Singularity - $15.99 w/FS Newegg.com (PS3/360)

I just finished this game a few days ago. I beat it in two sitting. It takes about 8-10 hours to beat. It's pretty decent. Decent enough for me to beat it in two sittings but there's not replay value at all. The multi player is super basic. It's on PS2 level type of multi player gameplay so that's not something to get the game for. There's no chapter select or cut scene review so you'll have to actually play though game all over again to review previous chapters or have multiple save files for every chapter. I think I paid about the same price and I thought it was worth the $15 and the play through. As soon as I beat it I traded it on Goozex for 600.

I've heard the game compared to Bioshock. Can anyone who's played the game explain the similarities between the two games?

Figures it's sold out for PS3... must be a sign.

They also have SOCOM Confrontation for PS3 for $15.99, Black OPs PC for $37.99, and STALKER PC for 9.99.

[quote name='Camwi']I've heard the game compared to Bioshock. Can anyone who's played the game explain the similarities between the two games?[/QUOTE]

It's been a while since I have played it, but they have a similar atmosphere to them. There are also audio logs and notes scattered around that help tell the story. Kind of hard for me to explain but watch any video review and you should get the gist of what I'm saying. I liked the game and don't regret getting it when it came out.

[quote name='Camwi']I've heard the game compared to Bioshock. Can anyone who's played the game explain the similarities between the two games?[/QUOTE]

The game is similiar to Bioshock due to the Audio Logs, atmosphere(really weird and creepy in a dark sense), and you can use time manipulation device on your hand to effect your enemies. So like Bioshock it is a hybrid shooter except it is a time manipulation device compared to plasmids. Fun game with great pacing but a little on the short side with no replay value and a horrible ending. Though definitely worth that price!

[quote name='3rdbass']The game is similiar to Bioshock due to the Audio Logs, atmosphere(really weird and creepy in a dark sense), and you can use time manipulation device on your hand to effect your enemies. So like Bioshock it is a hybrid shooter except it is a time manipulation device compared to plasmids. Fun game with great pacing but a little on the short side with no replay value and a horrible ending. Though definitely worth that price![/QUOTE]

How's the multiplayer?

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']How's the multiplayer?[/QUOTE]
Never tried it but I know it is similiar to DS2 where one side is humans and the other side is creatures. I heard there were only a couple modes also available and from reading the forums on gamespot there it is basically a ghost town now. You will really just be getting this for the 8-10 hours SP campaign. Good game and definitely worth the purchase as the game is a little different than your typical shooter and actually has a decent story. Though if you have a huge backlog you could probably wait for it to get to around $10 if you really want to be a CAG. LOL.

[quote name='3rdbass']Never tried it but I know it is similiar to DS2 where one side is humans and the other side is creatures. I heard there were only a couple modes also available and from reading the forums on gamespot there it is basically a ghost town now. You will really just be getting this for the 8-10 hours SP campaign. Good game and definitely worth the purchase as the game is a little different than your typical shooter and actually has a decent story. Though if you have a huge backlog you could probably wait for it to get to around $10 if you really want to be a CAG. LOL.[/QUOTE]

Will wait for the inevitable super cheap Steam sale.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Will wait for the inevitable super cheap Steam sale.[/QUOTE]

I feel like it's going to take a while, what with constant deals on the console versions but nary a price drop for PC :[

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Will wait for the inevitable super cheap Steam sale.[/QUOTE]

me too, speaking of which when is the next big Steam sale?

Nice price, probably within $8 as cheap as it'll ever get on 360. Ordered, thanks for the heads up!

Decent game, a good buy if you are in the mood for a slightly Bioshock-ish FPS.

Too bad the multiplayer is dead, it was pretty fun. I think it was overall better than the Dead Space 2 multiplayer.

Ugggh, I don't know if I should get this. I do kinda want the game but I also want the platinum and online seems like a huge grind.

fuck it, I bought it.

The online is actually easy, if you play 100 matches you'll def get all the online trophies/achievements (except 1).

I bought it for x360 used for $10 from gamefly and been having a blast with the online. I still mess with it when I get owned too much on black ops or halo reach. There are ppl playing multiplayer every night.

[quote name='bh47']The online is actually easy, if you play 100 matches you'll def get all the online trophies/achievements (except 1).

I bought it for x360 used for $10 from gamefly and been having a blast with the online. I still mess with it when I get owned too much on black ops or halo reach. There are ppl playing multiplayer every night.[/QUOTE]

Well, the problem is having enough people to play those matches (I got the PS3 version), although other people have said they're still playing so maybe dead just means not popular.

I can even find people playing Call of Duty 2 still. I doubt that the online community for a game like this can be completely "dead". It isn't Rogue Warrior. >:O

[quote name='3rdbass']The game is similiar to Bioshock due to the Audio Logs, atmosphere(really weird and creepy in a dark sense), and you can use time manipulation device on your hand to effect your enemies. So like Bioshock it is a hybrid shooter except it is a time manipulation device compared to plasmids. Fun game with great pacing but a little on the short side with no replay value and a horrible ending. Though definitely worth that price![/QUOTE]

There are three possible endings sorta Bioshock2 ish. I paid 20 bucks for it at Newegg early December and felt it was worth it.

They are good with shipping. I ordered mine yesterday and they already shipped it and sent me the tracking numbers.

does this include the code for a free copy of prototype as well and if so can the code still be used?

[quote name='Techman16']does this include the code for a free copy of prototype as well and if so can the code still be used?[/QUOTE]

That ended last year. I believe August 31st was the last day to send it in.

I ordered one for 360. I'm looking forward to this one. Can't really beat $15.99 with free shipping and no tax.
Thank you OP.

[quote name='TylerDurden313']Ordered PS3 version 4 days ago. Still waiting for shipped confirmation and tracking #.[/QUOTE]
I ordered on Friday (also PS3) and mine has not shipped yet either. This is pretty weird based on previous experience with Newegg.

[quote name='TylerDurden313']Ordered PS3 version 4 days ago. Still waiting for shipped confirmation and tracking #.[/QUOTE]

360 version and same. Usually newegg has been faster with this stuff...

I just recently beat this game and thought it was great. I have suggestion though -- if you have any experience playing FPS games at all, play this game on the Hard difficulty setting.

[quote name='ShirtSizeXXXLXT']I ordered one for 360. I'm looking forward to this one. Can't really beat $15.99 with free shipping and no tax.
Thank you OP.[/QUOTE]
I second that motion, In for 1 as well...

I've heard quite a few complaints about games taking awhile from Newegg. I've never ordered a game from them, but maybe a third party handles that part of the business? I've placed dozens of orders for computer stuff over the years and they always seem to ship quickly. My parents live in PA and Newegg has a warehouse in NJ. Everything my dad has ever ordered by late afternoon has come the next day when shipped ground.

[quote name='Jigen']Actually scratch that. Got my copy in the mail today. The tracking didn't work at all.[/QUOTE]
Their tracking is usually all borked, but I generally get things fast from Newegg.

bread's done
Back