Matrix 4 3D, Will Smith as Robin Hood in "Hood"

Amblix

CAGiversary!
Feedback
94 (98%)
Great article, haha.

Ain't it cool news

Hi guys,

Hope you're feeling better Harry, get well soon!

Long time reader, occasional news feeder. Writing from rainy old London, England. Surprised that no one has commented on this, lucky me I guess. Was lucky enough to attend a key note speech at the London school of performing Arts university and was honoured to be in the same room as Keanu Reeves who was the guest of honour. Keanu was here promoting his new movie Henry's Crime which is opening shortly.

keanu as always was his kind gentle self and spoke to the class for a good 45 mins about his big break in acting and his love for Shakespeare. the floor was then opened for Q&A and the following was note worthy;

- Says he's prepping a action movie around the world of the samurai and that it will be a hard "R" rated 3D action feast that will deliver some great martial art set pieces. he's into 2 months of a 6 month training programme.
- Spoke briefly about the possibility of Bill and Ted part 3 - ( Audience started laughing) but he assured us he's committed to the project.

this is where the fun begins. Some great info shared with us good people.....

- Says he met the Wachowski's (no emphasis on the word brothers), for lunch over Christmas and stated that they had completed work on a two picture script treatment that would see him return to the world of the matrix as Neo. Says the brothers have met with Jim Cameron to discuss the pro's and con's of 3D and are looking to deliver something which has never been seen again. keanu stated that he still has an obligation to the fans to deliver a movie worthy of the title "The Matrix" and he swears this time that the treatment will truly revolutionise the action genre like the first movie. Wachowski's are working on a movie called "Cloud Atlas" at the moment, once that concludes they will talk again.

- Keanu spoke about the need to encourage writers to continue to focus on working on new ideas and that a good script was worth its weight in gold. For example he said the Wachowski's had just sold the most expensive script in history to Warner Brothers. a modern futuristic take on the legend of "Robin Hood". Says he understands WB paid $5 million for the rights and that from what the wachowski's have told him, it will be an action movie that would have the same impact visually and technically that Terminator 2 had. Confirmed that Will Smith has agreed ti headline the picture.

that was pretty much it guys, have to give kudos to Mr Reeves. A true gentleman and an esquire.

can't wait for the above to come to fruition. If you use this please refer to me as "El-Nino".

Peace out gents.....

As one of the very, very few fans of all three Matrix movies, I'm pretty excited to return to the Matrix universe.

Yeah, I liked all the Matrix movies as well. The 2nd and 3rd were steps backwards from the first IMO, but still enjoyable.

I'd be up for more Matrix movies, though I'd go in with lowered expectations based on the last two. But as long as they're no worse than those, I'd still enjoy them.

id only watch a 4th matrix film if in that one they pretended the last 2 films never happened. why will smith why if youre hell bent on making shit films let your kids follow in your footsteps your sons already one shit film in give him time and he will catch up to you and maybe surpass you.

i hate when hollywood "blacks" up franchises or well known storylines im still in shock from that black honeymooners film never saw it but the concept alone was painful to imagine.

@lokizz:
So, am I misunderstanding, or are you making the argument that Jaden Smith, a 12-year-old, should play the Robin Hood character? What, is Will Smith too old at 42?

Also, I'm not gonna touch that second paragraph with a 10-foot-pole. Jesus.

So Will Smith will be doing a remake of 'Robin Hood', his son a remake of 'Karate Kid', and now rumors swirl of his daughter starring in a remake of 'Annie'. Just fucking stop!

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']@lokizz:
So, am I misunderstanding, or are you making the argument that Jaden Smith, a 12-year-old, should play the Robin Hood character? What, is Will Smith too old at 42?

Also, I'm not gonna touch that second paragraph with a 10-foot-pole. Jesus.[/QUOTE]

what im saying is instead of 2 smiths making shit movies just leave it to one and no i dont want his kid doing robin hood honestly robin hood has been done to fucking death didnt russle crowe do it just last year? if hollywood is so hell bent on doing a movie with an archer in green fighting for justice do Green Arrow already.

[quote name='PR Mega X'] and now rumors swirl of his daughter starring in a remake of 'Annie'. Just fucking stop![/QUOTE]

please tell me thats a joke.......please...........:wall:

The only news in that entire post that I gave two shits about was the possibility of a Bill and Ted 3. I'm sure it's a joke, but hey, I can dream.

I present to you the modern Annie.

willow-smith.jpg

A modern Robin Hood starring Will Smith? Suddenly that Russel Crowe movie seems awesome. Bill and Ted 3 is a horrible idea, Reeves and Winter are way too old.

I would love to see another Matrix film, but make it good. The first Matrix kicks ass, Reloaded had good action scenes, while the third one I can't even remember. Another Bill and Ted sounds... Interesting. As for Will Smiths daughter as Annie...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymKLymvwD2U

Not gonna work unless she shows actual talent.

^ That music video was disturbing :cold:

and yeah, I would watch a 4th Matrix film, but to be honest I can't remember the 3rd movie.

The 3rd Matrix film was basically closest to a Dragon Ball Z movie I can think of at the end. That and giant robot spider.

[quote name='lokizz']honestly robin hood has been done to fucking death didnt russle crowe do it just last year?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it was called Gladiator Part 2.

Will Smith's kids creep me the fuck out.

Figured there would be another Matrix. Can anyone spell t-o-n-s-o-f-m-o-n-e-y? It seems like whatever the Wachowski bros fart out now-a-days is gold...lol.

As far as a "futuristic robin hood" movie with Will Smith... That seems like his niche lately - futuristic movies of some kind (ex: iRobot, I Am Legend, Book of Eli). I guess I can handle another one...maybe...

Hopefully at least one of those movies will be good :p

BTW, that music video that FroMann posted is absolutely horrible... It made my dog get up and leave the room as well, so animals dont seem to like it either. :whistle2:/

Keanu spoke about the need to encourage writers to continue to focus on working on new ideas and that a good script was worth its weight in gold. For example he said the Wachowski's had just sold the most expensive script in history to Warner Brothers. a modern futuristic take on the legend of "Robin Hood"

Did he just say Hollywood needs new ideas and then in the same breath say the most expensive script ever is a modern Robin Hood?!?! Ow...my brain.

Hollywood has plenty of fresh new ideas...problem is they won't produce any of them. Why do you think there are so many indie flicks that are clever and original? Meanwhile HW keeps pumping out remakes, reboots, and animated movies about barnyard animals.

I like Keanu and while Matrix 2&3 were not as good as 1, I still enjoyed them. I'm curious about 4 but not sure how they will pull it off. Looking forward to it though.

[quote name='RedRingOfDeath']Figured there would be another Matrix. Can anyone spell t-o-n-s-o-f-m-o-n-e-y? It seems like whatever the Wachowski bros fart out now-a-days is gold...lol.

As far as a "futuristic robin hood" movie with Will Smith... That seems like his niche lately - futuristic movies of some kind (ex: iRobot, I Am Legend, Book of Eli). I guess I can handle another one...maybe...

BTW, that music video that FroMann posted is absolutely horrible... It made my dog get up and leave the room as well, so animals dont seem to like it either. :whistle2:/[/QUOTE]
That was Denzel Washington in Book of Eli.

[quote name='RedRingOfDeath']Figured there would be another Matrix. Can anyone spell t-o-n-s-o-f-m-o-n-e-y? It seems like whatever the Wachowski bros fart out now-a-days is gold...lol.

BTW, that music video that FroMann posted is absolutely horrible... It made my dog get up and leave the room as well, so animals dont seem to like it either. :whistle2:/[/QUOTE]

you mean the wachowski siblings . didnt one of them get a sex xhange?

I couldn't care less about the Matrix but more Wild Styllians I am down for regardless of their age. +1 for Bill and Ted.

So no shitty modern day Robin Hood, phew. Was n'tlooking forward to Robin saying "Ah hell naw" to the sheriff.

[quote name='whoknows']The Hood thing was pretty genius though with how believable it was.[/QUOTE]That's what's sad, it's totally believable.

[quote name='whoknows']That's pretty funny then. I laughed. The bill and ted 3 thing probably should have given it away.[/QUOTE]

Not entirely... both Reeves and Alex (Winters?, forget his last name) have both said on record they would be willing to do another Bill and Ted movie.

Yes, it's a hoax that Keanu Reeves did this talk at this school or whatever, but Hood is absolutely real. It's been reported on, from different source, before this whole Reeves hoax:
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=72212

Also, I like how people in this thread are bitching about "Robin Hood remakes," as though it's a fucking single movie that they keep remaking or something. Ugh. Robin Hood is a complex mythology, that no movie has even come close to directly adapting. It's a basic mythology that works good as a springboard for different adaptations. Movies have always worked this way. There are so many movies based on Shakespeare and Greek and other classical mythology, but transformed into something almost totally different, that you wouldn't even know are, if I didn't tell you, or you can't critically think about it. Like, does anyone actually think that The Godfather or Star Wars are original stories?

A good core story concept (say, "unlikely hero goes on a long journey, meets future allies, and confronts an enemy") can be made into a million good movies. If you want originality, that's fine, but not being 100% original, does not preclude being a decent movie. Do you guys also bitch about, like, how your so many local theater companies probably keep doing Macbeth over and over again, or something?

Now, of course, for all I know, this particular Hood movie will probably suck, so I'm not defending it in particular, but seriously, the kinds of people in here bitching about "originality" in movies probably have no place to be doing it.

I'd really like to know what kinds of movies you guys DO consider to be sufficiently "original," to exclude themselves from the Hollywood system you guys seem to be decrying. If anyone says anything by Christopher Nolan, I'll fuckin e-slap somebody.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Scorch']As one of the very, very few fans of all three Matrix movies, I'm pretty excited to return to the Matrix universe.[/QUOTE]

+1

--------------

I can't say I'm hating on "hood", sounds like it might be interesting. Bill & Ted 3...not sure about that, unless he was joking.

EDIT: #-o

Be excellent to each other, and party on dudes!

Even being a hoax, I would still say 2 out of these 3 movies, IS going to be made.

Just remember: "You can't change the penis. That's impossible. You have to realize that there is no penis, and you're changing your mind."

[quote name='lokizz']id only watch a 4th matrix film if in that one they pretended the last 2 films never happened. why will smith why if youre hell bent on making shit films let your kids follow in your footsteps your sons already one shit film in give him time and he will catch up to you and maybe surpass you.

i hate when hollywood "blacks" up franchises or well known storylines im still in shock from that black honeymooners film never saw it but the concept alone was painful to imagine.[/QUOTE]

What shit films has Will Smith made? Even if you don't personally like his films, calling them 'shit' is just lying. You have to recognize the fact that Will Smith is at least a decent actor, if not better.

^ I think he is a good actor, but he's been in shitty movies.

I don't care what anyone says, "I am Legend" was horrible, as was "Wild, Wild West."

I thought "Hancock" was also terrible, but that at least is debatable, as is "Independence Day" a movie a lot of people love, but it's so fucking corny.

Never saw "I, Robot" and I'll give his two sequels a pass cause they weren't great but they are sequels.

[quote name='DestroVega']^ I think he is a good actor, but he's been in shitty movies.

I don't care what anyone says, "I am Legend" was horrible, as was "Wild, Wild West."

I thought "Hancock" was also terrible, but that at least is debatable, as is "Independence Day" a movie a lot of people love, but it's so fucking corny.

Never saw "I, Robot" and I'll give his two sequels a pass cause they weren't great but they are sequels.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, yeah, but what about "Book of Eli"?

;)

[quote name='lokizz']id only watch a 4th matrix film if in that one they pretended the last 2 films never happened. why will smith why if youre hell bent on making shit films let your kids follow in your footsteps your sons already one shit film in give him time and he will catch up to you and maybe surpass you.

i hate when hollywood "blacks" up franchises or well known storylines im still in shock from that black honeymooners film never saw it but the concept alone was painful to imagine.[/QUOTE]

What "shit film" has his son been in? The only one you could really argue is Day the Earth Stood Still, but it wasn't that bad IMO

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Yes, it's a hoax that Keanu Reeves did this talk at this school or whatever, but Hood is absolutely real. It's been reported on, from different source, before this whole Reeves hoax:
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=72212

Also, I like how people in this thread are bitching about "Robin Hood remakes," as though it's a fucking single movie that they keep remaking or something. Ugh. Robin Hood is a complex mythology, that no movie has even come close to directly adapting. It's a basic mythology that works good as a springboard for different adaptations. Movies have always worked this way. There are so many movies based on Shakespeare and Greek and other classical mythology, but transformed into something almost totally different, that you wouldn't even know are, if I didn't tell you, or you can't critically think about it. Like, does anyone actually think that The Godfather or Star Wars are original stories?

A good core story concept (say, "unlikely hero goes on a long journey, meets future allies, and confronts an enemy") can be made into a million good movies. If you want originality, that's fine, but not being 100% original, does not preclude being a decent movie. Do you guys also bitch about, like, how your so many local theater companies probably keep doing Macbeth over and over again, or something?

Now, of course, for all I know, this particular Hood movie will probably suck, so I'm not defending it in particular, but seriously, the kinds of people in here bitching about "originality" in movies probably have no place to be doing it.

I'd really like to know what kinds of movies you guys DO consider to be sufficiently "original," to exclude themselves from the Hollywood system you guys seem to be decrying. If anyone says anything by Christopher Nolan, I'll fuckin e-slap somebody.[/QUOTE]Not an issue of originality for me, I just think it sounds like a horrible movie. The fact that Will Smith would be starring in it just makes me that much more sure it will suck. I actually really like the Robin Hood legend, this just seems like a really, really bad adaptation.

[quote name='whoknows']What "shit film" has his son been in? The only one you could really argue is Day the Earth Stood Still, but it wasn't that bad IMO[/QUOTE]

The Karate Kid was an abysmal piece of trash that should be collected and burned.

bread's done
Back