Super Meat Boy (360) $9.99 at Gamestop

[quote name='choffy21']This game was a lot of fun, but cost me $65 after the first ever controller I've broken :([/QUOTE]

I feel your pain. I got 100% and didn't smash my controller once. They cost too much $$$$ these days.

They could sell those games for $5 and I still wouldn't buy it from those bastards. :lol:

50496_35398239746_6768549_n.jpg

Great to hear that they are discounting these some times. Is that GS's standard price, or is it a sale? I'm not interested in this particular game, but it will make me take notice of their other download game cards.

[quote name='Rodster']They could sell those games for $5 and I still wouldn't buy it from those bastards. :lol:

[/QUOTE]

I stopped shopping there a long time ago. Its always a mess there. People leaving their kids to play the demo games so they can go shopping. The clerks there always trying to upsell me on edge card, reserve a game, or some bull crap. Once I purchased a NEW last copy, and the box was 'opened' because they had to use the box on the shelf. There was a saved game on Cooking Mama. 3/4 of the way in. WTF.

[quote name='k9homan']I stopped shopping there a long time ago. Its always a mess there. People leaving their kids to play the demo games so they can go shopping. The clerks there always trying to upsell me on edge card, reserve a game, or some bull crap. Once I purchased a NEW last copy, and the box was 'opened' because they had to use the box on the shelf. There was a saved game on Cooking Mama. 3/4 of the way in. WTF.[/QUOTE]

Now try taking back an open game and see if you don't get the giant fuck you middle finger. Gamestop has become irrelevant in my book thanks to Amazon, Newegg and now Walmart.com

I haven't been to a Gamestop in over 2 years.

[quote name='crunchewy']Great to hear that they are discounting these some times. Is that GS's standard price, or is it a sale? I'm not interested in this particular game, but it will make me take notice of their other download game cards.[/QUOTE]

The printed price on the card was $9.99. Some other cards I saw were the same price as they are on the market place, some items seemed like they may have been a little bit more than what they cost, most of it was the same price as it would be one the XBL Dashboard.

The only reason this jumped out was because I knew it was $15 over Live.

[quote name='kidrocklive']Do our coupon codes work for this type of thing or does it have to be a disc based game?[/QUOTE]

Just tried the coupon code. It's yet another thing that doesn't work due to the invisible terms of the coupon that GS deemed to tack on. What the hell.

[quote name='Rodster']They could sell those games for $5 and I still wouldn't buy it from those bastards. :lol:

[/QUOTE]

Your cookie is in the mail.

I haven't shopped at Gamestop B&M or online about a year or two, but what happened to the website? It looks so cluttered now, it scares me.

I couldn't care less about shopping at GS. I rarely do shop there, but if they have the best deals, then I'll go. Usually amazon does, that's why I do 95% of my entertainment shopping with them. But I'll go with who has the best price, because they want my business.

But if everyone is on a level playing field, I'll usually do amazon or Best Buy, just because they're usually the best on prices nearest to me.

GS might do some things people don't like, but at the end of the day, they are a business. What do you expect when you have game systems set up? Some parents use an Xbox as a babysitter at home, why would they not use a free one at the mall? And those employees know that you probably won't buy a Power Up card, but they have to ask. I'm sure they all love being shot down and making people think they're trying to force something on them day in and day out.

[quote name='Crazyglitcher']Just tried the coupon code. It's yet another thing that doesn't work due to the invisible terms of the coupon that GS deemed to tack on. What the hell.[/QUOTE]

these coupons are f'n pointless.....

Real CAGs took advantage of the $5 deal of the PC version on Steam last month. :p

Joking aside, it's definitely worth grabbing, whether it's $5, $10 or $15.

[quote name='mr_bungle']And those employees know that you probably won't buy a Power Up card, but they have to ask. I'm sure they all love being shot down and making people think they're trying to force something on them day in and day out.[/QUOTE]

I did find that annoying yesterday when I was buying the Beatles Rock Band deal ($8.99 used). The dude asked me and I said no and he said well have someone explained the Power Up card thoroughly? I said of course but I do not want one. I sensed a attitude developing and I just smiled and walked away.

I understand they are really trying to push their used Power Up program in a competing market like Best Buy reward zone and several others.

But do not hold an attitude because I'm not interested in their program. Other than that I have no problem with Gamestop at all. I just prefer to have game cases in mint condition and manuals in the case and good customer service. That last one is anywhere. You treat others as you would like to be treated.

Not related to Super Meat Boy, but does relate to those $10 coupon codes:

Just tried to use a $10 code to buy some of the Mass Effect 2 DLC but it wouldn't work. Decided to call customer service, figured I had nothing to lose. Turns out that since the DLC add-ons are new to their site the $10 codes from last Summer are not coded in the system for them properly (or something along those lines, not sure what he meant). He checked with a supervisor through and they both said the coupon should work and to call them back after I make my order and they will apply the coupon from their end.

The Game Stop stores in my area have neither Meat Boy or Fat Princess cards in the stores. Oh well, got a Fat Princess code from Best Buy's website. It is 7.99 on their website.

I ended up purchasing it today at my local Gamestop. They didn't have the physical card there, but the cashier was able to look it up on the computer, the physical card is just a SKU number, it's in their systems regardless.

Oh sweet, maybe I'll go back sometime this week to get Super Meat Boy. They did not inform me of that when I was there. Thanks for the info.

[quote name='Tsukento']Real CAGs took advantage of the $5 deal of the PC version on Steam last month. :p

Joking aside, it's definitely worth grabbing, whether it's $5, $10 or $15.[/QUOTE]
That's the spirit! screw GS, but get this game anyway you can.
Bought once for 800msp bought it again on steam for

bread's done
Back