Major PSN sale - Persona and Persona 3 50% off!

robbyH

CAGiversary!
Droplitz – Sale (PS3) (now $4.99, original price $9.99)
Class of Heroes Legacy – Sale (PSP) (now $19.99, original price $39.99)
Crimson Gem Saga – Sale (PSP) (now $14.99, original price $29.99)
Hammerin' Hero – Sale (PSP) (now $9.99, original price $19.99)
Hexyz Force – Sale (PSP) (now $14.99, original price $29.99)
Kenka Bancho: Badass Rumble – Sale (PSP) (now $19.99, original price $39.99)
Knights in the Nightmare – Sale (PSP) (now $14.99, original price $29.99)
Riviera: The Promised Land – Sale (PSP) (now $7.49, original price $14.99)
R-Type Command – Sale (PSP) (now $7.49, original price $14.99)
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable – Sale (PSP) (now $19.99, original price $39.99)
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona – Sale (PSP) (now $19.99, original price $39.99)
Steamboat Chronicles Battle Tournament – Sale (PSP) (now $7.49, original price $14.99)
Yggdra Union – Sale (PSP) (now $7.49, original price $14.99)
Half-Minute Hero – Price Change (PSP) (now $14.99, original price $14.99)
Mahjongg Artifacts – minis – Price Drop (PS3/PSP) (now $2.99, original price $4.99)
Mahjongg Artifacts: Chapter 2 – minis – Price Drop (PS3/PSP) (now $2.99, original price $4.99)
Stand O' Food – minis – Price Drop (PS3/PSP) (now $1.99, original price $4.99)
Supermarket Mania – minis – Price Drop (PS3/PSP) (now $2.99, original price $4.99)
The Mystery Of The Crystal Portal – minis – Price Drop (PS3/PSP) (now $2.99, original price $4.99)
I Must Run! – minis – Permanent Price Drop (PS3/PSP) (now $1.49, original price $3.99)
M.O.Z.O.X. Space Salvager – minis – Price Change (PS3/PSP) (now $1.49, original price $2.99)
Blue Toad Murder Files Episode 2: The Mystery Of Riddle Manor – Price Change (PS3) (now $2.99, original price $7.49)
Blue Toad Murder Files Episode 3: The Mystery Of The Concealing Flame – Price Change (PS3) (now $2.99, original price $7.49)
Blue Toad Murder Files Episode 4: Death From Above – Price Change (PS3) (now $2.99, original price $7.49)
Blue Toad Murder Files Episode 5: The Riddles Of The Past – Price Change (PS3) (now $2.99, original price $7.49)
Blue Toad Murder Files Episode 6: Flight Of The Felonious Fugitive – Price Change (PS3) (now $2.99, original price $7.49)
Blue Toad Murder Files Episodes 1-3 Bundle Pack – Price Change (PS3) (now $7.49, original price $14.99)
Blue Toad Murder Files Episode 2-6 Upgrade Bundle – Price Change (PS3) (now $13.99, original price $25.49)
Blue Toad Murder Files Episode 4-6 Bundle Pack – Price Change (PS3) (now $7.49, original price $14.99)
Blue Toad Murder Files Episode 1 – Price Change (PS3) (now $0.99, original price $7.49)
Blue Toad Murder Files Episode 1-6 Bundle Pack – Price Change (PS3) (now $14.99, original price $26.99)

At 1st, I thought you were just reposting the sale Atlus did in Nov. (to which I got both Persona games).

Also want to recommend Half-Minute Hero. $15 is a great price for the game.

Oh lord.
Was figuring i'd pick up P3P with tax returns. Only question was to get the UMD version for collecting's sake, or to grab the PSN title for NGP compatibility far down the road.

This certainly isn't helping the decision. D:
My thanks nonetheless for this heads up! :D

[quote name='PSStore']Class of Heroes Legacy – Sale (PSP) (now $19.99, original price $39.99)
Crimson Gem Saga – Sale (PSP) (now $14.99, original price $29.99)
Hammerin' Hero – Sale (PSP) (now $9.99, original price $19.99)
Hexyz Force – Sale (PSP) (now $14.99, original price $29.99)
Kenka Bancho: Badass Rumble – Sale (PSP) (now $19.99, original price $39.99)
Knights in the Nightmare – Sale (PSP) (now $14.99, original price $29.99)
Riviera: The Promised Land – Sale (PSP) (now $7.49, original price $14.99)
R-Type Command – Sale (PSP) (now $7.49, original price $14.99)
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable – Sale (PSP) (now $19.99, original price $39.99)
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona – Sale (PSP) (now $19.99, original price $39.99)

Steamboat Chronicles Battle Tournament – Sale (PSP) (now $7.49, original price $14.99)
Yggdra Union – Sale (PSP) (now $7.49, original price $14.99)
[/QUOTE]

List of Atlus Titles.

I dunno if this thread will supersede the usual PSN thread or not, but I'm looking for opinions on Riviera and Yggdra union. Nice to see the sale return!

[quote name='DanteWarrior']I came here excited but leaving disappointed[/QUOTE]

Same.

fuck yes!! I've been wanting to rebuy P3P for my GO, and this is perfect. Gonna pick up that as well as Hexyz Force and possibly Crimson Gem Saga.

Whoever runs the SCEA Store sure is lazy as hell. They just repeated Atlus' Sale from a few weeks ago and added Knights in the Nightmare, Yggdra Union and Half-Minute Hero to the list. O'well, I'll probably pick up Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable to see what all the fuss is about.

Really hoping later this month they'll be a Y's Seven/Oath sale since Chronicles is coming out. Or at least lower the price of Tekken 6 from $40...but I doubt it.

[quote name='Cheska19']fuck yes!! I've been wanting to rebuy P3P for my GO, and this is perfect. Gonna pick up that as well as Hexyz Force and possibly Crimson Gem Saga.[/QUOTE]

Crimson Gem Saga is terrible, so don't be fooled by its pretty 2D sprites: it's a totally by-the-numbers JRPG that gets super boring after a few hours of playtime.

Other two you listed are decent pick-ups during this sale.

[quote name='deviousnaraku']Whoever runs the SCEA Store sure is lazy as hell. They just repeated Atlus' Sale from a few weeks ago and added Knights in the Nightmare, Yggdra Union and Half-Minute Hero to the list. O'well, I'll probably pick up Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable to see what all the fuss is about.

Really hoping later this month they'll be a Y's Seven/Oath sale since Chronicles is coming out. Or at least lower the price of Tekken 6 from $40...but I doubt it.[/QUOTE]

The UMD version of TEKKEN 6 has been on sale A LOT over the last few months (eg. $9.90 on GoGamer), so I'm guessing you're looking for a digital version?

[quote name='AwRy108']The UMD version of TEKKEN 6 has been on sale A LOT over the last few months (eg. $9.90 on GoGamer), so I'm guessing you're looking for a digital version?[/QUOTE]

Yeah since I have a Go.

Damn, they should let you play PSP games on PS3, but that wouldn't maximize profit, would it? Oh well...

[quote name='DanteWarrior']I came here excited but leaving disappointed[/QUOTE]
this x100

i saw major PSN sale, i cam in expecting PSN games/PSX not 99% PSP only games :cry:

edit-

i logged in and saw fat princess for 7.50 on my psn+ and spyro2 for free so im not mad anymore :)

[quote name='AwRy108']Crimson Gem Saga is terrible, so don't be fooled by its pretty 2D sprites: it's a totally by-the-numbers JRPG that gets super boring after a few hours of playtime.

Other two you listed are decent pick-ups during this sale.[/QUOTE]

I loved Crimson Gem Saga and so did many other players. It certainly isn't terrible. It just obviously wasn't your cup of tea.

I'm so angry right now. I bought P3P, Hexyz Force, and Crimson Gem Saga all for full price just last week not expecting another sale anytime soon.

[quote name='BREVITY']Can you play these PSP games on the PS3?[/QUOTE]Only the Minis & PS1 games will play on both the PSP & PS3.

CGS has been one of my favorites on PSP and I even paid full price on release day.

Also, someone was asking about Yggdra. I got it for $7 and it has been worth it. It is a bit frustrating at times as it is one of the more difficult SRPGs to get the hang of. I havent tried Riviera though so I cant help you pick between the two.

[quote name='plutoknight']List of Atlus Titles.

I dunno if this thread will supersede the usual PSN thread or not, but I'm looking for opinions on Riviera and Yggdra union. Nice to see the sale return![/QUOTE]

I rank Riviera as hands down, one of the top 3 RPGs that I have ever played and that's really saying something. I guess it depends on whether you like turn based battles or not, but I found that Riviera's system was traditional, yet unique enough to the game that it was fun each and every battle. Different limit breaks (er...forgot what they were called in game, but the over the top special moves) for different weapons were a great idea, and the situations that you require them (do I need a wide move, or a specific attack on that one annoying creature in the back row that I need to kill before the rest?) and leveling the weapons up is novel. The way you move around the world is interesting, and I also really enjoyed the choices you made in the game that would affect each of your party member's like/dislike of you. Especially if you aim for the cat ending, which requires a lot of planning ahead

Yggdra Union...I like a lot less. Didn't have much fun with it, despite it being from the same developer. Felt the battle system was stupid. If you had to pick one up, definitely go with Riviera

[quote name='ithebigc']I rank Riviera as hands down, one of the top 3 RPGs that I have ever played and that's really saying something. I guess it depends on whether you like turn based battles or not, but I found that Riviera's system was traditional, yet unique enough to the game that it was fun each and every battle. Different limit breaks (er...forgot what they were called in game, but the over the top special moves) for different weapons were a great idea, and the situations that you require them (do I need a wide move, or a specific attack on that one annoying creature in the back row that I need to kill before the rest?) and leveling the weapons up is novel. The way you move around the world is interesting, and I also really enjoyed the choices you made in the game that would affect each of your party member's like/dislike of you. Especially if you aim for the cat ending, which requires a lot of planning ahead
[/QUOTE]

I liked Riviera for a lot of the same reasons. The only thing that really bugged me was only being able to bring 4 items into each battle. That restriction seemed very arbitrary and was especially annoying when my inventory was full all the time, and I couldn't even use my items up!

[quote name='TraBuch']I'm so angry right now. I bought P3P, Hexyz Force, and Crimson Gem Saga all for full price just last week not expecting another sale anytime soon.[/QUOTE]

Those games have been out forever, why wouldn't you just wait until another sale?

Anyways, I might pick up the pack for Blue Toad Murder Files. It's got a shit ton of gold trophies.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Those games have been out forever, why wouldn't you just wait until another sale?

Anyways, I might pick up the pack for Blue Toad Murder Files. It's got a shit ton of gold trophies.[/QUOTE]
Because I had just bought a PSP and wanted to play some games?

Thanks OP. Even though there is nothing for me, It's nice that Sony is putting some effort into deals. Hope that is a good sign for PSP2!

[quote name='TraBuch']Because I had just bought a PSP and wanted to play some games?[/QUOTE]

Then don't get angry when they go on sale.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Then don't get angry when they go on sale.[/QUOTE]
Of course I'm gonna be angry. I could've saved myself quite a bit of money, but I was impatient.

[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']I loved Crimson Gem Saga and so did many other players. It certainly isn't terrible. It just obviously wasn't your cup of tea.[/QUOTE]

I really enjoyed the first few hours, but then the tedium set in. Then again, I find that I feel the same way about most JRPG's as of late, so maybe I've just out-grown the genre.

I remember that the game required way too much grinding for very minimal reward; and also I recall that most of the character-specific skills were worthless, so the battles (of which there were many) degraded into just using the same attacks over and over.

Either way, def. not my cup of tea.

Good sales though I think being digital copies they should be even lower. No ones going to re-sell them and I'm sure Atlus would make even more money if the prices were even lower because more people would buy them *shrugs*

Though some of the games are Out Of Print and you have not too much to lose - namingly Persona 3 Portable and Half Minute Hero.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Good sales though I think being digital copies they should be even lower. No ones going to re-sell them and I'm sure Atlus would make even more money if the prices were even lower because more people would buy them *shrugs*

Though some of the games are Out Of Print and you have not too much to lose - namingly Persona 3 Portable and Half Minute Hero.[/QUOTE]

People can resell Downloadable games. :p It's called gamesharing.

Haven't checked in a while, but I'm guessing P3P on UMD is still over $20? I only have a 1gb memory stick, so I doubt I'd even have room for a digital version.

For anyone considering Hammerin' Hero, I'd definitely recommend getting it. I bought it when it was first released on PSN and it's a blast. It's an old school side-scroller, so the difficulty can be high, but there's lots to unlock and it encourages multiple playthroughs with all the costumes.

[quote name='celegus']Haven't checked in a while, but I'm guessing P3P on UMD is still over $20? I only have a 1gb memory stick, so I doubt I'd even have room for a digital version.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, P3P is 1.2GB

And its on sale new on Amazon for upwards of 50 bucks through third-parties on UMD. O.O

[quote name='celegus']Haven't checked in a while, but I'm guessing P3P on UMD is still over $20? I only have a 1gb memory stick, so I doubt I'd even have room for a digital version.[/QUOTE]

Um, how about you just upgrade your memory stick? You can get a 4GB pro duo for under $20, there's no excuse

edit: In fact, you can get an 8Gb stick for $23 at amz: http://www.amazon.com/Lexar-Platinu...TYN8/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1296662380&sr=8-5

I bought Kenka Bancho (UMD) on day one and it is awesome. For lack of a better comparison, think of it as a silly (extremely silly) Yakuza-lite.

After three playthroughs, I still haven't seen everything it has to offer. There's a lot of RPG elements - Unlocking moves etc. So this is a game that could last you awhile. Granted, some of the extra content (costumes and such) is a bit grindy.

It's not going to be everyone's cup of tea but I love it. I hope another one comes stateside.

[quote name='guardian_owl']Don't have a PSP so really boring update for me, certainly not worth publishing early.[/QUOTE]
You're missing out, PSP is awesome. Also, this ATLUS sale is awesome. Thanks for poo-pooing it.

P3P > any western game from the last decade

bread's done
Back