Street Fighter IV Collectors Edition - $28 at Amazon - Prime and FSSS Eligible

Fernando Rocker

CAGiversary!
Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Amblix']PS3 version (With the superior Ryu figure) is $95. :([/QUOTE]

Wow... very expensive. But I think the 360 version of the game is a little bit better; like most multi-platform games, the framerate and graphics are slighty better on the 360.

I think the most valuable of the collector's edition was the PS3 version with Ryu. Those sell insanely high on ebay. Sadly, i had to sell mine awhile back when I was broke :(. Wish i could buy that edition for $28 bucks

I guess I should buy Super Street FIghter IV too... just for my collection.

Man... sometimes I feel bad for buying games and not playing them. Heck, I have like 70 360 games and my Gamerscore is below 5000!

[quote name='secretvampire']Off-topic: Why do people get such hard-ons for the steelbook packaging?[/QUOTE]

Well... they look nice. Much better than the regular packaging. But in my case, it's mostly OCD.

For example, I can't buy Platinum Hits / Player's Choice / Greatest Hits / Game of the Year Edition... I just can't. I hate the packaging. And I also can't buy regular edition of the games if I know there is a Collector's Edition / Limited Edition...

I know, I'm lame.

It's the same with the Blu-ray movies and the slipcovers. I have hunted slipcovers at retail stores because Amazon has sent me movies without the slipcover.

[quote name='Fernando Rocker']Wow... very expensive. But I think the 360 version of the game is a little bit better; like most multi-platform games, the framerate and graphics are slighty better on the 360.[/QUOTE]

hahaha! Come on, dude!
Seriously? You think a fighter is going to be better on the 360? And there are many platform games that look and run better on the PS3 (Dead Space, DMC4, Final Fantasy, Tekken 6...), if not, they're pretty much equal.

[quote name='Fernando Rocker']Wow... very expensive. But I think the 360 version of the game is a little bit better; like most multi-platform games, the framerate and graphics are slighty better on the 360.[/QUOTE]

Majority of tournaments use PS3 platform. That should tell you something. ;)

[quote name='FactionG']Majority of tournaments use PS3 platform. That should tell you something. ;)[/QUOTE]

Just because the PS3 controller is better suited for fighting games (because of the non-functional Xbox d-pad)... and in tournaments, they usually use the regular controller.

But it doesn't matter if you have a fightstick.

And don't get me wrong. I love the PS3, I love the Wii and I love the 360, but let's be realistic: when it comes to multiplatform games, 360 is the favorite choice for most gamers.

I only use the PS3 and Wii for exclusive games, just like lst gen my PS2 was for exclusive games (it has a lot) and my Gamecube was for exclusive games and multi-platform (multiplatform games runs better on the Gamecube than on the PS2... see Resident Evil 4, Viewtiful Joe, Soul Calibur, etc...).

[quote name='secretvampire']Off-topic: Why do people get such hard-ons for the steelbook packaging?[/QUOTE]

Because they're gorgeous and classy... usually.

1. 3rd party seller fulfilled by amazon= same as buying from amazon. the 3rd party seller ships their items to amazon warehouse, amazon ships it when it sells. fulfilled by amazon orders are treated the same as amazon orders so theres nothing to worry about.

2. the ryu figure is only 3" tall. its about the same size as the tiny Altair figure in the first assassins creed limited edition. the ryu that comes with crimson viper in a box for the uk version is much bigger and more of a figure than this version's mini-ryu.

3. the ps3 collectors edition is around 40 bucks on ebay...dont get too excited.

4. if you don't understand the allure of steelbook cases, then you probably don't own one. its like the difference between regular trading cards and hologram/foil trading cards.

Cause they're beautiful! I would buy almost anything in a steelbook. Except for jericho, cause that game sucked.

[quote name='technicalstylez']1. 3rd party seller fulfilled by amazon= same as buying from amazon. the 3rd party seller ships their items to amazon warehouse, amazon ships it when it sells. fulfilled by amazon orders are treated the same as amazon orders so theres nothing to worry about.

2. the ryu figure is only 3" tall. its about the same size as the tiny Altair figure in the first assassins creed limited edition. the ryu that comes with crimson viper in a box for the uk version is much bigger and more of a figure than this version's mini-ryu.

3. the ps3 collectors edition is around 40 bucks on ebay...dont get too excited.

4. if you don't understand the allure of steelbook cases, then you probably don't own one. its like the difference between regular trading cards and hologram/foil trading cards.[/QUOTE]

Your #1 is wrong in so many ways. I have had third party sellers fulfilled by Amazon send me used items, the wrong item, Canadian versions, dented items, etc...Yes, Amazon generally takes care of it if there is a problem, but Amazon blindly ships out whatever they are sent by the third party. It's not the same as Amazon in any sense of the word.

[quote name='bojay1997']Your #1 is wrong in so many ways. I have had third party sellers fulfilled by Amazon send me used items, the wrong item, Canadian versions, dented items, etc...Yes, Amazon generally takes care of it if there is a problem, but Amazon blindly ships out whatever they are sent by the third party. It's not the same as Amazon in any sense of the word.[/QUOTE]

Yep, I recently ordered something from a third party seller (fulfilled by Amazon) and they sent me an open, used game. Luckily Amazon handles the claims so it's easy to return. But I'd still rather deal with Amazon directly as I've never run into any issues with them (rather than third-parties, which can be hit or miss.)

[quote name='mywhitenoise']hahaha! Come on, dude!
Seriously? You think a fighter is going to be better on the 360? And there are many platform games that look and run better on the PS3 (Dead Space, DMC4, Final Fantasy, Tekken 6...), if not, they're pretty much equal.[/QUOTE]

^ Fanboy

SFIV looks better on the 360 and has 1-2 frames less lag (which matches the arcade version). The difference is not game-breaking though, and the biggest US fighting game tournament (EVO) uses PS3 because they are sponsored by Sony.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/face-off-street-fighter-iv-article
http://shoryuken.com/f177/ps3-360-sf4-system-lag-what-definitive-answer-231128/index5.html

I like my PS3 more but after actually doing _research_, most multiplatform games are sadly better on the 360.

[quote name='Fernando Rocker']
I only use the PS3 and Wii for exclusive games, just like lst gen my PS2 was for exclusive games (it has a lot) and my Gamecube was for exclusive games and multi-platform (multiplatform games runs better on the Gamecube than on the PS2... see Resident Evil 4, Viewtiful Joe, Soul Calibur, etc...).[/QUOTE]

This is exactly how I feel.

Last generation was mainly PS2 and GC with the GC getting the multi platform versions (although the PS2 had a shitload of great exclusives). This generation for multi platform the 360 versions are almost always superior thus they get the nod, with the Wii and PS3 getting mostly exclusive love.

Although this generation my PS3 usually gets additional usage from it's multimedia capabilities (streaming content via web browser, blu ray).

In regards to SSF4, I have both versions of the game. The 360 version runs quicker (menus, starting up, etc) and online is much much smoother and more reliable meaning more green connections than a flurry of yellow and red connections (although online is still not up to japanese standards lol). The 360 is the better version.

[quote name='bojay1997']Your #1 is wrong in so many ways. I have had third party sellers fulfilled by Amazon send me used items, the wrong item, Canadian versions, dented items, etc...Yes, Amazon generally takes care of it if there is a problem, but Amazon blindly ships out whatever they are sent by the third party. It's not the same as Amazon in any sense of the word.[/QUOTE]

based on my personal experience, my #1 is correct. ive never had any problems with a 3rd party seller fulfilled by amazon -usually hubbagames- and you even said so yourself that amazon customer service will handle any issues, that is a guarantee that cannot be said for normal 3rd party sales. amazon is doing you a favor by covering the 3rd party seller's ass. lay off the haterade and don't be mad at me because you had some bad orders.

That was spooky! You won't believe me but I actually bought Jericho CE two days ago, mostly because the steelbook case.

I got the game from Amazon, new, for $25. They still have copies in stock. Weird thing is, it was supposed to be Gamestop exclusive.

[quote name='Fernando Rocker']I'm at the bar... kinda drunk... posting from my Android.

I love you, guys![/QUOTE]

Not as much as I love you!

Let's not forget that the PS3 version of the CE comes with the SF anime on BD. The Xbox has a HD version of the anime on DVD disc (don't confuse it with HD-DVD).

Regardless, I've learned my lesson and I'll not get MvsC 3 SE on day one :lol:

[quote name='Serpentor']Let's not forget that the PS3 version of the CE comes with the SF anime on BD. The Xbox has a HD version of the anime on DVD disc (don't confuse it with HD-DVD).

Regardless, I've learned my lesson and I'll not get MvsC 3 SE on day one :lol:[/QUOTE]

Buttt whyyyy its gonna be so greatttttttt :(

[quote name='Serpentor']Let's not forget that the PS3 version of the CE comes with the SF anime on BD. The Xbox has a HD version of the anime on DVD disc (don't confuse it with HD-DVD).
[/QUOTE]
To add to this, the 360 version is actually a 360 game disc. Meaning, you can only watch the movie on a 360, and not any ol' DVD player. This was Capcom's way of releasing the anime in HD for the 360.

And my two cents...don't get it. Unless you're a huge fan of the series, this CE is pretty disappointing.

I sold my 360 copy after 20 minutes and bought it for the PS3. The 360 controller is HORRIBLE for fighting games.

[quote name='antlp89']This is exactly how I feel.

Last generation was mainly PS2 and GC with the GC getting the multi platform versions (although the PS2 had a shitload of great exclusives). This generation for multi platform the 360 versions are almost always superior thus they get the nod, with the Wii and PS3 getting mostly exclusive love.

Although this generation my PS3 usually gets additional usage from it's multimedia capabilities (streaming content via web browser, blu ray).

In regards to SSF4, I have both versions of the game. The 360 version runs quicker (menus, starting up, etc) and online is much much smoother and more reliable meaning more green connections than a flurry of yellow and red connections (although online is still not up to japanese standards lol). The 360 is the better version.[/QUOTE]All I needed was the PS2. Sold my GC around 2004, since I didn't need it. :p

[quote name='Fernando Rocker']And you call yourself a gamer without playing Nintendo first party games?[/QUOTE]

Contrary to popular belief, there are gamers that don't care about Nintendo's first party games. I loved them growing up as a kid, and I still go back to the 8 bit, 16 bit versions to this day on my NES and Super Nintendo consoles that I still own. But the Gamecube/Wii versions of the Mario/Mario Kart/Donkey Kong/Zelda/Metroid games just don't have the same appeal to me as the original versions that I grew up with did.

about the frame rate thing(not necessarily about sf4, i dunno which version is better).

most multiplat games(if one is better) run better and look better on the 360.

read almost any side by side spec comparisons of multi plat games(ive seen like 2 or 3 PS3 games have better specs than the 360 version, save for the size limit on discs).

even multiplat downloadable games(hd remix comes to mind, the ps3 version was unplayable about a year ago) are better on 360.

you would think it would be the other way around.

and btw, im by no means a 360 fan boy.

i wont even buy a multiplat 360 game(only the ps3 version).

[quote name='Fernando Rocker']And you call yourself a gamer without playing Nintendo first party games?[/QUOTE]Almost all the worthwhile first party Nintendo games were out by 2004. I only missed out on Pikmin 2 and Metroid Prime 2. xD

Regardless, I've learned my lesson and I'll not get MvsC 3 SE on day one :lol:[/QUOTE]
I wanna watch this SF anime, any place that you guys know where it can be watched? :p

SF 4 < SSSF 4 < SSF 4 Arcade Edition

I don't see why anyone would want SF 4 now lacking characters, ultras costumes, and DLC, compared to ice cream it's like this

Vanilla < Chocolate < Strawberry

As a big SF fan, I bought the CE on day one, and had buyer's remorse after watching the crappy anime film that came with it. It was really bad...one of the worst anime films I've seen. Badly animated and an awful plot. Don't bother with this set unless you are a completionist.

[quote name='CaoPi']Vanilla < Chocolate < Strawberry[/QUOTE]

Hey, hold on now. The Barenaked Ladies can back me up in that vanilla is the finest of the flavors.

[quote name='DPsycho']Hey, hold on now. The Barenaked Ladies can back me up in that vanilla is the finest of the flavors.[/QUOTE]

If by finest you mean boring. Its called "vanilla" for a reason.

bread's done
Back