Okami Official Complete Works artbook (5 left in stock) - $26.39

damn that was quick. But i'm glad another CAG got one :)

If anyone else is interested then check out other sites like Borders. I think this book was just reprinted but in limited quantities.

Amazon has them listed again, they're showing out of stock for 2-4 weeks but if they ship out more copies like some people have said then there might be a chance to still get one.

Thanks for the thread! :D

Ordered one, thanks! I never finished the PS2 version of the game :whistle2:( Is there a PS3/Xbox version down the pipe? Or maybe a remastered version for the PS3?

[quote name='Serpentor']Ordered one, thanks! I never finished the PS2 version of the game :whistle2:( Is there a PS3/Xbox version down the pipe? Or maybe a remastered version for the PS3?[/QUOTE]
You've never heard of google? It's only for Wii fyi.

[quote name='Stele']You've never heard of google? It's only for Wii fyi.[/QUOTE]

Douchebag much? No need to be a dick and tell him to google it. With the PS3 now having the PS Move, it's possible they could do an HD release of the Wii version just like Visceral did with Dead Space extraction. Or hell, the PS2 versioncould just get an HD remake in general like many other PS2 titles are getting. I imagine behind, God of War, Ico/SOTC, and others Okami would be high up on the list of games deserving an HD re-release.

Edit: In fact, Capcom says it's a possibility:

“As far as a HD version goes, I understand why Okami fans would want such a graphic improvement over the original,” Eshiro told Siliconera. “I wouldn’t rule anything out. After this game comes out, if the response is good and people still want an HD Okami it will be something I definitely consider.

“For now, I hope Okami fans and fans who want Okami HD will try out Okamiden and enjoy it for what it is, a portable Okami experience. Then maybe later down the line we can talk about something HD.”

Oh sweet, thanks ssj, even though it's not a 100% thing, but it's music to my ears :lol: Seriously, I think Okami is better off in HD. The PS2 version is aged and the Wii version doesn't do it for me...

Just got an e-mail from Amazon:
Hello,

We have good news! We're able to get this part of your order to you faster than we originally promised:

Capcom "Okami Official Complete Works"
Previous estimated arrival date: February 17 2011 - February 28 2011
New estimated arrival date: January 31 2011 - February 04 2011

YEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSS!!!

Thanks for the heads-up OP and everyone else. I kept putting off getting this for far too long only to continually see it out of stock and any remaining copies sold at ridiculous speculator prices. Now it's mine, finally.

My old coworker showed it to me a few years ago and I was just floored at the sheer beauty of it. Now my only wish is to find one of the strategy guides. This is a freakin' long game and one where I don't want to miss anything.

I'd also love to see a PS Move version. I love the PS2 version, but the Wii version was, for me, tougher to control. I can't remember what it was, but there was something off about it. :(

Ugh, should I cancel and reorder or will it automatically get mine here sooner too? Haven't heard anything from Amazon.

Edit: Nevermind, I updating shipping speed and it changed the delivery date. yay.

Thanks Op, I kept forgetting about this and I would have regretted it if I missed out

Hm, I may have to pass then, I would've liked it to be a coffee table book, but I doubt it will hold up being a paperback. Thanks for the quick responses guys.

:lol: They even preserved the order of the pages (Asian books are opposite, i.e. the front is back and back is front :lol:). I actually prefer the same format (with translated text of course). I hate those "flipped" manga translations...

[quote name='SteveGo']So is this hardcover or no? I can't seem to find a straight answer and it may sway my decision to buy.[/QUOTE]

As the item title says on Amazon, it's a paperback.

I bought this book a while back. It is gorgeous. It's the nicest game art book I own, and I own several. Even if you aren't a fan of Okami, you'd probably enjoy it if you like Asian art/folklore.

And it's funny, too. There are very candid excerpts throughout. For example...

Evil Rao
It may have been the influence of certain Nikkatsu movie, but she was designed based on the "fact" that nuns are hot and quite lusty.

Benkei
The word "rod" on his loincloth was there before we established him as a fishing character...that's a little obscene.

Thanks! Been checking for availability everyday and was planning to post here when it did, but of course got beat to it :p

[quote name='ssjmichael']yeah, I think all Udon art books are paperback. I actually prefer that, makes it easier to flip through and such[/QUOTE]

Yup, AFAIK they are mostly paperback except for a few specified exceptions. I've seen some hardcover "limited" editions books which are really expensive. Expensive as in MSRP, not price-gouged expensive like Okami's book prior to this reprint.

I wish there were more hardcovers too but the majority are paperback. Out of all the art books I own for Japanese games only a few are hardcovers (Seiken Densetsu & FF series). Just have to take very good care of them. This one is definitely worth it regardless if you're a fan of the game and/or art. I've been wanting the English version for a while now.

[quote name='Serpentor']:lol: They even preserved the order of the pages (Asian books are opposite, i.e. the front is back and back is front :lol:). I actually prefer the same format (with translated text of course). I hate those "flipped" manga translations...[/QUOTE]

Ah the traits of a hipster (or weeaboo)

Bought it, one of my favorite games of all time. Hopefully it'll be re-released in HD, definitely a PS3 Move shoo-in.

If you haven't played it/finished it buy the Wii version. Awesome fukcing gmae.

I bought one a while ago... it's a really great artbook. I wish more companies release artbooks in the US. Most of the ones released so far are pretty crappy (Mega Man, Street Fighter, etc.).

Hopefully it'll be re-released in HD, definitely a PS3 Move shoo-in.
That would be cool, but I think the Wii version was already sorta that "second chance" we got on the game, I don't know if they'd be willing to roll the dice again. While I'm talking doom and gloom, I'm also a bit worried about Okami Den, with its March release it risks being overshadowed by the 3DS.

Kinda just bought this on an impulse, though I love the art in Okami. Luckily I have a whole month of waiting before I can regret my decision.

Thanks a bunch OP, Okami is tied for my favorite game of all-time (with Ico) and being that it's 288 pages, I had to get it.

Is the Wii version just a updated from the PS2 version or is it different in some way? Awesome looking book btw. I had to order one even though I never played any of the games.

[quote name='Vap']Is the Wii version just a updated from the PS2 version or is it different in some way? Awesome looking book btw. I had to order one even though I never played any of the games.[/QUOTE]

Wide screen, better color contrast on the Wii, and you can skip cutscenes. I'm not sure what else is different though, but I preferred the PS2 version for the controls.

[quote name='helmet']Wide screen, better color contrast on the Wii, and you can skip cutscenes. I'm not sure what else is different though, but I preferred the PS2 version for the controls.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the quick reply! Since I never played it on The PS2 I don't think the Wii controls should bother me to much.

[quote name='Vap']Is the Wii version just a updated from the PS2 version or is it different in some way? Awesome looking book btw. I had to order one even though I never played any of the games.[/QUOTE]

The dodge was pretty awful on the wii. Yes you COULD dodge, but goodluck doing it in the direction you wanted. Not entirely important as the game is pretty easy and dodging isn't as necessary as in say bayonetta. The paper filter overlayed onto the screen is also toned down a bit, to the game's detriment I would say and some would surely disagree, but it's a minor thing overall. Otherwise, it's pretty much just a widescreen enhanced port with pointer controls. A little harder to make accurate shapes and symbols at times, but WAYYYYYYYY faster when you get good.

Game is absolutely fantastic and so is the artbook. GET THE GAME TOO.

This book looks amazing. My 12 year old daughter loves anything japaneese related so I ordered this and can wait the 2-4 weeks

[quote name='Trance Addix']Mine has been shipping soon since yesterday, anyone's ship yet?[/QUOTE]
Same here.. The order is being prepared for shipment (cannot cancel), but no shipping confirmation yet. I won't worry about it though, it's definitely better than waiting 2-4 weeks :lol:

bread's done
Back