- - - - -

Ar Tonelico Qoga (PS3) NIS preorder CLE $69.99

#1 StarOcean   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   67 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

StarOcean

Posted 29 January 2011 - 06:58 AM

Hey guys just wanted to let you know that preorders are up for Ar Tonelico 3 (Qoga). You can preorder either calander + LE or just LE. They both look amazing :applause:. Free shipping. By the way Im not sure if its fixed but theres no tax for the calendar version!

Calendar + Premium: http://store.nisamer...re-Calendar-Set

Premium Edition (no calendar): http://store.nisamer...oga-Premium-Box

#2 RedEagleEX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   80 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

RedEagleEX

Posted 29 January 2011 - 07:26 AM

I'll be buying the Calendar Set as soon as my Neptunia Premium Set ships from NISA.

I have $10 worth of Gift Certificates with them and after Neptunia, I will have $15 worth!

#3 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6452 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 29 January 2011 - 08:03 AM

I can't believe they are charging $10 for a calendar. At first I thought it was a joke. Unbelieveable. How is this not a free bonus for people who order the premium edition directly from NIS?

#4 mitnosi   Kweh? CAGiversary!   1703 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 29 January 2011 - 08:12 AM

Will be skipping calendar edition, but gonna grab the other.

#5 rainking187   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2279 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

rainking187

Posted 29 January 2011 - 08:16 AM

I can't believe they are charging $10 for a calendar. At first I thought it was a joke. Unbelieveable. How is this not a free bonus for people who order the premium edition directly from NIS?

Yeah, after ZHP, Prinny 2 and Neptunia all had free extras I thought they were done with charging for the extras. I guess not.

#6 TraBuch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1044 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 29 January 2011 - 08:28 AM

Isn't the battle system supposed to be really changed up in this one? Like..Similar to Tales games?

#7 mxpowar   Menace II Sobriety CAGiversary!   1360 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 29 January 2011 - 08:42 AM

Isn't the battle system supposed to be really changed up in this one? Like..Similar to Tales games?

Yep, which is why I won't be buying it. Have a look for yourself:

#8 TraBuch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1044 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 29 January 2011 - 08:52 AM

Jesus. Way too many cutscenes during battle for an ARPG.

#9 62t   Zune Duck! CAGiversary!   20100 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 29 January 2011 - 09:18 AM

It is also the first game in the series to be rated M

#10 Vortextk   Killer7 CAGiversary!   2338 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 29 January 2011 - 09:25 AM

Do I need to even ask about the actual quality of the game?...

#11 Amblix   Chinglish CAGiversary!   2224 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 29 January 2011 - 11:57 AM

I wish they had done the calender free like the HN playing cards.

NISA is a pretty small company delivering niche titles, I'll be glad to support them some more.

#12 yokofox33   House Stark CAGiversary!   1399 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 29 January 2011 - 01:43 PM

For 10 bucks more I'll get the calendar. Worst case I can sell it to some uber fan on Ebay or something like that.

#13 VendettaXBL   Hunter Master Race CAGiversary!   7501 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

VendettaXBL

Posted 29 January 2011 - 01:54 PM

NISA can suck it for charging $10 extra for a damn calendar.

Will order from Amazon cuz I have Prime.

#14 GtoTheNextLevel  

GtoTheNextLevel

Posted 29 January 2011 - 04:02 PM

If so, then I may actually enjoy it cause I couldn't get into the other Ar Tonelico games on PS2, however it's M-Rating and surefire young girl presence kinda worries me. Oh, Japan...

It is NIS though, so I'll probably give it a shot, but I also will skip the calender. C'mon NIS, you gave the playing cards for Neptunia for free!

#15 punkmaggit   Masashi Hamauzu > you CAGiversary!   2506 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 29 January 2011 - 04:04 PM

Ordered my LE+calendar last night! Now I'll have the LE of all 3 sealed!

#16 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   23375 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 29 January 2011 - 04:05 PM

Well, at least they're offering free shipping...

#17 Eh? What?   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   159 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 29 January 2011 - 04:14 PM

Is there a version that just has the game? I mean, the rest of that junk is fine, I guess, but I kind of just want to be able to get the game without it taking up even more space on my shelf, which is at a premium these days.

#18 LordVila   Casterly Rock! CAGiversary!   2357 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 29 January 2011 - 04:33 PM

Do I need to even ask about the actual quality of the game?...

If you like NIS games then you will like it and think it's a quality game. If you don't like NIS games then odds are you wont like it and think it's not a quality game.

I'm personally not a fan of NIS games in general because of the story or lack thereof and the gameplay. With that being said I did preorder Hypderdimension Neptunia because it looked interesting.

#19 darkcloudinc   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   56 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

darkcloudinc

Posted 29 January 2011 - 05:02 PM

Wow... that one female looked so loli it made me almost feel like a lolicon watching her sequence. I'm too burnt on the terrible job they did on AR2, so pass on everything.

#20 Tom Ato   Vine Ripened CAGiversary!   809 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 January 2011 - 05:11 PM

If you like NIS games then you will like it and think it's a quality game. If you don't like NIS games then odds are you wont like it and think it's not a quality game.

I'm personally not a fan of NIS games in general because of the story or lack thereof and the gameplay. With that being said I did preorder Hypderdimension Neptunia because it looked interesting.

These are not actually NIS games, NIS is just publishing them. Gust is making Ar Tornelico and Idea Factory made HDN. There's a big difference because I absolutely hate IF and love Gust.

NIS does make the Disgaea series and the like though.

#21 Mana Knight   Cloud Strife CAGiversary!   14401 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Mana Knight

Posted 29 January 2011 - 05:55 PM

I hate you NIS America. I'm so tempted to cancel my preorder to buy this. This is going to suck a lot of money out of me. :(

EDIT: I ordered this.

Edited by The Mana Knight, 29 January 2011 - 06:10 PM.

#22 2DMention   Cyberpunk CAGiversary!   3842 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 January 2011 - 06:17 PM

Will probably pre-order it from Amazon as I have credit there. I don't need the calendar.

#23 Cuke   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   187 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 January 2011 - 06:41 PM

This looks really fun, but I can't spend any more money right now...

#24 Fodder   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   139 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 29 January 2011 - 07:15 PM

Eh nevermind, I'm a mess.

#25 salty tbone   Flipmode Squad CAGiversary!   3083 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

salty tbone

Posted 29 January 2011 - 07:18 PM

Are we sure they are actually charging $10 more for the calendar?

I get the impression that the game / art book and soundtrack is going to be $69 no matter where you get it from, but form NIS you get the Calendar too.

I guess what I'm saying is I'm not convinced that Amazon will be selling this for $59 without the calendar.

Edit: Just kidding! Looks like its already up:

http://www.amazon.co...96328557&sr=8-3

I wonder if this version is just the game or comes with the art book as well?

The version from NIS without the calendar is $10 cheaper.

#26 romeogbs19   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   2825 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

romeogbs19

Posted 29 January 2011 - 07:29 PM

Meh, the AT games only rose to popularity because of the subtle (not really) "dive sessions". The gameplay was okay (it's riffed a lot from Atelier Iris) but everything about the game screamed mediocrity. The only reason to stick to it, if it could even be called a reason, was to "dive" into the female characters -- and seriously, that charm wears off after the first "session".

AT had some novelty to it, at least -- being the first game to play out the concept. AT2 was just flat-out terrible. NIS clearly thought the same thing, given it didn't catch a game-ending bug at the last guy.

From my experience, NIS also seems to be incredibly bad at translating the writing. AT and AT2 are two of the worst translations I've ever seen -- so many bizarre sentences, along with spelling and grammatical errors, make it incredibly tough to read and listen to.

When I heard that Gust was going 3D, I was mildly interested (if only because I thought may be AT3 would learn from the prior errors and correct them).

But given there are SO many better games now and I have such little time to commit to playing, I just don't have time now for mediocre or slightly-above mediocre titles like AT anymore. I'll keep an eye on the review out of curiosity's sake, but I've had my fill of AT, and in all honesty, I'm sort of surprised this one is even making it out of Japan again.

Even Rumble Roses didn't make me feel so awkward. Now that it's rated M, I have the uneasy feeling this one is going to ride the edge of pedophilia.

#27 colossus79   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   39 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

colossus79

Posted 29 January 2011 - 08:20 PM

I honestly didn't expect NIS to have this available for pre-order in their store until at least the middle of February.

That being said, I'm undecided at the moment about which package to get. Wouldn't mind having the calendar, but considering the amount of games coming out the next couple of months, I may need that extra 10 bucks to put toward something else...

Not sure about this, but I'm going to assume that the Premium Edition without the calendar will be available at other retailers as well.

#28 Volcynika   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   136 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Volcynika

Posted 29 January 2011 - 09:46 PM

Meh, the AT games only rose to popularity because of the subtle (not really) "dive sessions". The gameplay was okay (it's riffed a lot from Atelier Iris) but everything about the game screamed mediocrity. The only reason to stick to it, if it could even be called a reason, was to "dive" into the female characters -- and seriously, that charm wears off after the first "session".

AT had some novelty to it, at least -- being the first game to play out the concept. AT2 was just flat-out terrible. NIS clearly thought the same thing, given it didn't catch a game-ending bug at the last guy.

From my experience, NIS also seems to be incredibly bad at translating the writing. AT and AT2 are two of the worst translations I've ever seen -- so many bizarre sentences, along with spelling and grammatical errors, make it incredibly tough to read and listen to.

When I heard that Gust was going 3D, I was mildly interested (if only because I thought may be AT3 would learn from the prior errors and correct them).

But given there are SO many better games now and I have such little time to commit to playing, I just don't have time now for mediocre or slightly-above mediocre titles like AT anymore. I'll keep an eye on the review out of curiosity's sake, but I've had my fill of AT, and in all honesty, I'm sort of surprised this one is even making it out of Japan again.

Even Rumble Roses didn't make me feel so awkward. Now that it's rated M, I have the uneasy feeling this one is going to ride the edge of pedophilia.

I don't know anyone that ever bought it just because of the dive sessions at all. And it's far from the only reason to stick with the game.

#29 ck76   Winter is Coming CAGiversary!   756 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 29 January 2011 - 10:58 PM

Yep, which is why I won't be buying it. Have a look for yourself:

What the?!? I love the first two (despite some serious glitch issues...) and the battle system was a big part of that.

Glad I saw this, I'll keep an eye on it, but glad found this out now. Thank you sir.

#30 NolbertoS   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1069 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 January 2011 - 11:02 PM

Ordered my LE+calendar last night! Now I'll have the LE of all 3 sealed!

Lucky :(..I was forced to sell both my Ar Tonelico 1 and 2 PS2 sealed games due to financial hardships awhile back...those things sell for insanely high on ebay..but just wanted my copies to play.