Mafia 2 Collectors Edition (360) $36 @ Amazon

brewin

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003NG1LPQ/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&seller=

Got one for myself as I have been waiting for a drop and almost snagged the reg. edition for $30 a few weeks back. Glad I waited. Looks like a good deal as the packaging looks sweet and is STEELBOOK! I am a steelbook case junkie so this works for me! I know some of you cheapasses will dig this and I didnt see it posted anywhere so I figured I'd share. Peace!

EDIT: Some used sellers have it for $29.99 but not sure if the used will come with the DLC codes and all that jazz intact. I gladly paid the extra $6 for a new copy, but the $30 one may interest some.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kyrhon']Wish this applied to PS3 too. ):
Otherwise really good deal for this game![/QUOTE]

Ya sux no PS3 for this one. I am betting it will drop soon though.

[quote name='Fernando Rocker']Tempting... but I think I will wait until it hits $30.

Thanks anyway, OP![/QUOTE]

Wont bite because of $6; I am proud of your cheapassness! I couldnt wait anymore though!

[quote name='brewin']Looks like a good deal as the packaging looks sweet and is STEELBOOK![/QUOTE]Got it when it first came out. Loved the game, and love the collector's edition is really nice too. :)

Good deal. :)

I'm holding out too, though I borrowed it from a friend for Xbox 360, and love the game (like GTA IV, but more story driven and less open-ended).

$30 is a no-brainer, and I almost bit on this for $36.

Finally decided to buy one. Ive been looking at this in BB for the last 2 weeks at $39.99 with amazon credit and no tax decided to bite. Thanks

Tempting, but I've waited for a price drop for so long that I dont even care anymore. Ill pick up the regular edition for 10 bucks a year from now.

[quote name='VaultDweller']is this game fun?[/QUOTE]

Played the demo at least 3-4 times and loved it! Seems awesome, I cant wait to play this all the way through!

Guys,, the story and the gameplay is good. The only thing that will drive you crazy is all the driving you gotta do. I am having a blast with it right now.

[quote name='VaultDweller']is this game fun?[/QUOTE]

I really enjoyed it. I would recommend to anyone considering.

[quote name='brewin']Played the demo at least 3-4 times and loved it! Seems awesome, I cant wait to play this all the way through![/QUOTE]

The actual game is awesome. Ending leaves a ALOT to be desired though....I didn't get any feeling of an apex.

They shoulda just made the collectors edition have more playboy models... it would have sold like gang busters.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']The actual game is awesome. Ending leaves a ALOT to be desired though....I didn't get any feeling of an apex.[/QUOTE]

The apex is from the collectible magazines... heyoooo.... i'll be here all night.

[quote name='will296']Guys,, the story and the gameplay is good. The only thing that will drive you crazy is all the driving you gotta do. I am having a blast with it right now.[/QUOTE]

And I did not even mind the driving. The city was so detailed and lifelike, and usually the characters had some kind of dialog going while you were in the car, I did not mind driving "properly" and following the speed limits, signs, etc. Also I enjoyed listening to the radio.

But I do realize I am not in the majority, I also really enjoyed the sailing in Wind Waker.

Ruahrc

[quote name='Ruahrc']But I do realize I am not in the majority, I also really enjoyed the sailing in Wind Waker.[/QUOTE]

Holy fuck, I'm not alone. :shock:

Good deal but I think I'm gonna wait for the regular edition to drop to $20 or below. If this came with some of the bigger DLC packs I'd be in for sure. Thanks anyway OP.

Loved this game. So much more superior to that piece of crap known as GTA IV. The shooting and cover mechanics were well done. I only wish it wasn't so damn linear. The city is massive and could have benefited from even like 20-30 more side missions of sorts.

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']Loved this game. So much more superior to that piece of crap known as GTA IV. The shooting and cover mechanics were well done. I only wish it wasn't so damn linear. The city is massive and could have benefited from even like 20-30 more side missions of sorts.[/QUOTE]

Isn't that what they did with the DLC or am I mistaken?

[quote name='kidrocklive']Isn't that what they did with the DLC or am I mistaken?[/QUOTE]

I just bought the DLC recently but haven't had a chance to try it out so I don't know the answer to that yet. :bouncy:

At BB I saw it for 39.99 and thought about getting it but I already have the reg edition on backlog and its not worth the hassle to me. (figuring out what to do with the standard edition etc.)

It comes with a soundtrack; which the music I heard on youtube from the game was interesting but I wouldnt hear it more than a few times, if maybe that.

I dont care for art books and all that. I might browse through them while on the john but no big deal. :lol:

The DLC is what would've hooked me if it was like an extra quest/mission pack but the whole thing amounts to just clothes and two cars. meh.

Amazon dropped the price, not by much, but it's down to $35.12. I'm debating whether or not to wait for it to drop to $30.

[quote name='c3r1h5']Amazon dropped the price, not by much, but it's down to $35.12. I'm debating whether or not to wait for it to drop to $30.[/QUOTE]

I was going to post the same. I can see this dropping to $29.99, which is when I'll buy. Then again, my decision is an easy one due to the fact I've borrowed the game, and have started playing it. However, I'm the type of person who will buy something I enjoy playing even if I can complete the game without having to spend anything to do so.

It's probably why Gamefly doesn't seem that worthwhile to me. If I like a game, I want to be able to play that game 3 months, 6 months, or even years down the road whenever I want. Renting (or in this case borrowing) a game I like gives me instant gratification, but Mafia II has such a great story I could see myself wanting to play it numerous times in the future.

CE is a pretty good buy at this price. I bought it for $50 and am happy with my purchase. The art book and SteelBook are great. The soundtrack is also a nice bonus but I know everyone doesn't enjoy these as much as I do.

The game itself is great and wound up being in my top 5 of 2010. The driving isn't as monotonous as some have made it out to be. The dialogue and radio make it better, plus you can usually take detours and rob a few shops and steal some cars(to sell or just to collect) or whatever.

Any opinions on the two DLC packs while they're on sale? I understand Joe's Adventure is more story content, while Jimmy's Vendetta is all about free roaming action. Does the main game really lack any compelling reason to free roam? Does it feel incomplete without the DLC?

[quote name='bsmiff']Any opinions on the two DLC packs while they're on sale? I understand Joe's Adventure is more story content, while Jimmy's Vendetta is all about free roaming action. Does the main game really lack any compelling reason to free roam? Does it feel incomplete without the DLC?[/QUOTE]

I'm curious about this too. That will definitely factor into my decision whether to buy it now (even at $35.12) in order to take advantage of the 1/2 sale through XBLA.

From playing the game so far, Joey is my favorite character (even more so than Vito). I think it would be compelling to play as him and see the "side-story" played out (while Jimmy is incarcerated).

Screw it, I picked it up for $35.12. I was waiting for $30, but considering the price of the regular version is going up (it's more than the collector's) I would rather just get it now.

how long is the story? Is it like GTA4 long? Is it a sandbox style game? I played the original and didn't like it much but hear this one was a big improvement

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']how long is the story? Is it like GTA4 long? Is it a sandbox style game? I played the original and didn't like it much but hear this one was a big improvement[/QUOTE]

From what I've read 10-12 hours, and that mostly has to do with how story driven and linear the game is. In other words, you're not going to worry about doing the "optional" stuff. Instead your focus will be on advancing the plot and finishing the story/game.

It's this reason alone (and how good the story and characters are) that I'm enjoying this much more than I did GTA IV. In fact I played GTA IV, finished my "first date", and never picked the game up again. It just seemed like more of the same, yet unlike previous GTA games, I could care less about the protagonist (Niko Bellic in this one) and his story.

Got my package last night and started playing. WOW! This is a steal at the price! INSANE level of detail and this feels like what GTA4 should have been. Very clean and detailed graphics, super fluid gameplay and the driving is an absolute blast! I am loving it and VERY happy with the purchase. HIGHLY recommended at the price, which keeps going down a few more cents each day. For those true cheapasses, you could probably hold off a bit more, but you will be happy with it at the current price. DO NOT miss out on this one though, espeically if you are a fan of awesome games!

[quote name='LeonSKennedy']From what I've read 10-12 hours, and that mostly has to do with how story driven and linear the game is. In other words, you're not going to worry about doing the "optional" stuff. Instead your focus will be on advancing the plot and finishing the story/game.

It's this reason alone (and how good the story and characters are) that I'm enjoying this much more than I did GTA IV. In fact I played GTA IV, finished my "first date", and never picked the game up again. It just seemed like more of the same, yet unlike previous GTA games, I could care less about the protagonist (Niko Bellic in this one) and his story.[/QUOTE]

Im one of those people that absolutely loved GTA 4, but in hindsight there were alot of issues with the driving and overall physics and redundancy to the mission structure. I enjoyed the older GTA games and the Saints Row gameplay a lot more. This game seems to blend the best of both worlds though. All the realism with the right "feel" to the gameplay. Its a great value at the current price.

Had a blast with the demo, and want the Collector's Edition. The Collector in me says Jump, but the Backlog says wait for $30.

Dayum!

I should have bought Donkey Kong Country Returns instead of this game! Well... I hope the DKC deal is still alive by tomorrow.

bread's done
Back