Dead Space 2 (PS3 only, for now) $57.99 + $10 promo credit Amazon

I'll wait for another couple of days since the price is not that competitive.
Thanks for the heads up.

Uhhh I've never bought anything off amazon that includes promo credit, but I've seen people here email customer service if they think that they deserve it.. So I guess ill do that..

I saw a discussion about Electronic Arts on CNBC the other day, and apparently analysts specifically called out Dead Space 2 as tracking "below expectations" in pre-orders. That's too bad, as it's apparently a great game, but that also translates to a quick price drop.

The wording and cover art on the Amazon listing seem to indicate that its already switched to the 'standard' edition. In other words, I get the distinct impression that Extraction is no longer included in the PS3 version. So.... yeah, a $10 credit is the least they could do.

[quote name='giantqtipz']Uhhh I've never bought anything off amazon that includes promo credit, but I've seen people here email customer service if they think that they deserve it.. So I guess ill do that..[/QUOTE]

I've done it a couple times (including $20 credit for ac:brotherhood when it was $38 or so) and it worked for me on DS2 when I bugged them (with the $55 price-point).

[quote name='mkernan']The wording and cover art on the Amazon listing seem to indicate that its already switched to the 'standard' edition. In other words, I get the distinct impression that Extraction is no longer included in the PS3 version. So.... yeah, a $10 credit is the least they could do.[/QUOTE]

Amazon has always used the Standard Edition art, and never really mentioned whether it was Limited or not during the pre-order stage.

[quote name='mkernan']The wording and cover art on the Amazon listing seem to indicate that its already switched to the 'standard' edition. In other words, I get the distinct impression that Extraction is no longer included in the PS3 version. So.... yeah, a $10 credit is the least they could do.[/QUOTE]

Really good observation! Buyer beware.

Extraction is 14.99 on the PSN I believe. I would be surprised if the 'limited' edition is already done with, but you should probably check with Amazon, if you can find someone who understands. I think they should have done the promo credit first though, because most people probably already purchased the game somewhere else.

[quote name='coolz481']I saw a discussion about Electronic Arts on CNBC the other day, and apparently analysts specifically called out Dead Space 2 as tracking "below expectations" in pre-orders. That's too bad, as it's apparently a great game, but that also translates to a quick price drop.[/QUOTE]

AMAZING game - every single aspect that wasn't top notch from the first has been improved/refined. One thing that many will appreciate is the ability to respec power nodes for 5000. Great game.

CE is crappy, but everyone should really buy this game.

Also, I will be first to say that I thought MP was stupid, but it's actually a lot of FUN. And on the plus side, there are no MP achievements (thanks Visceral!).

I bet this is still the LE. EA says its only a limited run but its probably like every other EA Limited Edition. I don't think I've ever saw a copy of Medal of Honor, Need for Speed HP, or Bad Company 2 that wasnt a LE.

[quote name='Amblix']Amazon has always used the Standard Edition art, and never really mentioned whether it was Limited or not during the pre-order stage.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm really not sure because I don't remember what it looked like before or how the description read, but something to think about.

The game is awesome, btw.

[quote name='DirkDiggler']Extraction is 14.99 on the PSN I believe. I would be surprised if the 'limited' edition is already done with, but you should probably check with Amazon, if you can find someone who understands. I think they should have done the promo credit first though, because most people probably already purchased the game somewhere else.[/QUOTE]

is the ds2 with extraction really going to be a limited run? all the dante's infernos i've seen for ps3 have been divine editions.

Anybody know if this is for the Limited Edition? I'm not gonna settle for the Standard Edition, I want extraction

[quote name='Ionotropic']Really good observation! Buyer beware.[/QUOTE]

It's a horrible observation. It's still the LE, Amazon never mentioned it was Limited. They're not going to sell out of the LE that fast.

[quote name='Amblix']Gamestop already dropped it used to $43 on launch week, I'm expecting a fast drop.[/QUOTE]

They drop EA games lower due to the online pass.

[quote name='mywhitenoise']It's a horrible observation. It's still the LE, Amazon never mentioned it was Limited. They're not going to sell out of the LE that fast.[/QUOTE]

Hey calm down buddy. The page says "standard edition". The "limited edition" includes Extraction. That's a pretty sound observation. I'm not saying that it no longer includes Extraction, I'm simply saying that its unclear. If its always been listed this way, then my mistake.... I don't have a photographic memory.

[quote name='mkernan']Hey calm down buddy. The page says "standard edition". The "limited edition" includes Extraction. That's a pretty sound observation. I'm not saying that it no longer includes Extraction, I'm simply saying that its unclear. If its always been listed this way, then my mistake.... I don't have a photographic memory.[/QUOTE]

No, I know, I was just messing around. It is good of you to observe. I just said it was horrible because the other guy spread paranoia by saying "buyer beware", when it's clear that their initial shipments haven't sold out yet, it'll take at least a month until those are cleared out.

Yeah, not "buyer beware". More like.... there's a 2% chance it won't have Extraction. I see no reason to believe it wouldn't include it, but I also don't see anything on the page that indicates that it does.

But anyway, buy it! Its great!

The only thing I'm bummed about is that I have to install Extraction to the hard drive (like 3.5 GB) and still have to have the DS2 disc in the drive to play it. I completely understand, from an anti-piracy perspective, but its still frustrating when its the same thing as the PSN version, except I have to put in a disc.

[quote name='mkernan']Yeah, not "buyer beware". More like.... there's a 2% chance it won't have Extraction. I see no reason to believe it wouldn't include it, but I also don't see anything on the page that indicates that it does.

The only thing I'm bummed about is that I have to install Extraction to the hard drive (like 3.5 GB) and still have to have the DS2 disc in the drive to play it. I completely understand, from an anti-piracy perspective, but its still frustrating when its the same thing as the PSN version, except I have to put in a disc.[/QUOTE]

I was wondering why it was labeled as (Disc), I haven't played it yet. That's pretty lame, what's the point of the big install that took 10 minutes then?

[quote name='mywhitenoise']I was wondering why it was labeled as (Disc), I haven't played it yet. That's pretty lame, what's the point of the big install that took 10 minutes then?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, exactly. I mean, I get it... because its a freebie for launch buyers. If you didn't need the disc, then people could keep Extraction when they trade it in or even keep it if they just rented it. The people who get it from PSN actually paid for Extraction itself.

So, like I said, I "get it" in terms of anti-piracy and EA's desire to curb used game sales, its just frustrating. If they're going to require the disc be in, I would have preferred that it run completely off the disc so I don't waste the space. But I'm not going to get that bent out of shape.... it was a free add-on anyway (more or less).

[quote name='mkernan']Yeah, exactly. I mean, I get it... because its a freebie for launch buyers. If you didn't need the disc, then people could keep Extraction when they trade it in or even keep it if they just rented it. The people who get it from PSN actually paid for Extraction itself.

So, like I said, I "get it" in terms of anti-piracy and EA's desire to curb used game sales, its just frustrating. If they're going to require the disc be in, I would have preferred that it run completely off the disc so I don't waste the space. But I'm not going to get that bent out of shape.... it was a free add-on anyway (more or less).[/QUOTE]

They should have included the PSN version with the online access voucher.
So dumb that you need to pay for online access.

[quote name='dohdough']This blows. I got it the other day for $54.96. :([/QUOTE]

Ask customer service to see if you qualify for credit. I asked and got it (I paid ~$55 too).

[quote name='QuickKill']Ask customer service to see if you qualify for credit. I asked and got it (I paid ~$55 too).[/QUOTE]
Nice...will do that tonight.

really wish they would have done this before the game came out since i had it pre-ordered i e-mailed amazon to see if i can get the credit hopefully they give it to me

was thinking this would be limited run for extration on disc but didn't know you have to install extraction AND run it off the disc. now i think i will just wait till dead space 2 tanks in value and buy extraction off psn (or xbox live if EA releases it there, you never know they released mass effect 2 on ps3). it's not like i'll be playing deadspace 2 anytime soon. i haven't even played the original yet.

[quote name='triforcer']is extraction played with the move controller only?[/QUOTE]

No. As far as I know, you can use your normal controller.

I got the $10 promo credit applied retroactively. Amazon CS is the best. Just emailed them and I got it within an hour.

It applied to my regular non-preorder though FWIW.

[quote name='mkernan']Yeah, not "buyer beware". More like.... there's a 2% chance it won't have Extraction. I see no reason to believe it wouldn't include it, but I also don't see anything on the page that indicates that it does.

The only thing I'm bummed about is that I have to install Extraction to the hard drive (like 3.5 GB) and still have to have the DS2 disc in the drive to play it. I completely understand, from an anti-piracy perspective, but its still frustrating when its the same thing as the PSN version, except I have to put in a disc.[/QUOTE]

i think that amazon make emphasis in STANDARD edition because they don't want the people who preordered or ordered the collector edition to come crying for the credit... like with MvC3 and LBP2.

so it likely is going to be the ps3 limited edition.

[quote name='jjjbadboy32']My copy is coming today. I am sure other peoples' copies are too. The speculation will soon be over![/QUOTE]

Let us know. I'll order it today if it's not some standard edition.

Went ahead and ordered it. Not sure it'll go on sale, and I don't want to take the chance on completely missing the limited edition. I'm just assuming there's no way they're out of it at this point.

[quote name='megal0maniak']I got my copy from amazon today and it's the Limited Edition version that includes "Extraction" on disc.[/QUOTE]

Same here. It is the Limited Edition. :)

[quote name='VaultDweller']this game will be $20 in 6 months[/QUOTE]
That can be said for 90% of all games. Only ones that dont drop quick are 1st party exclusives and CoD games.

The preorder was the limited edition, I got mine from amazon. It wasnt a bad deal, 56$ for DS2, extraction and ignition. I am glad I jumped in right away and didn't wait for the 10$ off. Beware when you are talking used prices if you want to play online, it has an online pass code, so you will have to pay extra or not be able to do it.

I am sure the price will drop soon, while you wait, just think of those of us who are enjoying the game now :).

bread's done
Back