Best Buy Return Policy changes again, photo ID required for returns and exchanges

Probably be store wide, but when I was in their earlier to purchase Alice in Wonderland, I noticed by the front registers and customer service signs that read an ID will be required for all returns.

Best Buy now joins the list of retailers I will be avoiding.

If you aren't doing anything wrong, then you have nothing to worry about. And there's already a thread for this.

It's a useless store anyway. A lack of sales on games means I've stayed away for a while. Their recent sale caught me off guard so I was able to waste a gift card I had, but even that was a small battle as they almost didn't let me get the DJH2 bundle (it doesn't count as a game?).

Movies are useless. Music and PC components are cheaper online. It boggles the mind this place stays in business they way they operate. Nevermind the goons on the floor trying to help.

It must be a fairly new policy then, since two weeks ago I wasn't required to provide an ID when I returned a Bioshock 2 LE from the B2G1 sale. But when I tried returning Red Dead Redemption from the same sale last week(since I just got a copy from Gamestop's one sale and didn't need it) I was told I needed to show ID.

You can thank the folks that commit return fraud for this new policy being enforced. Like Ziv said if your not doing anything wrong then why fret about it?

No way! Best Buy can't!

(By the way, here's the other thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=286240)

My only problem with Best Buy is that they have no competition anymore in most places, so they don't have to do anything to get the mass majority of people in their stores.

The sad fact is that I know more on a bad day about most of their products than the idiots that work at the closest Best Buy do. Last time I was shopping for laptops (I was in the same plaza as the Best Buy and was bored), the idiots working kept hocking their financing plans and all that. Funny thing was that the laptop I was looking at wouldn't have qualified anyway. The guy nearly looked crushed when I told him I wasn't buying anything that day.

1134492_o.gif

I figured Best Buy already tracked returns through the rewards program and credit card transactions there. I guess you could avoid the rewards program and pay in cash. Oh well, like everyone else has said nothing to worry about if you're not doing anything questionable.

Its sad that policies like this are needed to keep bonehead's from taking advantage of the system. And for the honest customers, it just creates more of a hassle..

Honestly, it's not that crazy, and not that much of a hassle. I used to work at Finish Line, and we'd always require IDs. But all we'd do is scan the barcode on the back, get a phone number, and that's it. An extra 30 seconds maybe?
I just don't see how anybody can complain about this. I don't blame them for protecting themselves, it's stupid people that ruin it (as people have said).

I can't see how anyone would make an issue with this, unless they're trying to pull something funny.

Non-issue for 99.999% of the customers out there.

other than that if it's a media type product cd/dvd based, they can just open it up in front of your face to make sure it's not a return fraud. No suprise here...

Walmart already has this policy, and doesn't drive away people yet for that reason.

Although they have many more other reasons that drive people away, such as, the place is a shithole.

I take more issue with that Ozzy vs Bieber super bowl commercial TBH. Either way, just shop Amazon since they match all the weekly prices. Far less hassle and there's never going to be a reason to shop at BB again since they ended free game coupon mix-ups.

Keep raging against that machine people who hate BB. I do get a kick out of people trying to find something to hate more about any retailer. Doesn't affect me as this should be a retail wide policy anyway for any store to get rid of people being douches.

Speaking of Worst Buy, Consumer Reports tested Worst Buy's buy back program, turns out like many of Worst Buys policies, its a rip off.

Never thought I would see Worst Buy surpass GameStop in terms of ripping off cunsumers.:whistle2:#

I can see how this policy is ok if you don't have a receipt ...but if you used a CC for the purchase, that should be enough for them to track down the ticket. They are probably trying to keep more tabs on people who return stuff vs buy stuff from BB. I know Microcenter keeps track of this shit and has a Sold Items / Return Items amount on people's account... That's just plan fucking annoying.

bread's done
Back