JRPG Tales of Graces ƒ *CONFIRMED* coming to North America (Vesperia NOT HAPPENING)

FatBoyInside

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
A revised teaser image from Namco/Bandai website : http://ataleoftworichards.com/
UPDATE 2.2.2011 : Website reveals that Tales of Graces ƒ is coming to North America. ToV has yet to be announced, but their previous teaser pic shown below proves a high possibility. A follow-up tweet states ToV was never intended to be announced at all...only Graces. Namco FAILED me again. Sorry, guys!

PS3 Tales of Graces ƒ Improvements over the original Wii version
* Improved high definition graphics
* New story arc occurring 6 months after the original story (script is 3/4 the length of the original !!)
* Extra story scenes
* New game secrets
* New character costumes (tie-ins with other anime series: Code Geass / Toro / Hatsune Miku)
* New Blast Calibers

Breakdown analysis of the controversial teaser image >> [customspoiler=NamcoME]

picture.php

[size=+1]What two Tales series RPGs can you distinguish from the above image ? [/size]

If you invert the color in the original teaaser image, something revealing pops up:

picture.php

Here's the Tales of Vesperia Logo for comparison ('Tales' portion can be clearly seen on the left side and '-ria' & Japanese subtitle on the right end):

picture.php

Here's the Tales of Graces ƒ Logo for comparison (notice the matching-color, giant ' ƒ ' off-centered):

picture.php

PS3 Tales of Vesperia's Improvements over the original XB360 version
* Full voice acting
* Tie-ins with Tales of Vesperia: The First Strike Animated Film
* New playable character (Patty Fleur)
* Flynn as a fully customizable, playable character (permanent after Aurnion)
* Repede and Flynn as selectable on-screen avatars
* New mini-games (Racing mini-game for Repede)
* New cutscenes
* New subplots
* New main game quests
* New sidequests
* New songs
* New towns
* Remodeled towns
* New dungeons
* New bosses (including the Sword Dancer, Don Whitehorse, and Clint/Tison/Nan)
* Boss fight replays at Nam Cobanda Isle (in an area called the Door of Memories)
* New Overlimit Levels up to 8
* New Hi Ougi/Mystic Artes (including a dual Mystic Arte with Yuri and Flynn)
* New Artes
* New Skills
* New Equipment
* Access Key Item "Artes Ball," which allows characters to assign a new maximum of 16 Artes to left & right analog sticks
* New Costumes (Including costumes based on other Tales characters and Sgt. Frog)
* New Skits
* A scene-skip feature
* Added Team Arena
* Connectivity with Tales of VS (psp series?)
* Pre-Order Bonus (Abyss character costumes for Yuri, Flynn, and Estelle)
* New Coliseum battles and modes (Cameo Team, Clint/Tison/Nan/Karol, Schwann Brigade, and etc)
[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
Added the inverted picture, identified some noticeable logo markers, and highlighted the main differences on these PS3 ports. Hopefully, Namco/Bandai will bring us good tidings tomorrow. I'm am very ecstatic at this moment!

I hope getting Platinum on the PS3 version isn't that much harder than the 360 version. That was a bitch to do. Especially Secret Missions 17 and 23. Man I hated those.

If Vesperia release is true then I have just lost my main reason for wanting a 360 and makes me so much happier with my PS3. The JRPG genre has been pretty dismal on the PS3 up till now so could not be happier about this.

AHHH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH. I guess patience is a virtue. Now if they'd only announce Magna Carta 2 for the PS3...

Please let this be true. Wonder when they'll officially announce? I have Vesperia on 360, but haven't gotten around to it. Prolly keep it sealed and get it on PS3 for the upgrades/to support Namco's decision.

Just please don't take the Legendia route with a half-assed lazy rush job.

I was going to say this is just speculation and a complete waste of time but I can definitely see it being Vesperia. Very nice work FBI.

I'm glad to to hear that Vesperia is coming stateside. Now, not only will I get to play the best version (in terms of content anyway), but maybe I'll actually get to finish it without having to deal with the issues I had on my 360.

I don't know much about Graces F but it's it's being developed by the same team as Symphonia (and Vesperia), I'm definitely excited.

Wouldn't it be awesome if they released both games in one package at a budget price?:hot:

It was only a matter of time for Vesperia to come to the US since they did all the english voicing for the extras the PS3 version has a while back.

No way Namco will be dumb enough to release Veperia with Graces coming out. It'll only hurt the sales of Graces.

Tweet: "Those weren't Vesperia logos, only massively warped TOGF images! I had to make a way to keep fans guessing."

So much RAGE now....oh well, sorry for getting everyone's hopes up on a ToV domestic release for the PS3. :whistle2:(

[quote name='FatBoyInside']Tweet: "Those weren't Vesperia logos, only massively warped TOGF images! I had to make a way to keep fans guessing."

So much RAGE now....oh well, sorry for getting everyone's hopes up on a ToV domestic release for the PS3. :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

Wow... it's like Namco is purposely trying to piss everyone off. Why wouldn't they want to release Vesperia here in NA? I just don't get it.

EDIT* Wait... there's no way they warped the logo for ToGF so much that there's clearly "ria" in that image. Your inverted image clearly shows it was from Vesperia. You can even see the Japanese (I'm assuming it's Japanese) text underneath the "ria".

[quote name='Vinny']Wow... it's like Namco is purposely trying to piss everyone off. Why wouldn't they want to release Vesperia here in NA? I just don't get it.

EDIT* Wait... there's no way they warped the logo for ToGF so much that there's clearly "ria" in that image. Your inverted image clearly shows it was from Vesperia. You can even see the Japanese (I'm assuming it's Japanese) text underneath the "ria".[/QUOTE]
The guy's definitely lying through his teeth:
qwy87a.jpg

[quote name='punkmaggit']I guess Namco doesn't want my money. Officially boycotting Graces f until Vesperia is released stateside.[/QUOTE]
Wrong way of boycotting. That will just tell Namco there's one less person interested in the Tales series, making them disinterested in releasing more.

So retarded. Why even fund the english dubbing if they don't plan on a US version? What's the purpose of not releasing it here anyway? It would sell fairly well I'd imagine. I wonder if Microsoft had any hand in this?

[quote name='ssjmichael']So retarded. Why even fund the english dubbing if they don't plan on a US version? What's the purpose of not releasing it here anyway? It would sell fairly well I'd imagine. I wonder if Microsoft had any hand in this?[/QUOTE]
Absolutely none. Otherwise they wouldn't have been able to release it on the PS3. It's simply a matter of choosing to not release it.

I suppose. I was just thinking that they could have tied up some sort of NA exclusivity for the game when the PS3 version was announced.

I'm gonna keep being hopelessly optimistic about Vesperia getting a PS3 release. I have it on 360 but would gladly buy it all over again on PS3 for the extras. (Plus it's an excuse to play through it again, loved that game.) Come on, do it! I hope this is just a tease or a fake out.

Wow, this was a massive disappointment but still no harm done OP. Evidence looked pretty conclusive. Glad Graces is making it over here but not overly-excited about it. Probably a pick up after it hits the sub $25 range.

I feel like I'm missing something here, I know people wanted a Vesperia PS3 localization, but I also saw alot of people making a fuss over how there was no Graces localization... at least ONE of them was announced but now everyone's really pissed off!? Sure it doesn't have the extra content that the PS3 version has, but at least there's SOME form of an localized Tales of Vesperia

I think the thing is that while people are glad that Graces is announced, they already knew it was coming from day one. To be teased about Vesperia coming to the PS3 after being denied by other Namco staff constantly despite a large amount of demand, makes the whole thing kind of a dick move.

It's basically saying "Hey, we know you want this, too. You want it? Nah, just kidding. It's just the game you already guessed was coming." Fans had been asking for the PS3 version for a long time. They were especially not pleased to find out the 360 version was nothing more than a mere beta.

[quote name='Ilikecoldbeverages']I feel like I'm missing something here, I know people wanted a Vesperia PS3 localization, but I also saw alot of people making a fuss over how there was no Graces localization... at least ONE of them was announced but now everyone's really pissed off!? Sure it doesn't have the extra content that the PS3 version has, but at least there's SOME form of an localized Tales of Vesperia[/QUOTE]

I don't understand it either. By the time Tales of Graces F is released, it will have been 3 years since we've had a Tales game released in America. I've sort of lost all hope that we'd ever see another Tales game released here at all.

I'm just thankful that Namco is releasing a new Tales game. Hopefully Graces does well and we'll see Xillia released too.

As one of the greatest Tales fans out there, I'm outraged.

I'm going to boycott this game until we get Tales of Graces Wii with English/Japanese voices and all Japanese DLC for free, Tales of Graces F with English/Japanese voices and all Japanese DLC for free, and Tale of Vesperia PS3 with English/Japanese voice and all Japanese DLC for free.

Then I'll buy it once it hits $20.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']As one of the greatest Tales fans out there, I'm outraged.

I'm going to boycott this game until we get Tales of Graces Wii with English/Japanese voices and all Japanese DLC for free, Tales of Graces F with English/Japanese voices and all Japanese DLC for free, and Tale of Vesperia PS3 with English/Japanese voice and all Japanese DLC for free.

Then I'll buy it once it hits $20.[/QUOTE]
:applause: Sounds about right with how they're acting.

[quote name='Ilikecoldbeverages']I feel like I'm missing something here, I know people wanted a Vesperia PS3 localization, but I also saw alot of people making a fuss over how there was no Graces localization... at least ONE of them was announced but now everyone's really pissed off!? Sure it doesn't have the extra content that the PS3 version has, but at least there's SOME form of an localized Tales of Vesperia[/QUOTE]

Maybe if that FifitieRich guy didn't add the Vesperia logo and acted like it didnt happen people won't be upset

[quote name='62t']Maybe if that FifitieRich guy didn't add the Vesperia logo and acted like it didnt happen people won't be upset[/QUOTE]

That's basically why I'm pissed. It's CLEARLY there... either he really thinks everybody is as stupid as he is or he thinks he is some kind of Photoshop master.

I dunno what's worse. Being trolled by Scamco over tales of Vesperia or being a Sega fan and wondering the fate of SHENMOO or being an SNK fan and waiting for a console port of King of Fighters XIII

I think the "s" needs to be removed from the title. The Namco guy is an ass and an even bigger liar.

I'm going to get Graces, but the dude should know better.

If both had been announced, I'd have bought both day-1 - ToV 360 is the best JRPG so far this gen imo, hands down.

That said, I can't help but agree with some of the more level-headed responses here. If I *had* to choose, I'd rather have the completely new game. I don't know why ppl thought Graces F was a lock from the beginning (did Namco ever say this?) but I don't see ANY Tales game as a sure thing until they give it an official release announcement - so this is still very good news in my book. And even tho I've read (and drooled over) the extensive list of things added to Vesperia for the PS3, I think calling the 360 version a "beta" as many have done (not just here) is ridiculous.

So as soon as they list this on Amazon, I'll be voting with my dollars. If they happen to announce a CE of it as well, I'll even "vote" a little more. ;) Glass-half-full, folks.

[quote name='62t']Maybe if that FifitieRich guy didn't add the Vesperia logo and acted like it didnt happen people won't be upset[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Vinny']That's basically why I'm pissed. It's CLEARLY there... either he really thinks everybody is as stupid as he is or he thinks he is some kind of Photoshop master.[/QUOTE]
Yep, I think people would've been pissed had he just owned up to his mistake, but blatantly lying and saying there wasn't a ToV logo was like throwing water on a grease fire. The thing is, all the images that were distorted got title announcements except ToV. So maybe something happened where they were supposed to announce it, but at the last minute got told they couldn't... I don't know, just doesn't make sense.

That being said, as pissed as I am about ToV, I will still be picking up Graces day 1.

Honestly havent played through any of them, but I did play about an hour of Vesperia and I really was liking it. Would have definitely bought it for PS3. Not excited for Graces F...guess I'll wait for reviews but to me it didnt seem to look very good.

[quote name='Paco']I dunno what's worse. Being trolled by Scamco over tales of Vesperia or being a Sega fan and wondering the fate of SHENMOO or being an SNK fan and waiting for a console port of King of Fighters XIII[/QUOTE]
Problem with Shenmue is that it's kinda everyone's fault. Sega stupidly chose to release Shenmue II in the US on the Xbox, back when everyone originally thought that an American console would never go anywhere, rather than the Dreamcast like Europe and Japan. Then you also have the people who opted not to buy it, thus it selling worse than the first. :(

[quote name='DarkSageRK']As one of the greatest Tales fans out there, I'm outraged.

Then I'll buy it once it hits $20.[/QUOTE]

Yep, and then that'll show Namco! They'll never bring another Tales game over here when we don't buy this release.

Let's do it!

I've played ToV on the 360 plenty, and it's widely available. Yet all this whining for the PS3 version is getting pretty out of hand.

Can't wait to get Graces F on day one.

Some people may not have 360's or want to play it on 360. Plus, the PS3 version has a lot more content.

[quote name='Amblix']Yep, and then that'll show Namco! They'll never bring another Tales game over here when we don't buy this release.

Let's do it!

I've played ToV on the 360 plenty, and it's widely available. Yet all this whining for the PS3 version is getting pretty out of hand.

Can't wait to get Graces F on day one.

Seems like I'm the only one who thought there was no way ToV PS3 would be coming over. They pretty much told you what was coming over the first day they teased it. Everything after that was just Namco trolling the people dumb enough to read too much into it...

bread's done
Back