- - - - -

$20 Barnes & Noble Gift Card for $10 at Groupon - Valid In-store and Online

#91 Mikocouch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   943 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 04 February 2011 - 09:18 AM

is there any way to get around the shippinh costs for the games?

#92 ShockandAww   Truth is treason CAGiversary!   7456 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

ShockandAww

Posted 04 February 2011 - 09:23 AM

How much is shipping on games? I dont know if I want to waste the time for this. Pretty sweet though if you can do preorders.

Edit: I see it's $3 standard shipping for a game.

#93 APreciousDragon   The cake is a lie! CAGiversary!   781 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

APreciousDragon

Posted 04 February 2011 - 09:32 AM

Anyone know if these will attach to your B&N account so that you can buy ebooks? I'd like to have some of these for buying books for my Nook, but am concerned that I would be limited to 3, or even just the one? I was hoping to get 5 and load up my Nook! :)

#94 etcrane   A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee CAGiversary!   4940 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 04 February 2011 - 09:32 AM

So once these are confirmed and printed, there really isn't anything Groupon can do to deactivate or refund them right? I know LivingSocial canceled a bunch of the Amazon codes but it seems like Groupon is too efficient and fast for it's own good .. unless somehow they can auto cancel coupons that have already been created?

#95 R3DH3R0   14 Years and Counting CAGiversary!   2834 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 04 February 2011 - 09:35 AM

So once these are confirmed and printed, there really isn't anything Groupon can do to deactivate or refund them right? I know LivingSocial canceled a bunch of the Amazon codes but it seems like Groupon is too efficient and fast for it's own good .. unless somehow they can auto cancel coupons that have already been created?

I don't know, but I made two orders on B&N.com, and one says it's already shipping soon. The other wont ship for a week because it's a game preorder.

#96 ShockandAww   Truth is treason CAGiversary!   7456 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

ShockandAww

Posted 04 February 2011 - 09:46 AM

Well one of you is talking about groupon and the other about B&N, but no I highly doubt groupon can do anything once you get them. Also a memo apparently went out to B&N saying these are to be treated like gift cards in store so there shouldnt be an issue there. Theres a post on SD with the memo that went out.

And online it's 3 per order. I'd doubt B&N will give a crap since they probably already got their money from Groupon for this deal.

I dont know anything for a fact though so take that for what its worth.

#97 etcrane   A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee CAGiversary!   4940 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 04 February 2011 - 09:58 AM

I didn't really even want a Nook Color, but I know my mom really liked it when she saw it over the Holidays .. so it's worth a shot ... I didn't try on the Amazon deal a couple weeks ago, but this seems like a good day to gamble

#98 Parkerktm   CAGtastic! CAGiversary!   806 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 04 February 2011 - 10:06 AM

so i can't use these to get kinect for half price?

#99 ShockandAww   Truth is treason CAGiversary!   7456 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

ShockandAww

Posted 04 February 2011 - 10:11 AM

I wouldnt attempt it but its possible it might possibly work in store. Again I wouldnt try it..

#100 etcrane   A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee CAGiversary!   4940 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 04 February 2011 - 10:12 AM

http://videogames.ba...=1&USRI=kinnect

But you can only get it for $30 off with the 3 coupon limit online ... so no, you can't get it for 50% off, unless you feel like buying things and returning them for giftcards.

#101 Parkerktm   CAGtastic! CAGiversary!   806 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 04 February 2011 - 10:34 AM

okay thank you

#102 dino88   Fa Fa Fo Hi CAGiversary!   3241 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 04 February 2011 - 10:35 AM

I wouldnt attempt it but its possible it might possibly work in store. Again I wouldnt try it..

They don't sell it in store.

#103 gunstar808   Capitalism, Ho! CAGiversary!   1034 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 04 February 2011 - 10:42 AM

So just to make sure, before I jump in. I can buy 3 of these deals by changing the city, then order Dead Space 2 for effectively $30+s/h? Seems like a good deal.

-

#104 R3DH3R0   14 Years and Counting CAGiversary!   2834 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 04 February 2011 - 10:47 AM

So just to make sure, before I jump in. I can buy 3 of these deals by changing the city, then order Dead Space 2 for effectively $30+s/h? Seems like a good deal.

-

I bought Mario Sports Mix preorder, so yes, it works on games.

#105 ShockandAww   Truth is treason CAGiversary!   7456 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

ShockandAww

Posted 04 February 2011 - 10:50 AM

-

I can confirm it's working up through checkout. Now the only thing that can go wrong is B&N cancels orders. If they do, I am royally fucked. I doubt theyd do that though as the coupons are working just like a gift card at checkout.

If not, I'm placing all my preorders for the year right now. $36.91 for each game isnt bad imo.

#106 etcrane   A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee CAGiversary!   4940 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 04 February 2011 - 11:19 AM

Not that I'm advocating this ... but the return policy for games bought on B&N.com is that you have 30 days to return it to Gamestop ... *cough*1/2off3DS*cough* ;)

#107 gunstar808   Capitalism, Ho! CAGiversary!   1034 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 04 February 2011 - 11:19 AM

Bleh, after buying the 3 groupon coupons, I placed the order only to find out s/h + tax was like $9. Getting Dead Space 2 for $39 is still a decent price I suppose.

Not that I'm advocating this ... but the return policy for games bought on B&N.com is that you have 30 days to return it to Gamestop ... *cough*1/2off3DS*cough* ;)

Hmm am I understanding your implication that we can return the discounted purchases from B&N for full price at GS? Interesting.

-

#108 Altanis   Banned Banned   1738 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Altanis

Posted 04 February 2011 - 12:31 PM

:rofl:
Apparently this is now the Tallahassee deal of the day (it wasn't last I saw the Tallahassee page) and only 34 have been bought.

#109 blindinglights   ... CAGiversary!   4579 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

blindinglights

Posted 04 February 2011 - 01:04 PM

From the sound of some of the posts, am I understanding correctly that you get the gift card immediately?

Just don't want to play the waiting game like the Living Social deal.

Edit: Just read that the Nook Color was pulled from shelves yesterday to try to correct the problem with it being able to be rooted. Since buying a Nook and rooting it was exactly what I was planning on doing, I guess I'll pass :-(.

#110 DrowVampyre   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   162 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

DrowVampyre

Posted 04 February 2011 - 01:09 PM

Ok, so just to let people know...yes, you get the card automatically. And for people wanting to buy more than $60 items? I just spoke with a Barnes and Noble CSR at their phone number, and she told me that if you choose pay by phone, when you call in you can use any number of gift cards on your order.

#111 ObsidianSpire   in the shadow realm CAGiversary!   1581 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

ObsidianSpire

Posted 04 February 2011 - 01:09 PM

Bleh, after buying the 3 groupon coupons, I placed the order only to find out s/h + tax was like $9. Getting Dead Space 2 for $39 is still a decent price I suppose.

Hmm am I understanding your implication that we can return the discounted purchases from B&N for full price at GS? Interesting.

-

If that implication is true, I'll buy a couple things and return them :)

#112 Altanis   Banned Banned   1738 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Altanis

Posted 04 February 2011 - 01:10 PM

edit- bleh.

It's only immediately if their system isn't swamped like it is. I ordered at like... 9 or 10 last night and got the email at like 5am.

#113 ShockandAww   Truth is treason CAGiversary!   7456 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

ShockandAww

Posted 04 February 2011 - 01:24 PM

Well I preordered 5 games and got a couple books. I'm good for now.

And lol @ calling in with the gift cards.

"Yes I'd like a Nintendo 3DS preorder. I'll be paying by gift card. multiple gift cards actually. 13 of them to be precise...

Yes I know it's 19 digits for each and every one of th... *click*

hello? Hello?!"

#114 DrowVampyre   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   162 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

DrowVampyre

Posted 04 February 2011 - 01:47 PM

Well I preordered 5 games and got a couple books. I'm good for now.

And lol @ calling in with the gift cards.

"Yes I'd like a Nintendo 3DS preorder. I'll be paying by gift card. multiple gift cards actually. 13 of them to be precise...

Yes I know it's 19 digits for each and every one of th... *click*

hello? Hello?!"

I thought the same...but I just did it. And it's an automated system - you punch them all in on the keypad, never even have to talk to a person. I now have a 250gb Xbox 360 headed my way for a total of $140 including 2 day shipping and tax.

#115 ShockandAww   Truth is treason CAGiversary!   7456 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

ShockandAww

Posted 04 February 2011 - 01:48 PM

I thought the same...but I just did it. And it's an automated system - you punch them all in on the keypad, never even have to talk to a person. I now have a 250gb Xbox 360 headed my way for a total of $140 including 2 day shipping and tax.

Im on it!

edit: shit the site isnt loading my coupons now. processing forever...either its going real slow or I need to call my CC company..

Edited by ShockandAww, 04 February 2011 - 02:03 PM.

#116 Velo214   Chilln like a Villain CAGiversary!   8529 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 February 2011 - 02:05 PM

what 5 games did you preorder?

#117 ShockandAww   Truth is treason CAGiversary!   7456 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

ShockandAww

Posted 04 February 2011 - 02:26 PM

what 5 games did you preorder?

Uncharted 3, Tomb Raider, Infamous 2, Bulletstorm, and Skyrim

Was going to order The Last Guardian and Batman but they dont have TLG and I cant cancel my Amazon order for Batman since I used promotions on it.

I only ordered Bulletstorm since it releases soon. I want to make sure it works.

Edit: So yeah had to call the CC company. Now I dont know if I want the 3DS or just a couple more games instead...agh

#118 Velo214   Chilln like a Villain CAGiversary!   8529 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 February 2011 - 02:37 PM

how long does it take you to get the groupon codes once you purchase them. i decided to get skyrim and uncharted 3 also. i was thinking of dragon age2 but you know that will have a goty/dlc version eventually...

#119 DrowVampyre   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   162 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

DrowVampyre

Posted 04 February 2011 - 02:38 PM

I got mine immediately, but some people seem to be having issues with it, so it may vary...

#120 ShockandAww   Truth is treason CAGiversary!   7456 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

ShockandAww

Posted 04 February 2011 - 02:42 PM

how long does it take you to get the groupon codes once you purchase them. i decided to get skyrim and uncharted 3 also. i was thinking of dragon age2 but you know that will have a goty/dlc version eventually...

Almost immediately for me. I'm not sure that you can still buy multiples (by using one account and several cities) though. Someone on SD said they put an end to it.