RL claw game controlled from your PC, win prizes!

binici

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Hey guys,

Not sure if you all aware of this website, but you wait in line and when your turn is up, you control a giant claw (remote connection from website) and try to grab the prizes.

Apparently, whatever you pick up they match as a gift and ship it to you. Saw this on IGN (Vesti board) and did a search on Google.

http://www.thesantaclaw.com/

I'm still in line waiting... Looks fun and great technology at its finest!

[quote name='Grausherra']Won a week or two ago ... still waiting on my prize. :D[/QUOTE]

Do they notify you what you have won? Is it something random?

[quote name='binici']Do they notify you what you have won? Is it something random?[/QUOTE]

Sorta random. There's a bunch of rubber balls, which are clearly just that. Then there's hollow balls with random things inside. I don't think they tell you, though you might be able to see yourself if you have good vision. And then there's other stuff, like the skateboard I can see at the bottom right now.

This is really neat, but I'm SO bad at claw games. And to wait 450+ people to know I'm going to lose sucks. :( Guess I'll wait in line for now, and try at least once?

[quote name='binici']Heh, I'm 38th in line, so close! I have been waiting for four hours...[/QUOTE]

Let me know when there's like 3 people ahead of you. I want to watch and see if you win.

wow...comp went to sleep and lost my place. i wont be on my comp for 8+ hours so im gunna have to skip this. maybe late at night

There's no way I'm gonna wait for 8 hours just to lose, but it's fun to watch other people play...and fail. Pleasure in other people's pain and whatnot.

My favorite are the people that are just so happy that they get to play they move it randomly around then drop it haphazardly in the middle.

Does the camera change when you get to operate the crane? I ask because the main camera view kind of sucks.

MAN! Waited for 2 hours until 6 hours left, accidently refreshed page. Got to about 6 hours or so again, browser stops responding/loading and I have to reboot!

I waited until I was 88th in line, then I accidentally closed all tabs that I had open and lost my position. Oh well, it doesn't seem like the prizes are that great even if you do manage to get one...

Congrats to the purple ball winner! ;)

Yeah congrats on winning flatfeetkid. Waiting about 6 hours till i get my turn. So playing will be about the last thing ill do before i hit the hay. Wish me luck!

Camera does change when you play the game from brids eye view down. It is really hard to pin-point where you really at time.

um, question. does it tell you that you won even if you lose? I grabbed a giant pink ball, but then it fell out of the claw. but it said I won anyway and the counter for number of prizes went up one.

Saw this a couple weeks back.

Sadly, haven't had enough time at home to "get in line" and play. I do check in on it every now and then to watch people try.

[quote name='JakeNome']um, question. does it tell you that you won even if you lose? I grabbed a giant pink ball, but then it fell out of the claw. but it said I won anyway and the counter for number of prizes went up one.[/QUOTE]

Did the same thing for my friend who was right after me. We figured it was a glitch since I got two balls, but I guess not.

[quote name='JakeNome']um, question. does it tell you that you won even if you lose? I grabbed a giant pink ball, but then it fell out of the claw. but it said I won anyway and the counter for number of prizes went up one.[/QUOTE]

same here...

There were two or three balls in the bin already when I played. Didn't successfully grab anything during my turn, saw a car blow up, and got the "you won" screen/form. Maybe those pre-existing balls confused/glitched the game?

Maybe so. I didn't even come close to grabbing something, but it told me I won. Not complaining, ha.

The machine is running out of balls, though.

[quote name='dafunkk12']There were two or three balls in the bin already when I played. Didn't successfully grab anything during my turn, saw a car blow up, and got the "you won" screen/form. [/QUOTE]

Same here. Time to wait and see.

[quote name='thereefernander']110 in like, almost 2 hours wait. 5:30am. Not alot of balls but better than 8 hours and then having the browser/computer crash![/QUOTE]

Good luck :) Time for me to sleep :drool:

Thanks for the link OP, I got it!

Got on early this morning and the line was small... took me 3 tries.

I grabbed a clear ball with a present in it, wonder what it is. Saw someone win the skateboard.

b4114f.png

You can only win once... and they spam your twitter page. But then everyone knows you're a winner :bouncy:

a275d1.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I was watching the balls drop and roll out on the floor to the left. I wonder how they know who gets what.

c9515c.jpg

[quote name='COLDblood']I was watching the balls drop and roll out on the floor to the left. I wonder how they know who gets what.

[/QUOTE]

I'm sure it keeps a log of who tripped the sensor and possibly scans the ball size/color. Only speculation, though.

EDIT: Interesting. The claw must be glitching because it said I won a prize, but I didn't grab anything. I guess we'll see what happens.

bread's done
Back