The White Stripes disband

I saw them in concert on their last tour. thank god. it was awesome.

Great band, I recommend that any fans watch their "concert film/documentary" "Under the Great Northern Lights" because it is

1. awesome
2. you will see exactly why by the end of the film this was definitely going to happen, there is a reason they can no longer co-exist.

I've been bummed out today because of this :( I'm going to track down a Blu copy of Under Great White Northern Lights.

Disappointing as I had hoped that they'd announce a new album this year or next, or at least wanted one more album of material. I can't see I didn't see this coming.

Sad news. They canceled on Austin City Limits one year. Raconteurs rolled through the year before, and that was a killer concert, so I guess that's some consolation.

H'ah well. I'll follow Jack regardless.

[quote name='DestroVega']I saw them in concert on their last tour. thank god. it was awesome.

Great band, I recommend that any fans watch their "concert film/documentary" "Under the Great Northern Lights" because it is

1. awesome
2. you will see exactly why by the end of the film this was definitely going to happen, there is a reason they can no longer co-exist.[/QUOTE]

i dont plan on seeing the film but now im curious so why is it that they cant coexist?

[quote name='Clak']Jack is a great guitarist, but I never liked the Stripes personally.[/QUOTE]

He is when he doesn't do that Jimmy Page, Neil Young, or Hendrix style sloppy play that Page, Neil and Jimi could pull off, but White just sounds like my dad trying to play my guitar when he does that. Like the later albums, where the freakout solo would derail the whole song because it didn't fit.

Never heard a White Stripes song, but honestly this sort of thing happens all the time... give them a few years and they will be happy to gouge you for reunion tour tickets.

^ nope, they just stopped touring and recording, while Jack did Dead Weather and Racontuers. The thought was they would get back into the studio sometime this year, and they decided to just not get back to work at all.

Always been a big fan sad they split.. Was just talking about them the other day with a guy at work talking about who needs to make another album... :(

bread's done
Back