Jan/Feb @Gamer Coupons 1/27 - 2/26 (109.99 in savings)

Animekatt

CAGiversary!
It's that time again for everyone's favorite Best Buy coupons!!!! /s
The cover has pictures of several game characters, with Marcus Fenix smack dab in the middle of them all.

Coupons are good from Jan 27th thru Feb 26th.

:360::ps3: $15 off Batman: Arkham Game of the Year Edition

:360::ps3: $15 off Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

:360::ps3: $20 off Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days

:360::ps3: $20 off Singularity

:wii: $10 off Michael Jackson: The Experience

:ds: $10 off Kingdom Hearts Re:coded

:360::ps3::ps2::psp::wii::ds: Save $10 on any pre-owned game $19.99 and above

:pc: Buy one PC value title ($9.99), get one free

yeah if you can get AC for 25 bucks after coupon, that's creates a pretty profittable flip at gamestop. If the TIV holds at 24, could trade it in for ??38.40?? If my math is correct, with the towards a used game purchase offer 50% and edge card 10%

[quote name='Narynan']yeah if you can get AC for 25 bucks after coupon, that's creates a pretty profittable flip at gamestop. If the TIV holds at 24, could trade it in for ??38.40?? If my math is correct, with the towards a used game purchase offer 50% and edge card 10%[/QUOTE]
Yes but you have to also consider the price of the magazine and the price of the used game you're purchasing at GS

[quote name='Narynan']yeah if you can get AC for 25 bucks after coupon, that's creates a pretty profittable flip at gamestop. If the TIV holds at 24, could trade it in for ??38.40?? If my math is correct, with the towards a used game purchase offer 50% and edge card 10%[/QUOTE]

I traded in ACB yesterday and it was $20 base.

If the $39.99 AC:B price is a sale price, it'll be YMMV on the coupon as they all say "Markdowns taken from regular prices.":cry: Hopefully it's a price drop!

[quote name='stageman12']If the $39.99 AC:B price is a sale price, it'll be YMMV on the coupon as they all say "Markdowns taken from regular prices.":cry: Hopefully it's a price drop![/QUOTE]

I remember when they had the coupon for the newer POP. I, along with many other CAGs, successfully used the coupon on POP when it was on sale. Ended up getting it for $10 I think...and not too long after the release date. If your cashier rings it up, you should find that it works...in most cases.

Two things still bother me about these coupons

1 - They used to be free, and while there is still a free one on their website now and then, it's very rare.

2 - While the priced w/coupon ends up being decent, it usually doesn't end up being any better then the recent sale prices at other places.

[quote name='JKSonic']Two things still bother me about these coupons

1 - They used to be free, and while there is still a free one on their website now and then, it's very rare.

2 - While the priced w/coupon ends up being decent, it usually doesn't end up being any better then the recent sale prices at other places.[/QUOTE]

thank you, I dont even shop at Retail Buy any more... there are no longer sales/clearances of any type, and everything is retail or over retail. I hope they fold asap. I wouldnt bat an eye.

[quote name='wreckemtexastech']thank you, I dont even shop at Retail Buy any more... there are no longer sales/clearances of any type, and everything is retail or over retail. I hope they fold asap. I wouldnt bat an eye.[/QUOTE]

Only way I shop there is if they actually DO have a good deal/coupon (which is very rare), or if I need to buy something that you can only really get at retail (like I bought my Wife's Kindle there) so I can put it on my RZc.

I'll also use my RZc to get points at other places like getting pictures developed or buying flowers for my Wife...so I'll get something there if I have a RZ certificate obviously.

LOL "109.99 in savings"

reminds me of a joke where the wife comes home and says "honey i just got these shoes for $400! They were originally $600 so i saved us $200!"
husband grumbles "if you didn't buy anything it would have saved us $400..."

Even if you have to pay $6 for the mag, if Singularity and Batman prices hold or drop those are good deals and so is AC:B if you can use the coup with the special $40 price.

[quote name='wreckemtexastech']thank you, I dont even shop at Retail Buy any more... there are no longer sales/clearances of any type, and everything is retail or over retail. I hope they fold asap. I wouldnt bat an eye.[/QUOTE]

Don't let the door hit you in the ass...

I'm wondering if the ACB coupon will work with the Collector's edition, bringing it to 45. Honestly, I thought ACB was well worth 60 just for the standard edition, but if I can get it for 45, I'm getting that ASAP.

[quote name='Heavyd814life']So that means Arkham Asylum would be $15?[/QUOTE]

If this is true then I'm definitely picking up a copy for my gf. How do we get the coupons?

[quote name='DieGo2SHAE']If this is true then I'm definitely picking up a copy for my gf. How do we get the coupons?[/QUOTE]
you buy the @gamer magazine

[quote name='dominator']I'm wondering if the ACB coupon will work with the Collector's edition, bringing it to 45. Honestly, I thought ACB was well worth 60 just for the standard edition, but if I can get it for 45, I'm getting that ASAP.[/QUOTE]

This is my question as well...

[quote name='argyle']This is my question as well...[/QUOTE]
I believe I tried to grab Bioshock 2 LE a while ago with the coupon for the vanilla version of the game and was told that the coupon went by SKU. So as of now I'm going to say that it will NOT work on the LE/SE/CE versions of games.

As long as they keep up with their CE/LE clearances, I'll continue shopping there.

[quote name='dominator']I'm wondering if the ACB coupon will work with the Collector's edition, bringing it to 45. Honestly, I thought ACB was well worth 60 just for the standard edition, but if I can get it for 45, I'm getting that ASAP.[/QUOTE]

Don't think the coupon will work but the 10% off one for the reward zone silver will...It even took 10% off of a prepaid phone card that I wasn't expecting.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I believe I tried to grab Bioshock 2 LE a while ago with the coupon for the vanilla version of the game and was told that the coupon went by SKU. So as of now I'm going to say that it will NOT work on the LE/SE/CE versions of games.[/QUOTE]
It's not going to stop people from trying up the wazoo. It's like (customer and manager): :argue: .

probally be tossing mine up on ebay to try to recoup the cost of the mag this month.. might just keep the 50% off a used game for the hell of it

[quote name='slidecage']probally be tossing mine up on ebay to try to recoup the cost of the mag this month.. might just keep the 50% off a used game for the hell of it[/QUOTE]
Where is this 50% off a used game coupon you speak of? I didn't see it listed in the OP. All I saw was a coupon listed for $10 off one.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Where is this 50% off a used game coupon you speak of? I didn't see it listed in the OP. All I saw was a coupon listed for $10 off one.[/QUOTE]

I think he's referring to the $19.99 minimum for used games making it 50% at that price point only.

[quote name='argyle']This is my question as well...[/QUOTE]

Amazon has been selling AC:B at 40 for a while now (both 360 and PS3).

[quote name='Donut2922']I think he's referring to the $19.99 minimum for used games making it 50% at that price point only.[/QUOTE]
Ahhh. I see. Then I guess I'm gonna be keeping Red Dead Redemption from them from the B2G1 last week, but if there were a 50% off ALL used games coupon I'd have taken a chance on a used copy of RDR for PS3 the closest store had.:D

Coupons are the only reason to get this poor excuse for a magazine. It's beyond awful writing and planning. A total retread of every other better videogame magazine that's out there and at least a month behind them in terms of news, etc...

[quote name='coopx']where can i find the coupons?[/QUOTE]

In the latest issue of Tiger Beat magazine on you local newsstands now!!

Bought the magazine Monday, going to pick up Brotherhood tonight. I looked online and it's only $14.99 for 10 issues...much better than paying $6 an issue.

What I want to know is where the thread was where the official Best Buy rep stopped by. I must have missed it... And he must've gotten an ear full...

[quote name='solisnk']Bought the magazine Monday, going to pick up Brotherhood tonight. I looked online and it's only $14.99 for 10 issues...much better than paying $6 an issue.[/QUOTE]
Only problem is if they stop the physical coupons like Kmart did after a while, then it becomes worthwhile only as toilet paper, much like Game Informer is now.;)

Too bad you couldn't price match and then use one of the coupons on top of it, cuz then Kane & Lynch 2 would be free after coupon after PMing Gamestop's price.:razz:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Only problem is if they stop the physical coupons like Kmart did after a while, then it becomes worthwhile only as toilet paper, much like Game Informer is now.;)

Too bad you couldn't price match and then use one of the coupons on top of it, cuz then Kane & Lynch 2 would be free after coupon after PMing Gamestop's price.:razz:[/QUOTE]

Paying for coupons seems counter productive to me. Besides, I've noticed a tendency for the best buy coupon price to be regular price or sale price in many stores within a few months. I got bioshock 2 for 19.99 with a coupon from my free copy of the mag and a couple months later everyone had it for that price. It's been what, 6 months or so at this point? Now amazon has the 360 version for 15 something! I would just assume wait a few months and not pay for a magazine.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I already have K&L2 from GS when I used up my credit with them, but I figured for those who wanted to try the game the PM+coupon might be worth it.[/QUOTE]

Are you talking about a PM from $39.99 from GS? Cuz best buy's site shows the price on K&L2 at $39.99 too.

bread's done
Back