Demon's Souls at Amazon 14.99

[quote name='guardian_owl']Matching newegg likely, great game, highly recommended.[/QUOTE]

Awesome price for an easy 120 hours of game play

[quote name='kyrhon']Grrrr greatest hits.[/QUOTE]

You aren't going to get a black label copy from a regular retailer at this point.

I plan on buying it tomorrow with this:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8080741#post8080741

Edit:
I now realize that a lot of people on this site use the Living Social referral program, so many people may interpret my post as spamming for referrals. I don't use that and was just trying to point out that there was $10 for $20 deal on their website and you could cover the game and shipping for only $10. It's on their main page and you don;t have to do any sort of referrals.

Last edited by a moderator:
just started this (mine is black label, thats how long its been sitting). very interesting so far. just beat the first boss. going to have to play it some more to really get a good feel of it.

[quote name='sabanoo']You aren't going to get a black label copy from a regular retailer at this point.[/QUOTE]

It's possible, depends on location. My local Best Buy has several black label copies. They aren't 14.99 though.

[quote name='VaultDweller']i had black label but sold it, dont get whats the big deal just get a clear blu ray case, jeez[/QUOTE]
Buying a clear blu ray case wont be enough for the people that care about that sort of thing. The greatest hits versions also have a red lable on the game artwork as well. So a clear blu ray case may make it look worse to those folks.

[quote name='wrencrest']Buying a clear blu ray case wont be enough for the people that care about that sort of thing. The greatest hits versions also have a red lable on the game artwork as well. So a clear blu ray case may make it look worse to those folks.[/QUOTE]

Actually I've seen Some GH Batman Arkum Asylum GOTY editions in the wild at Best Buy. Sealed with the clear case. Honestly they look pretty good to me.

[quote name='Kaelestis']It's possible, depends on location. My local Best Buy has several black label copies. They aren't 14.99 though.[/QUOTE]

I was talking about online retailers (since he was asking about it in a Newegg thread as well). Should have been specific.

[quote name='technole']Actually I've seen Some GH Batman Arkum Asylum GOTY editions in the wild at Best Buy. Sealed with the clear case. Honestly they look pretty good to me.[/QUOTE]
I am not sure of course, but I bet you were seeing the regular version with the temp sticker on the case. They do that for every game that becomes GH. In those cases, you get the GH price but the original case and artwork.

3D Dot Heroes is $14.99 as well. I could buy either one but I just counted about 10 :ps3: games that I havent played yet. So.....

[quote name='eldergamer']3D Dot Heroes is $14.99 as well. I could buy either one but I just counted about 10 :ps3: games that I havent played yet. So.....[/QUOTE]

you and me both except mine's about double that amount.

[quote name='hlaalumaster9']Go forth, Garl Vinland, and purchase this[/QUOTE]

:D, but I don't think anyone who doesn't have this will be swayed by this statement.

[quote name='FireWarrior']you and me both except mine's about double that amount.[/QUOTE]

I see your 2x and raise it to 10x.

So someone said something about servers being extended until late 2011... Are the servers needed to play? What exactly are the servers for? And any idea what will happen when they finally go down?

Trying to figure out if it's worth picking this up even if it's likely I won't get to it until much later this year - possibly after these servers might go down.

[quote name='INCyr']So someone said something about servers being extended until late 2011... Are the servers needed to play? What exactly are the servers for? And any idea what will happen when they finally go down?

Trying to figure out if it's worth picking this up even if it's likely I won't get to it until much later this year - possibly after these servers might go down.[/QUOTE]
Can complete the main quest just fine without the servers but some of the community aspects will disappear. No coop, no PVP, no community strategy guide (any player can type out helpful messages from pre-included words to point the way to secret passages or dangers), and no bloodstains. Bloodstains show where other players have died and if you click on it, it will replay an image of the players last moments before they died.

Basically, all the features highlighted in this Atlus video will no longer function.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14_OICVhKIQ

[quote name='LordSMVS']:D, but I don't think anyone who doesn't have this will be swayed by this statement.

I see your 2x and raise it to 10x.[/QUOTE]

You sir have a problem. :cool:

Demon's Souls: a unique jewel in the Ps3 crown.
I am trying to plat this game without doing any cheats (like quitting just after dying so you don't loose any souls). :wave:

This is a really challenging game. I'll recommended it 100% anytime.

BUY IT.

bread's done
Back