Gal Gun discussion - Free demo on Japanese XBL Marketplace!

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
[youtube]7KMY3xzrGFc[/youtube]
Trailer is NSFW due to insanity

Gal Gun is a wacky on-rails Japanese shooter for Xbox 360 that's never coming to America. The full game is region locked, but you can download the demo now on any region's console.

89170__468x_gal-gun-005.jpg

To get the Gal Gun demo, you'll need to create a Japanese Xbox Live account.

Instructions for creating a Japanese Xbox Live account

• Once you've created the account on your console, you'll be at the dashboard.
  • My Xbox is in English; press up once to select Game Marketplace (ゲーム followed by 9 Katakana characters).
  • Once in the Marketplace, press right four times to highlight demos (it's written in 3 Kanji characters).
  • Gal Gun is currently the first demo on the left. Choose Download (marked as Free) the 1.49 GB demo.

Kotaku's TGS demo impressions

500x_gal_gun_secrets_01.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just wait a week and it will be on silver account too. I got a Japanese 360 so I will be getting the full game

Okay, at this point it should work with Silver accounts too, so anyone who's bothered to set up a Japanese account can now get it.

The game is actually really fun if you like rail shooters. It's quite silly, obviously, and has great character models, though the backgrounds are pretty plain. If I ever get a Japanese system, I'm importing this for sure.

How does this game work? Does it work with some sort of gun accessory, or are you just moving a cursor around the screen with the analog stick? I can't imagine that would be much fun.

You just aim a crosshair with the analog stick. The fun really comes from it being so silly. I mean, it's probably the silliest 360 game in existence.

Just started a Japanese XBL account for this demo, Im kicking myself now for not doing it earlier. I mean they have so many more demos for games I like (like NiER)

[quote name='eastx']Was it difficult, 62t? I'm getting it sometime, but I might wait for the Platinum Hits version.[/QUOTE]

Not really. I think the only difficulty is not knowing Japanese. It is easier than other light gun games I played.

bread's done
Back