* * * * * 1 votes

The Official PlayStation Vita Thread - 11/4: FW 3.00 Coming Just in Time for the PS4 Launch!

#3121 jkam   Smash It Up CAGiversary!   12149 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:14 PM

Velocity Ultra coming July 2nd. Don't know much about it but the PSP game was loved. This is a remake with better graphics\cutscenes.

#3122 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   70106 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:47 PM

http://blog.us.plays...exclusive-mask/

Hotline Miami is out on Tuesday for $9.99 with Cross Buy and Cross Save support. It includes an exclusive mask.

http://blog.us.plays...-vita-july-2nd/

Velocity Ultra is out on July 2 for $7.99 and it includes a Platinum trophy.

#3123 humidore   Pasha CAGiversary!   1880 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 June 2013 - 09:03 PM

Really looking forward to learning when Spelunky is out. Got $20 in my SEN wallet just waiting for it...

#3124 PimpLimp   Pimpin Aint Easy CAGiversary!   1660 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

PimpLimp

Posted 22 June 2013 - 04:46 PM

The new Dragon Ball Z game that was announced for western release yesterday, Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z, will be getting a digital-only Vita release

Trailer:

#3125 dallow   By Kaz! CAGiversary!   30359 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 June 2013 - 06:47 PM

DBZ looks like it'll be retail in Europe so I may import.

For the obscure game fans.

Legends of War is under $20 shipped from the UK.
Supposed to be a good portable strategy game.

Saved me paying upwards of $60 on eBay.

http://www.zavvi.com...r/10623749.html

Anyone else order this and get an email saying there is a problem with fulfilling the order?
Didn't see your post but yeah, they didn't have it in stock until like 2 weeks later. They finally shipped it earlier this week.

#3126 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   70106 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:51 PM

http://blog.us.plays...ing-to-ps-vita/

9129429991_86e11c6d94_z.jpg

#3127 Crunchewy   What? CAGiversary!   21876 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 27 June 2013 - 07:35 PM

I had my heart set on a 3DS XL, but then this:

Argh!

#3128 PimpLimp   Pimpin Aint Easy CAGiversary!   1660 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

PimpLimp

Posted 29 June 2013 - 06:39 AM

Total Recoil from UK developer Eiconic Games is coming to Vita in NA on July 9th.

Trailer:

#3129 MildObstruction   then let my “insanity” be the mother of my betrayal CAGiversary!   16711 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

MildObstruction

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:53 PM

Something awesome is about to happen, with some Playstation Mobile version of Tokyo Jungle that's apparently reminiscent of Final Fantasy Tactics.

http://www.computera...station-mobile/

#3130 4thHorseman   The New God CAGiversary!   2463 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

4thHorseman

Posted 03 July 2013 - 04:22 PM

Well, looks like Warrior's Lair/Ruin has been officially cancelled. Sad. I thought it sounded pretty cool.

http://www.ign.com/a...1123db85c000002

#3131 jtmoney430   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   79 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:07 PM

Anybody play history legends of war on your vita yet? I'm very interested but cannot find it anywhere. I know someone said it was $20 on zavvi but that was in pounds not dollars. I don't really want to spend $40 on it.

#3132 jtmoney430   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   79 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:22 PM

Nevermind, just went to zavvi again and they dropped the price so it came out to about $20 after shipping. That is a good price.

#3133 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   70106 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 07 July 2013 - 12:03 AM

NISA announced two games for Vita today:

NIS America is thrilled to announce that the critically acclaimed dungeon-crawling RPG, Demon Gaze, will be making its way to the PlayStation Vita in both North America and Europe early next year. As the main character Oz, you will explore beautiful 3D dungeons as you fight against a myriad of highly detailed and illustrated monsters in order to bolster your party with ever stronger equipment. Fans of HD anime artwork and dungeon exploration will enjoy gazing upon this title in early 2014!

For more information, please visit http://www.nisamerica.com/demongaze

About the game:

Oz awakens to find himself in Misred — a cursed land at the world's western frontier — with a dark shroud covering certain memories of his past. The land before him contains many labyrinths that hold both treasure and danger in equal volumes. Without knowing where else to go or what else to do, Oz decides to take up arms in order to hunt down artifacts and eke out a living in this world that feels so new to him. One day, he will have to face his past, but until then, he has no choice but to trust those around him, and in his newfound abilities as a “Demon Gazer”...

Key features:
  • Dungeon RPG progress system: Conquer locations within dungeons to access better items and to draw out the boss!
  • HD character and monster illustrations: Experience highly detailed and illustrated art like you’ve never seen before on the PS Vita’s OLED screen!
  • Customizable party creation: Choose from more than 90 different character portraits, 5 different races, and 8 different classes and create your ideal adventuring party to delve fearlessly into various beautiful 3D dungeons!
  • Subclass flexibility: Utilize special items to gain skills from several other character classes to maximize your characters’ battle potential and survivability!
  • Touchscreen quicktravel: Employ the use of the PS Vita’s touch screen to quickly navigate your character through previously explored areas within dungeons!

That game is $39.99.

NIS America is thrilled to announce that the highly popular mystery adventure game, DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc, will be making its way to the PlayStation Vita in both North America and Europe early next year. The game is a revised and revamped edition of a title originally released on the PlayStation Portable in Japan in 2010. You’ll take on the role of Makoto Naegi, a desperately average teenager who somehow finds himself accepted into Hope's Peak Academy, a prestigious high school normally reserved for the nation's most "ultimate" students. But when he arrives, he and the other students soon find themselves trapped in a battle for survival against a twisted mastermind who has taken them all prisoner. You'll have to unmask the villain and uncover the secret of the school...or die trying! 

For more information, please visit http://www.nisamerica.com/danganrompa/

About the game:

Hope's Peak Academy is home to Japan's best and brightest high school students — the beacons of hope for the future. But that hope suddenly dies when Makoto Naegi and his classmates find themselves imprisoned in the school, cut off from the outside world and subject to the whims of a strange, murderous little bear named Monokuma. He pits the students against each other, promising freedom to anyone who can murder a fellow classmate and get away with it. It's up to you to find out who Monokuma really is, and why you've been taken from the world you once knew. But be careful what you wish for — sometimes there’s nothing more deadly than the truth...

Key features:
  • Daily Life, Deadly Life: Trapped in a school-turned-prison, students are murdering each other one by one. You’ll have to investigate each incident, search for clues, and talk to your classmates to try and get to the bottom of each brutal case!
  • Mock Trial: The nefarious Monokuma serves as judge, jury, and executioner as you engage in deadly wordplay, going back and forth with suspects, dissecting their statements and firing their words back at them to expose their lies!
  • Popularity Contest: Sway classmates to your side in each investigation, squeezing information from them to figure out who did it. And when you do, turn up the heat in a variety of timing and reflex-based game systems to uncover the truth and save your skin!

#3134 RedFoxCommando   I Am Spartacus! CAGiversary!   799 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

RedFoxCommando

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:04 PM

Well, looks like Warrior's Lair/Ruin has been officially cancelled. Sad. I thought it sounded pretty cool.

http://www.ign.com/a...1123db85c000002

Damn!  I was really looking forward to this one :(  I hadn't heard any development news since it was announced.  Maybe we should get a petition going to reignite the development.

#3135 MildObstruction   then let my “insanity” be the mother of my betrayal CAGiversary!   16711 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

MildObstruction

Posted 09 July 2013 - 12:52 PM

Here ya go rumor lovers, Injustice GOTY leaked by amazon.fr including a Vita and PC port

http://www.computera...or-pc-and-vita/

#3136 StryderOmega  

StryderOmega

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:37 PM

Here ya go rumor lovers, Injustice GOTY leaked by amazon.fr including a Vita and PC port
http://www.computera...or-pc-and-vita/

Knew it was bound to release considering MK9 and the amount of content released.

#3137 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   70106 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:10 PM

Hopefully, they'll give it as much love and attention as the Vita version of MK.

#3138 Crunchewy   What? CAGiversary!   21876 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2013 - 01:27 PM

I got my used Vita (from ebay) and am super happy that it came as described: perfect condition!

So anyway, I like this thing, but I have a problem that has cropped up. When I first went to the PS store and downloaded some of my PS+ games, I was able to queue up lots of games for download and it was no problem. But now I'm having an issue where I start one thing downloading, and then if I try to queue up another thing (even if the first thing finished downloading) I get stuck at the preparing download... pop up message, or whatever it says. And if I try to cancel the download that popup goes away, but the store is grayed out and if I try to press the PS button to quit out, it just puts up a you can't do this symbol. I'm stuck. The only solution I've found is to power off (completely) and power back up.

I should mention that what I'm downloading now are Pinball Arcade tables, but I'm not sure that's relevant because in my original batch of downloads, that included a lot of PA stuff and there was no problem.

So two things - has anyone else had this issue and second, is there a way to force quit an application without powering off completely?

I wish there was a Vita MLB.tv app. If there is one I couldn't find it. Seems like it would be a great device for watching baseball.

#3139 Crunchewy   What? CAGiversary!   21876 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2013 - 02:52 PM

Apparently the above problem is not just happening on my Vita. So that's good - means it's not a problem with my Vita specifically.

On different note: is there a release date for Spelunky? I am really looking forward to that.

#3140 HELLRAZR_28   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   150 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

HELLRAZR_28

Posted 12 July 2013 - 09:24 PM

I've had this problem as well, quite frequently since April or so. And I don't know any way to resolve it other than a hard reboot (forcing system off). 

#3141 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   70106 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 13 July 2013 - 12:14 AM

I believe Spelunky's coming later this month.

#3142 StryderOmega  

StryderOmega

Posted 13 July 2013 - 05:55 AM

Apparently the above problem is not just happening on my Vita. So that's good - means it's not a problem with my Vita specifically.

On different note: is there a release date for Spelunky? I am really looking forward to that.

Yeah I have the same problem from time to time. Then I give up and download one thing at a time.

#3143 MildObstruction   then let my “insanity” be the mother of my betrayal CAGiversary!   16711 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

MildObstruction

Posted 15 July 2013 - 02:58 PM

Disgaea 4 confirmed for Vita in Japan, no release date yet

http://www.polygon.c...o-vita-in-japan

#3144 Crunchewy   What? CAGiversary!   21876 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 16 July 2013 - 02:40 PM

How do you get the memory card out? My Vita came with a card installed, but unlike game cards, the memory card doesn't seem to stick out of the slot so I can't push on it to pop it out. ???

#3145 kill3r7   MiNd ThE GaP CAGiversary!   4650 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 July 2013 - 02:53 PM

How do you get the memory card out? My Vita came with a card installed, but unlike game cards, the memory card doesn't seem to stick out of the slot so I can't push on it to pop it out. ???

Push the memory card in and it will spring out.

#3146 Crunchewy   What? CAGiversary!   21876 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:01 PM

Ah - I see what the problem was. I was looking at the slot beside the game card slot. Didn't realize the memory card was on the edge next to the USB cable port. :) The memory card was already in the Vita when I got it.

#3147 PimpLimp   Pimpin Aint Easy CAGiversary!   1660 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

PimpLimp

Posted 18 July 2013 - 04:58 PM

Mutant Mudds is coming to the Vita.

#3148 Crunchewy   What? CAGiversary!   21876 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2013 - 06:41 PM

Jeff Minter says he expects TxK to be out for Vita this year. It's coming along on schedule.

I'm considering buying Guacamelee, but didn't that go on sale on PS+ at one point? I should have bought it then. It sounds fun, but I really wish there were demos for all download games, like there is for XBLA and XBLIG. I'll probably take a chance anyway, but I really wish I could try before buying.

#3149 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   70106 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 18 July 2013 - 07:44 PM

It was on sale at launch for PS+ people.

#3150 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   70106 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:02 PM

http://blog.us.plays...vita-this-year/

Team 17 is bringing Worms Revolution to the Vita as Worms Revolution Extreme. It has all of the single-player stuff along with local and online multiplayer. The new stuff includes a new cross-gift feature that lets you unlock stuff in both versions of the game if you or a friend has the other version along with Cross Save support. You can use the touchscreen to select weapons or zoom in/out the camera and the rear touch pad can be used to aim weapons.