Any Simpsons DVD Set $13.99 plus VOD Credit (Expired)

Amazing deal! Finally I can pick up season 13 and be satisfied and stop there. To me, after season 13 nothing was worth it.

I was hoping the boxed edition of season 6 was included on this sale, but unfortunately it's not. Oh well, the Homer head isn't the worst thing ever.

Granted, it did get a little weaker after 12-13, but the worst season of the Simpsons is still better than Family Guy's best. In for all. Hopefully they'll finish up the seasons so I can have a full collection. I am picking up season 20 as well, though I don't understand why they released 20 before 14-19. Great price though.

PS - I've been watching the latest episodes of the Simpsons and I think they still have it. Newer episodes have been hilarious!

[quote name='tranceFusion']I stopped at 9.. are there still more that are worth it after that?[/QUOTE]

Many people, myself included, think the episodes really start to suffer in quality around the Al Jean era, which was around season 13. He became the Executive Producer there.

I really think they lost it after 13. Part of me still wants to support them from 14 on, but part of me says enough is enough. I have every box set except 12, 13, 20, and given that 20 is rated very terribly in both quality of the set and quality of the episodes, I'll likely pass on that.

I think some of the best seasons are the ones where Conan O'Brien was the Executive Producer. I don't find his late night shows funny, but his Simpsons are the best... plus anything with Ralph. I could go for an all-Ralph show.

And to answer an earlier question, Season 20 was sold "early" to coincide with the show's anniversary. More of a cash-in really, because it doesn't have many of the extras the regularly released seasons have. I'm hoping they re-release it in turn after Season 19 with the extras.

[quote name='tranceFusion']So is the only case available for season 6 the homer head? I have been wanting to replace mine with a regular box for a while.[/QUOTE]

There was a form that you could out online i think at Fox's website back then to request a box to replace the head. I don't know if its still available.

[quote name='twanky']There was a form that you could out online i think at Fox's website back then to request a box to replace the head. I don't know if its still available.[/QUOTE]

They discontinued it several years ago.

I just found the regular box version on the amazon site though.. it's still $30 though..
http://amzn.com/B0010KP34W

[quote name='tranceFusion']They discontinued it several years ago.

I just found the regular box version on the amazon site though.. it's still $30 though..
http://amzn.com/B0010KP34W[/QUOTE]

The normal non-head boxes were on sale for I think $12 during black friday, so that was the last time I've seen them on sale.

Hmm... to complete my FOX-Animated-DVD collection, I only need Simpsons 13, Futurama 5 and the Family Guy Star Wars trilogy (and King of the Hill, but since it appears FOX has no plans to release season 7-on, I have no plans to pick them up...). $13.99 is my sweet-spot, but I'd really like to have the free shipping... hmmm...

I think I'm missing Season 2 or 3...and then have all the way up through 9. I really should go to 13 and be done. Dunno if I have the money right now though.

[quote name='JPCERTIFIED']I just orderd seasons 12, 13, and 20 and some how there was a $10 promotion discount applied as well. $31.97 for all three[/QUOTE]

weird, I just tried it and no promotion :(

[quote name='ssjmichael']he likely had a promotion credit he didn't know about[/QUOTE]

odd part was I bought Underworld set and Red Blu ray yesterday and it didn't pop up in the promotion

Not the best deal but VOD credit is pretty nice. I was waiting for $10 a season but 14 isn't too bad with a free movie rental. I just bought season 7 (I've got 1-6). Thanks OP.

[quote name='Gamer4life88']Here's my $5 VOD Credit K6GD-RUULBG-WSZCYV. Don't plan on using it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I'll definitely use it!

I'm going to pick up S13, just need something to fill out my cart for free shipping. I have S1-12, but the reviews for S20 say that there aren't any extras, so I think I'm going to skip on that one.

I was going to stop at 12, but I guess for this price I'll grab 13. Now I'm really done, though.

This show sure gets terrrrrrible. Such a shame they didn't just stop around season 10/11.

There isnt one bad Simpsons season, Sure you may not like every episode but there will always be more good ones over bad ones.

I have all of them expect 20. I just cant get myself to jump on it when there is nothing extra on it.

Anyhow if any of you dont have 1-13 by now this is the best time to jump in.

Oh and the worst Simpsons episode is still better then the best Family guy episode.

[quote name='waltercartman']There isnt one bad Simpsons season, Sure you may not like every episode but there will always be more good ones over bad ones.

I have all of them expect 20. I just cant get myself to jump on it when there is nothing extra on it.

Oh and the worst Simpsons episode is still better then the best Family guy episode.[/QUOTE]

I disagree. Family Guy > Simpsons easily, but that's just my preference I guess. Rarely do I bust out laughing at the Simpsons, but I do so often with Family Guy.

Also, where are seasons 14-19? they just sell out or they never get released? Kinda weird that it jumped from 13 to 20...

[quote name='Darknuke']I disagree. Family Guy > Simpsons easily, but that's just my preference I guess. Rarely do I bust out laughing at the Simpsons, but I do so often with Family Guy.

Also, where are seasons 14-19? they just sell out or they never get released? Kinda weird that it jumped from 13 to 20...[/QUOTE]

14-19 haven't been released yet. They jumped up to 20 to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the show. It was also the first HD season, so it was the first to see Blu-Ray release.

[quote name='PR Mega X']14-19 haven't been released yet. They jumped up to 20 to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the show. It was also the first HD season, so it was the first to see Blu-Ray release.[/QUOTE]It went HD mid-season, so the first half of the season on BluRay isn't nearly as good as the second half. Just a FYI for those thinking about getting it on BD versus DVD.

BTW, I see people talking about the S6 head in here... mostly wanting the regular box instead. I have both and am keeping the box, so if somebody needs/wants the Homer head I would trade/sell it for cheap. Please PM if interested.

I'm really happy to see some positive comments on The Simpsons and the latest seasons. I thought I was the only person on the internet who still likes/loves the series.

I have all the season sets except Season 20 due to the lack of extras. However, does this promotion work if you buy the Blu Ray version of Season 20?

I just got mine in the mail today...

aaaand I have to swap it.

I took it out of the packaging and it looks like someone stepped on it, threw it face down, and rode it across a gravel road.

Does anyone else have this problem?

[quote name='waltercartman']
Oh and the worst Simpsons episode is still better then the best Family guy episode.[/QUOTE]

Preeeetty much. Family Guy was good it seasons 1-3, but when it was brought back on it just got old. Fast. It shows the quality of your show when every single episode is formulaic of, 'hey..remember the time I did this? (insert completely random clip, cuts to music)'

just got mine in, im returning the season 6 homer head and buying the box version for the extra $17, the head version sticks out like a sore thumb. I didnt think it would be that bad

[quote name='doodmandood']I just got mine in the mail today...

aaaand I have to swap it.

I took it out of the packaging and it looks like someone stepped on it, threw it face down, and rode it across a gravel road.

Does anyone else have this problem?[/QUOTE]

Mine arrived in excellent condition.

I still hate OnTrac though. fuckers keep leaving the packages at my door without knocking or anything.

[quote name='mr_bungle']Preeeetty much. Family Guy was good it seasons 1-3, but when it was brought back on it just got old. Fast. It shows the quality of your show when every single episode is formulaic of, 'hey..remember the time I did this? (insert completely random clip, cuts to music)'[/QUOTE]

Family Guy did way more of that in the earlier seasons than the new ones.

[quote name='dg7md']Family Guy did way more of that in the earlier seasons than the new ones.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, now it's "Cut to unrelated video for 4-5 minutes". "Hey, it's the chicken. Again. Let's fight!". "Hey, you workin' on that novel" "Wacky waving whatever"

fuck Family Guy. It was better before they revived the show.

I gotta agree it was way better before. At first I thought maybe my taste had changed, so I went back to watch all 3 of the old seasons, and they were just as good as I remember. I like to think the show was made worse on purpose, just to see what people will put up with.

I haven't been following it very closely anymore though, so I may be wrong.

[quote name='waltercartman']There isnt one bad Simpsons season, Sure you may not like every episode but there will always be more good ones over bad ones.

Matt Groening's least favorite episode is The Principal and The Pauper. I think most of the newer episodes are of that calibur.

bread's done
Back