EA Sports Active 2 (All platforms) or NFL Training Camp (Wii) - $39.99 at GS

I feel like an idiot getting the 360 version at launch. This must have bombed hard.

I found it to be a real work out, but it had serious problems tracking with "on the floor" exercises. So much so that it totally wrecked the flow of your session. You would have to stop to get Kinect to re-recoognize you, then find away to "game" things so that it would acknowledge you doing the movement they wanted you to do. It was enough to turn me off to the entire thing honestly.

Doesn't sound like much, but the routines are designed to have you work your way to a peak of calorie burn, then work your way down. So any stop like I described totally screws up the flow. Maybe if they could patch it so that an option to not include those exercises things would be better.

I recall reading that a patch is coming in Feb, but one might have been released already, not sure. It's supposed to drastically improve the 360 version though

[quote name='prayformojo']Didn't this get patched to improve kinect functionality or am I making that up?[/QUOTE]

I know that it was patched to fix the problems the Kinect version was having with exporting to the EA site. I used it again with after the patch and it did seem to not be as picky about movements when standing, but the on-the-floor stuff is still increibly bad.

If ssjmichael is right, then maybe there is another one coming to fix the other issues. It is obvious to me it was rushed to make the Kinect launch even with glaring problems.

[quote name='LiquidCrew']I think I'm going to wait for this to get a little cheaper the way it's been dropping lately.[/QUOTE]
Thats what I'm going to do also, I know I have said before I will buy it once it hit $40, but with all the recent sales I'm sure it'll be $20-$30 eventually

[quote name='dubbfoolio']Is there multiplayer? I can't decide between kinect and move... I only have one move controller though.[/QUOTE]

The PS3 version doesn't require PS Move, it just uses the sensors included with the game. I'm not sure if it has multiplayer, but you'd need another set of sensors to do that (which aren't sold separately as far as I know). I know the NFL Training camp has MP as I saw that in the trailer for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dubbfoolio']Is there multiplayer? I can't decide between kinect and move... I only have one move controller though.[/QUOTE]

The PS3 version doesn't use Move...

[quote name='ssjmichael']I recall reading that a patch is coming in Feb, but one might have been released already, not sure. It's supposed to drastically improve the 360 version though[/QUOTE]

I played it yesterday, and still no patch. A patch is supposed to come out, but in Feb as you stated.

I personally like the Kinect version simply cause I don't feel I can cheat as easily, and even though I wouldn't cheat, the idea is to get it right. The PS3 version has more exercises though. I also want the NFL Training Camp one, but I haven't turned on my Wii since DKC came out.

[quote name='ssjmichael']I recall reading that a patch is coming in Feb, but one might have been released already, not sure. It's supposed to drastically improve the 360 version though[/QUOTE]

That's what people are hoping will happen -- but it hasn't happened yet. I sold mine fast and got my money back around Christmas time. If they actually DO fix it, I'd be willing to take a chance now that the price has dropped, but I would stay far away from the 360 version until it's verified that the fix is out and actually works.

[quote name='huntt26']Crap, NFL training camp is already unavailable.. how many did they have... 4?[/QUOTE]

Actually, it has been out of stock on-line since before the price drop. Typical Gamestop to make it an on-line only price and then not even have any in stock at the very start of the sale.

Fortunately, when I picked up games at last week's Best Buy B2G1F deal, EA Sports Active 2 was one of the paid games. I was able to price-match this sale and get $20-ish back.

[quote name='prayformojo']Didn't this get patched to improve kinect functionality or am I making that up?[/QUOTE]

I have it; it still hasn't been patched yet. It's a bit glitchy when you are doing any excercises on the floor. Wish they would hurry up and patch it already.

bread's done
Back