Shift 2 - Unleashed - Limited Edition - $57.99 Amazon w/ $10 credit

I think they are splitting the NFS into two distinct branches. One for the arcadey people, and one for the track-based, closer to the real thing people. Not sure about the timing with which they are releasing them, but whatever.

I am just glad they are coming out with Shift2. I LOVED Shift and was the most fun I had in a racing game since the old Pro Race Driver games. Best racing (i.e. good AI, solid controls, good tracks, good difficulty settings) by far.

I have this preordered from Amazon, but also waiting to see if Kmart is going to bring it with their deal.

Have they fixed the 30 fps issue? I can't stand racing sims or racing games in general running below 60 fps. If not, my money goes to Forza 4, likewise with the last one, I went with Forza 3. Wonder why EA wants to go head to head release time frame with Forza again. It's like releasing I'm Nobody FPS during the COD release period.

I will definitely buy this game but only when I can get it like Medal of Honor for $24.99 at Newegg, should take about 4-5 months to get there. :lol:

I'm not buying "Limited Edition" EA games at launch anymore. They always go on sale for $40 or less multiple times before the regular edition replaces it in stores.

I thought EA was switching to two development studios on NFS so that they could take their time and make better games but they are putting out two a year now instead.

[quote name='tyrok3k']I thought EA was switching to two development studios on NFS so that they could take their time and make better games but they are putting out two a year now instead.[/QUOTE]

They are. Different teams working on different NFS projects, like Criterion on the recent Hot Pursuit. The Shift team is a different team within EA. But man, can't EA studios make any racing game 60 fps anymore?! Even Criterion, argueabily their best racing dev team who has never dipped below 60fps, can only make a 30fps Hot Pursuit. Very frustrating for people who cares about fps. It's like they are telling us to skip their releases and buy competitor's. Personally, I haven't bought a EA racing game for years because of this problem. I did buy NFS HP because it's unique and I really liked HP way back. The reboot did a fairly good job but it hurts to look at the fast action scrolls on the screen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Big fucking meh to this game and it's $10 credit. There's already an Amazon deals thread stickied at the top for Amazon deals. I could see if it was going to be a game worth getting day one and had a $20 credit, but this game has neither of those things going for it.

I love EA and all of their unlimited "limited" editions they sell. A "limited" edition should only be out for a short time,, not six months later and $30 cheaper..lol

[quote name='will296']I love EA and all of their unlimited "limited" editions they sell. A "limited" edition should only be out for a short time,, not six months later and $30 cheaper..lol[/QUOTE]

They are limited... at $60 for 1 month. :lol:

Yea, mediocre prospects at best, but probably as fun as most NFS games. Glad to see they are giving out credit per usual.

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']They are limited... at $60 for 1 month. :lol:[/QUOTE]

LOL, that's why i'll wait for the price drop. It shouldn't take long. :)

I'm surprised they are making another Shift game. The first one was total @ss. Best Buy had it on sale for like 20-30 bucks less just a few weeks after it came out. I've seen it for 10 bucks and they were trying to give it away free with I believe the new Hot Pursuit game. This should be EA's "bargain line" N4s series....msrp $29.99.

[quote name='unc13 buck']The new standard in simulation racing...On what planet?[/QUOTE]

Have you ever heard the term marketing? lol or 'Hi-Def doesn't start till we say so'...Sony. :lol:

[quote name='unc13 buck']The new standard in simulation racing...On what planet?[/QUOTE]
Planet EA.

Sweet. I have no interest in buying this game whatsoever, but i do look forward to seeing Hot Pursuit drop in price that much faster.

bread's done
Back