I got these yu gi oh cards from 2003.. how much are they worth?

giantqtipz

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
hey guys,

i would post it elsewhere, but i dont know which forum this category should fall into. and i dont wanna get flamed so i guess ill post it here

umm im not advertising! ill keep it at the right forum

but i have 174 yu gi oh cards, kaiba and yugi structure deck from 2002-2003.

i found them in my stash and i want to get rid of them.. there is a local comic bookstore nearby but since i dont know how much my cards are worth, they might rip me off -_-

so here is the link to my post in the trading section:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7950985#post7950985

how much do you think the set is worth? i obught it for like $50 and i figured that the value has probably decreased?

thanks guys! :D

I used to judge Yugioh tourneys, back when it first came out (before GX and 5Ds and such.) My info's pretty outdated at this point, but it doesn't change that:

-Yugi and Kaiba starters were the first release, as such there's a ton of the cards around. They're coded differently than the series cards as well, so no passing them off as part of a different release.
-Japanese language cards are illegal for tournament use.

Long story short, your cards are probably worthless. If you happen to have the original boxes/mats/instructions for the starters, you might have some value- but I doubt it'd be enough for your local shop to even bother with. You definitely aren't getting what you paid back, that's for sure.

[quote name='darkslime']most likely unless you have mirror force they're worthless.[/QUOTE]

Mirror Force was just recently reprinted as a Common, it's not a worthwhile card these days...

That said some of the older prints still hold some value, if they're mint and playable. Also Japanese cards, while not legal for TCG play, still hold a little value as collectibles (heavy censorship of the initial run of cards contributes to this).

That said, everything in the OP's list is pretty much worthless. I'd take the lot off you for $5 shipped if you like. You're really not going to get any close to better than that.

bread's done
Back