PS3 error 80010514 soon after downloading/installing fw 3.56, look here...

http://www.ps3blog.co.za/2008/04/10/ps3-error-80010514-explained/

Thankfully the folks on the site listed above said this error is likely due to a bad sector on the HDD and/or bad installation of software/firmware and NOT from a hardware failure.

So if any of you get this error after installing firmware 3.56, try running the restore file system option from the PS3's safe mode menu before thinking you have to replace your Blu-Ray drive and/or your entire PS3.

You can find out how to get into the PS3's safe mode menu either in the above article or THIS one.

thanks for reminding me of the safe mode menu. I've been having different issues trying to sign in period since the update. I'll blame it on the update until I diagnose my wireless setup

I tried to do the update during twilight hours when they first put it up and it wouldn't finish. I just said fuck it. I'm tired of sony and their updates that don't do SHIT. Haven't been on PSN in over a week. Just been rockin valkyria chronicles after having it for 2 years. Pretty nice game.

[quote name='mr_burnzz']I tried to do the update during twilight hours when they first put it up and it wouldn't finish. I just said fuck it. I'm tired of sony and their updates that don't do SHIT. Haven't been on PSN in over a week. Just been rockin valkyria chronicles after having it for 2 years. Pretty nice game.[/QUOTE]

That game loads so freaking slow. No idea why people are willing to put up with it.

[quote name='camoor']That game loads so freaking slow. No idea why people are willing to put up with it.[/QUOTE]

Valkyria Chronicles doesn't load slow for me, after I did the hard drive install.

[quote name='lokizz']sony is tired of you bad mouthing their system...........youve been warned............[/QUOTE]
:rofl: Talking about Sony like they give a damn what individual PS3 owners say about their system. The only thing the company cares about is your money. As long as you keep giving them it they don't care what you say.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:rofl: Talking about Sony like they give a damn what individual PS3 owners say about their system. The only thing the company cares about is your money. As long as you keep giving them it they don't care what you say.[/QUOTE]

which is what you do you continue to keep giving them your money and yet you continue to complain the loudest lol. but you have to know that they have people watching this site and other game related sites and as much shit as you talk about them whose to say they couldnt or wouldnt do something like that. food for thought ..................

[quote name='lokizz']which is what you do you continue to keep giving them your money and yet you continue to complain the loudest lol. but you have to know that they have people watching this site and other game related sites and as much shit as you talk about them whose to say they couldnt or wouldnt do something like that. food for thought ..................[/QUOTE]

Somewhere in your brain you actually believe that a publicly traded multi-national corporation watches websites for people talking bad about their products and will 'do something bad' to those people? This is incredibly dumb. 1) It's a waste of time to go after one specific user. 2) It would only give the person who something bad was done to more to complain about.

Companies like Sony arent run by people who vindictively react like 14yr old girls who just got dumped. They do things to make money. Your scenario loses on every front. If that's your "food for thought" I'd suggest a new grocery store.

[quote name='hostyl1']Somewhere in your brain you actually believe that a publicly traded multi-national corporation watches websites for people talking bad about their products and will 'do something bad' to those people? This is incredibly dumb. 1) It's a waste of time to go after one specific user. 2) It would only give the person who something bad was done to more to complain about.

Companies like Sony arent run by people who vindictively react like 14yr old girls who just got dumped. They do things to make money. Your scenario loses on every front. If that's your "food for thought" I'd suggest a new grocery store.[/QUOTE]

hey dumbass do you know what a joke is? since you dont ill link you to a definition.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/joke

[quote name='lokizz']which is what you do you continue to keep giving them your money and yet you continue to complain the loudest lol. but you have to know that they have people watching this site and other game related sites and as much shit as you talk about them whose to say they couldnt or wouldnt do something like that. food for thought ..................[/QUOTE]
Wow. And confoosious says those of us who talk smack about the Sears/Kmart clearance ending need to take off our tinfoil hats.:razz:

[quote name='NSYNC']Nice try, but I didn't think you were joking either.[/QUOTE]

then youre just as dumb as he is again go to the def of joke and learn.

[quote name='lokizz']then youre just as dumb as he is again go to the def of joke and learn.[/QUOTE]

Something said or done to evoke laughter or amusement - Nope not that
A mischievous trick; a prank. - No whoopie cushion involved so not that
An amusing or ludicrous incident or situation. - The only thing ludicrous is you defending your "joke"

Something not to be taken seriously; a triviality - Meh perhaps
An object of amusement or laughter; a laughingstock - We got a bingo! This is you defending your "joke"

So it seems according to the definition you're the closest thing to a joke.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='LordVila']Something said or done to evoke laughter or amusement - Nope not that
A mischievous trick; a prank. - No whoopie cushion involved so not that
An amusing or ludicrous incident or situation. - The only thing ludicrous is you defending your "joke"

Something not to be taken seriously; a triviality - Meh perhaps
An object of amusement or laughter; a laughingstock - We got a bingo! This is you defending your "joke"

So it seems according to the definition your the closest thing to a joke.[/QUOTE]

you mean you're not your right?

[quote name='lokizz']you mean you're not your right?[/QUOTE]

I blame that mistake on laughing to hard at your joke.

Also, the first word of a sentence needs to be capitalized.

bread's done
Back