EU/UK CE&Exclusives Thread - DI:Riptide Zombie Bait, DW7:Empires, MGS Rising CE Added

ZxT Vendetta

CAGiversary!
Feedback
339 (100%)
*This thread was originally for the S/E PSP LE's but due to a good amount of CAGs asking this to be an EU/UK LE thread I have decided to change it to that. We will try and post the cheapest price for these among all the UK sites that ship to the US. :D

*This thread has been transformed now to a thread for both CE's as well as games that are exclusive over in the UK/EU. :)

FAQ
[customspoiler=FAQs]

PS3 games are region free. Sometimes Xbox 360 games are but that varies from case to case. Regardless I will list the 360 version as well in case people would rather have a 360 copy to display. PSP games are region free as well.

Some Info:
  • All the retailers listed ship to the US. GAME & Gamestation must have changed policy because they used to not ship overseas.
  • Zavvi & thehut both have paypal as an option to pay but a few CAGs are reporting some difficutly. For the time being might be best to order with a Credit Card or Debit Card.
  • I have personally ordered from Zavvi and they were prompt in shipping and I had minimal to no damage on my items.
  • Keep in mind the exchange rate fluctuates so prices will skew up and down.
  • If I miss anything feel free to post in the thread and I will add it to the OP.
  • Zavvi now offers free shipping on items to the US.
[/customspoiler]

UK Retailers (That ship overseas):
*Beware the dreaded Mailer! ;)
[customspoiler=Devil Mailer]
2v35839.png
[/customspoiler]

The Hut - Zavvi's Sister Site
Zavvi - Free Shipping!
game.co.uk/gamestation.co.uk - These are the same now
hmv.com - Currently down due to administrative issues. Cannot order.
shopto.net - A lot of my friends order from here in the UK. Apparently they ship really quickly too.
amazon.co.uk - At least last I read, they seem to ship PS3 games but not 360. Unless they changed that. I can't seem to find anything regarding it by clicking their help.
play.com - They ship internationally and seem to get a good share of exclusives

EU Places That Ship Overseas:
amazon.fr
amazon.de

Current Promo Codes (mostly Zavvi & The Hut):

None

Updates

Older Items here(I am going to edit this depending on availability):
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8109644&postcount=5

Fist of The North Star Ken's Rage 2 CE (Exclusive To France & Italy)

Release Date: 2/8/13
Contents

• Visual Storybook
  • Game Soundtrack
  • Character Stickers
  • USB of Kenshiro (4GB)
  • Postcard Calendar
[customspoiler=Contents]
north_star_ce_thumb.jpg

[/customspoiler]
:ps3:/:360:
amazon.fr - €99.99

Metal Gear Solid Rising: Revengeance CE (Zavvi Exclusive)
Release Date: 2/22/13
Contents:

• Only 25,000 Made
  • Raiden Play-Arts Kai Figure
  • Steelbook
  • DLC Code for White Armor Skin, Cyborg Skin
[customspoiler=Contents]
MGR_Limited_UK_Cover_02.jpg
MGR_Limited_UK_WhiteRaiden_05.jpg

[/customspoiler]
zavvi - £99.99

Metal Gear Solid Rising Revengeance Steelbook (GAME Exclusive)
Contents

• Exclusive Steelbook by Yoji Shinkawa
[customspoiler=Steelbook]
MGR-PS3-Steelbook-SHINKAWA-01-556x431.jpg
[/customspoiler]
amazon.de - €14.99

Dynasty Warriors 7: Empires

*Going to be digital release in the US. This is for those that want a physical copy. No disc in US is likely due to no English voice.
[customspoiler=Box Art]
DW7E_EU_Cover.jpg

[/customspoiler]
:ps3:
play.com - £39.99
shoto.net - £29.86
thehut - £34.95
zavvi - £34.95
game.co.uk - £39.99
amazon.uk - £39.99

Injustice: Gods Among Us CE

Release Date: 4/5/13
Contents:

• Exclusive Steelbook
  • Wonder Woman/Batman Figure (Way better than the US Version)
  • 2 Brand New Issues of DC Comics
  • DLC (Three exclusive skins based on Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman from DC COMICS – THE NEW 52)
[customspoiler=Contents]
collectors_edition.jpg

[/customspoiler]
Nowhere to be found in the UK. Found it on amazon.fr and amazon.de
amazon.fr 360 PS3- €99.90
amazon.de - €94.99

Dead Island Riptide Zombie Bait Edition

Release Date: TBD
Contents:

• Steelbook
  • Collector's Artwork
  • 12 inch Bikini Clad Torso Figure
  • Weapon DLC
[customspoiler=Contents]
dead-island-riptide-zombie-bait-edition-is-gross-and-alarming.jpg

[/customspoiler]
:360: This appears to be 360 only ATM
game.co.uk - £89.99
zavvi - £84.95
thehut - £84.95

Dead Island: Riptide (GAME Exclusive Edition)
*Only listing this because so far there is no mention of one in the US, if there is I will remove this.
Release Date: TBD

Contents:

• Exclusive Cover :roll:
  • DLC I am guessing like the SE for the 1st?
[customspoiler=Cover Art]
253532_xbx_b.png

[/customspoiler]
:360:/:ps3:/:pc:
game.com - £39.99

Last edited by a moderator:
That Tactics Ogre set looks amazing! It's much better than the Tarot deck pre-order we have here. Might have to import this...

They probably deserve after getting gypped out of many games in the past. Also sometimes they have to wait a LOT longer to get games than Americans.

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']Also the hut.com (which also does US shipping has the same price). I listed zavvi because they have always been prompt and their shipping charges overseas are not bad.[/QUOTE]

zavvi is 100% a clone of thehut (it's owned by thehut and the only differences are seriously the names and color schemes), so it really doesn't matter which site you order from ;) I use zavvi just because they're the site I've always used to look at UK import prices, but I'm guessing either is fine.

And yeah, their shipping charges are excellent for overseas buyers. It converts to around a flat $4 per item or so, and at the pre-order prices on these three LEs it came out to around 81 pounds, which is $130 if the exchange rate remains about what it is. Definitely have my pre-orders in for all three.

Wait, didn't some people complain about their condition of Demon's Souls - Black Demon edition? As I recall some of them were pretty squished upon arrival. Is there any way to make Zavvi ship in a sturdy cardboard box?

I only bought from Zavvi once, but I can vouch for their prices and shipping. I purchased Demon's Souls and it came well packaged. Now I'm tempted by this.

[quote name='punkmaggit']Wait, didn't some people complain about their condition of Demon's Souls - Black Demon edition? As I recall some of them were pretty squished upon arrival. Is there any way to make Zavvi ship in a sturdy cardboard box?[/QUOTE]

They basically shipped them in a flimsier version of those "boxes" Amazon uses where it's just a piece of cardboard wrapped around the item.

Mine was surprisingly OK but I'm not sure what they would have done if it was in bad shape.

Man, the LE for Tactics Ogre at roughly the same price as the US release is damn tempting. And I'm a huge Parasite Eve fan...

[quote name='punkmaggit']Wait, didn't some people complain about their condition of Demon's Souls - Black Demon edition? As I recall some of them were pretty squished upon arrival. Is there any way to make Zavvi ship in a sturdy cardboard box?[/QUOTE]

I didn't order Demon's Souls from them but my KH: BBS LE & FFXIII LE's both came in great condition. There was a very small cut on BBS but that might have not been seen when they packed it. I suspect it was when they got them in and opened the box.

EDIT: Added Lord of Arcana to the OP as well. Forgot about it. :razz:

[quote name='Amblix']Here is the amazon.co.uk listing, more expensive, and they don't have Tactics Ogre. They have some art work though.

Artbook heaven this is.

Lord of Arcana - Slayer Edition - £24.91

Dissidia 012 - Legacy Edition - £29.99

3rd Birthday - Twisted Edition - £27.47[/QUOTE]

I think that it's likely that Lord of Arcana is going to move so few units that the LE will go on deep discount before it goes out of stock. Hence we can probably forget about that one for a while ;) (though I love that red PSP case. Why don't they do this with EVERY game?)

Regarding zavvi problems, I don't know anything about problems with Demon's Souls or any other game but let me give a word of advice to people ordering. Even though they offer international shipping, their site is poorly designed and won't let you complete your order unless you enter a UK postal code no matter what country you're from.

You pretty much have to get around this by entering any kind of text into the little box for entering your postal code as it doesn't verify that it's a valid postal code. I just entered "USA" in that box on all of my orders and they went through just fine.

I was thinking about getting the LE of Tactics Orge, but then I remembered that there's going to be DLC for it and I really don't feel like going through the hassle of setting up an EU PSN account and all that just to get it.

I already have Dissidia and 3rd Birthday for free from Amazon with credit. Tempted to sell them when they get here and get these =D

[quote name='newtype06']Do they charge you immediately when pre ordering using PayPal?[/QUOTE]

Yes because Paypal can't hold funds. So if you use PP they will charge you when you order.

So is there any chance that Lord Of Arcana and Ogre Battle will stay in stock and go down in price, or should I just bite?

That Tactics Ogre LE is tempting... not sure if I should jump on it now or wait for a price drop. It seems like LEs in Europe are always always limited.

[quote name='Zaku77']So is there any chance that Lord Of Arcana and Ogre Battle will stay in stock and go down in price, or should I just bite?[/QUOTE]

I think it's more likely for Lord of Arcana. The other three games already have existing fanbases, and on top of that there's just no online coverage or hype or advertisement or anything for Arcana. It's a dark fantasy Monster Hunter clone and just not something people are going to be in a rush to buy with DQVI, Tactics Ogre, Neptunia, and others coming in a few weeks. I'm gambling on this one and hoping I can get it for the equivalent of $20 or so, just because I love PSP LEs.

What sucks is only digital PSP purchases from PSN will work with the NGH when it comes out next year, and if you get those, you miss out on all the extras that come with the UMD versions.

Oh well. I'm a game collector and will only by a digital copy if there isn't physical. I do wish the NGP was fully backwards compatible though. Maybe they'll release a little like plug in UMD drive? That would be awesomesauce.

[quote name='Zaku77']Oh well. I'm a game collector and will only by a digital copy if there isn't physical. I do wish the NGP was fully backwards compatible though. Maybe they'll release a little like plug in UMD drive? That would be awesomesauce.[/QUOTE]
That would be awesome but I think the days of Sony catering to owners of previous hardware is over. It began with them removing PS2 BC from PS3s, continued with the PSPGo not being able to play UMDs and will continue with the NGP still not playing UMDs. It is the sad reality...

The thing I hate about that is that my PSP will eventually wear out, and it's the only way to play my PSP library. I feel like I need to buy an extra to keep on hand. At least with Nintendo handhelds you get backwards compatibility for quite a few systems so it's not such a big deal.

I had no idea I was already registered on this side until I tried to sign up for one to show appreciation to OP. I was greatly dismayed that US doesn't get a limited edition of Tactics Ogre and looked around on web like crazy to see where I could get one. Amazon apparently has it at amazon.co.uk, but if I recall correctly, the whole order came out to be roughly $55 USD which made me hesitate and didn't complete the order immediately.

Thanks OP for sharing this. I'm certainly grabbing one. Now if I may ask a very silly, even a rhetorical question...

Can anyone tell me if the contents (in-game content and art book) be in English? That was one of my concerns when deciding whether or not to get this... I've never bought an UK import of the game before and the Amazon.co.uk site was full of German (which somehow made me think the games will be in German), so forgive me for my stupidity.

Thanks again OP for sharing and anyone that can answer my question!

[quote name='azndarkjack']I had no idea I was already registered on this side until I tried to sign up for one to show appreciation to OP. I was greatly dismayed that US doesn't get a limited edition of Tactics Ogre and looked around on web like crazy to see where I could get one. Amazon apparently has it at amazon.co.uk, but if I recall correctly, the whole order came out to be roughly $55 USD which made me hesitate and didn't complete the order immediately.

Thanks OP for sharing this. I'm certainly grabbing one. Now if I may ask a very silly, even a rhetorical question...

Can anyone tell me if the contents (in-game content and art book) be in English? That was one of my concerns when deciding whether or not to get this... I've never bought an UK import of the game before and the Amazon.co.uk site was full of German (which somehow made me think the games will be in German), so forgive me for my stupidity.

Thanks again OP for sharing and anyone that can answer my question![/QUOTE]
it's in english : )

[quote name='Kay_Faraday']it's in english : )[/QUOTE]

Thanks for answering! By the way, for anyone that wants to compare the UK LE of Tactics Ogre with the JP one which you buy from Square-Enix's store, I found a blog of a person unboxing itin Traditional Chinese.

http://h251079.wordpress.com/2011/01/01/敗家-『皇家騎士團-命運之輪-se-限定版-』/

(Part of the address's URL is in Traditional Chinese as well hence all these crazy numbers...)

It's certainly a lot fancier, but also at a much higher cost. (I think it's like $100 USD or something...)

To the OP: thanks for bringing this website to my attention. I was going to go with HMV.com for the games, but I like this website better, plus it's cheaper. Question though. I know you said they will not charge until they ship like Amazon. Do they initiate a pre-authorization charge with your bank anyway?

[quote name='Animekatt']To the OP: thanks for bringing this website to my attention. I was going to go with HMV.com for the games, but I like this website better, plus it's cheaper. Question though. I know you said they will not charge until they ship like Amazon. Do they initiate a pre-authorization charge with your bank anyway?[/QUOTE]

I think I can answer your question. I JUST placed an order of Tactics Ogre LE and on my online banking site, I'm seeing 2 charges, $1.00 each from ZAVVI.COM DOM. So I think yes.

[quote name='azndarkjack']I think I can answer your question. I JUST placed an order of Tactics Ogre LE and on my online banking site, I'm seeing 2 charges, $1.00 each from ZAVVI.COM DOM. So I think yes.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the quick response :). I will go ahead and preorder Tactics and Dissidia!

argh i really want that tactics but with so many good american rpgs coming out i just dont have the funds. if anyone wants to split the thing up i just really want the soundtrack.

So, with Tactics Ogre, it's either the soundtrack (UK) or the tarot deck (US amazon pre order)? I like both but I'd lean toward the amazon one. I can't help that I was a fan of the Deck of Many Things....

Decisions, decisions.

[quote name='chicagoz']So, with Tactics Ogre, it's either the soundtrack (UK) or the tarot deck (US amazon pre order)? I like both but I'd lean toward the amazon one. I can't help that I was a fan of the Deck of Many Things....

Decisions, decisions.[/QUOTE]

Artbook (and fancy outer box) for the UK version, as well, unless I'm overlooking something.

Love the Deck of Many Things.

[quote name='chicagoz']So, with Tactics Ogre, it's either the soundtrack (UK) or the tarot deck (US amazon pre order)? I like both but I'd lean toward the amazon one. I can't help that I was a fan of the Deck of Many Things....

Decisions, decisions.[/QUOTE]

If you're interested in the tarot cards for the art and don't plan on using them for actual fortune telling stuff, I'm guessing that you'll see all those pieces of art in the art book from the UK version and then some, so you wouldn't be faced with a choice of the OST or the imagery from the cards.

If it's the actual tarot part that interests you, then I guess it is decisions, decisions after all. Don't know a thing about that ;)

i'm prob. gonna buy 3 out of these 4 games... any body wanna help me out with ordering? I don't use credit cards, but I have paypal/ca$h! :D

They take paypal, you're in luck! But it seems that will charge you immediately, instead of when it ships. If you're fine with that, you're sorted!

I bit on 3rd Birthday and Dissidia. I'll just sell mine when they get here from Amazon. I'll wait on Lord of Arcana though. Hoping that goes dooown in price.

So my willpower is nothing. Pre-ordered everything except for Dissidia 012.

Now what to do about my Amazon pre-order? I really want those Tarot cards....

BTW, awesome thread ZxT! Keep doing this for future LE releases in the UK!! I know I'll be picking up some more!

[quote name='punkmaggit']So my willpower is nothing. Pre-ordered everything except for Dissidia 012.

Now what to do about my Amazon pre-order? I really want those Tarot cards....

BTW, awesome thread ZxT! Keep doing this for future LE releases in the UK!! I know I'll be picking up some more![/QUOTE]

Heh no problem dude. I think I might keep it up for the LE's in the UK to be honest.

Also speaking of the Tarot cards... I am contemplating a double dip on Tactics Ogre. But the release date is so damn packed already... :cry:

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']Heh no problem dude. I think I might keep it up for the LE's in the UK to be honest.[/QUOTE]

This would be awesome. I didn't even know these existed until you made this thread.

I bit on Tactics Ogre and am waiting to see more about Dissidia.

bread's done
Back