review site for it: http://reviews.bestbuy.com/3545/944...troller-for-playstation-3-reviews/reviews.htm

The SKU# is: 9443809

Product stock locator link for BB.com: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olstemp...getype=page&listflag=true&pageMode=searchmode[/QUOTE]

I tried one of those and it was horrible. Not even worth $5. Their was a delay when you press the button to when the controller would respond to your input. I took it back for a refund. Just my 2cents.

[quote name='CaoPi']How does this compare to the generic PS3 controllers such rocket fish from bestbuy and the NYKO one for PS3? I tried those I can't recommend them at all

Is there any input lag on these?[/QUOTE]

Are you talking about the wireless Nyko or the corded one? I can't recommend the corded Nyko one enough!

On a side note I do like the commercials they have on the product pages. Totes stupid but amusing at the same time.

Just got my green controller in today. Im actually very surprised at how it feels. The thumbsticks feel sturdy. Gonna try playing some Dead Space with it tonight. Im just upset I didnt grab another one.

[quote name='LiquidCrew']I tried one of those and it was horrible. Not even worth $5. Their was a delay when you press the button to when the controller would respond to your input. I took it back for a refund. Just my 2cents.[/QUOTE]
I noticed no such delay. What was the amount of time it was delayed by? If it's like milliseconds then that's why I probably didn't notice it.

So what's the verdict on this one? I desperately want a ps3 controller thats 360 style. Plus this looks pretty cheap.

[quote name='anyczrich']So what's the verdict on this one? I desperately want a ps3 controller thats 360 style. Plus this looks pretty cheap.[/QUOTE]

Mine is rock solid. Best 3rd party controller I ever used. And it works great with Mass Effect 2.

I've already received my green one, Plugged it into my laptop and it installed automatically.

Makes a nice controller for the PC, haven't tried it on my PS3 yet..

bread's done
Back