Anyone ever check used games they buy for goodies?

Jackie Chandler

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
And if so, got any stories to tell? ;) I've personally never found anything in used games I've bought, but I've heard of crazy things like people finding used condoms and $20 bills in their instruction manuals.

So, if you have any stories, feel free to tell them! And if you haven't checked them, what are you waiting for? :3

Usually just bits and pieces of weed behind the cover insert. I use game cases for breaking up buds sometimes, so I guess it's not really that crazy.

When I worked at blockbuster we had a few movie and game returns with weird stuff. Once had a movie come back with a bunch of pubic hair in it. People don't seem to understand that we know who had the movie.

[quote name='GrilledWitOnions']When I worked at blockbuster we had a few movie and game returns with weird stuff. Once had a movie come back with a bunch of pubic hair in it. People don't seem to understand that we know who had the movie.[/QUOTE]
what the fuck :hot::cold:

I once purchased a used game from Blockbuster and it had a live cockroach crawling inside the case. It was one of those Blockbuster cases that have the opening on the bottom so I would imagine it crawled in there from the store. The sick thing is that the games in that store were near the candy section.

Nothing in a used game, but I did get a non-Blockbuster copy of Gran Turismo 3 stuck underneath the game I actually rented.

Never got any goodies, but it is funny when the "notes" section will be filled out or the person has a little hand-written strategy guide or password sheet.

I also like finding the old receipts from places like Kiddy City or KB Toys, when the people paid like 60-80 dollars for a Genesis game.

I have found dead cockroach eggs in a used gameshark I bought from a garage sale, I took it apart to clean it properly before testing. Does that count as a used game bonus?

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Never got any goodies, but it is funny when the "notes" section will be filled out or the person has a little hand-written strategy guide or password sheet.

I also like finding the old receipts from places like Kiddy City or KB Toys, when the people paid like 60-80 dollars for a Genesis game.[/QUOTE]

My grandpa had a big NES collection that I took over when it came time, and this is what the inside of every manual looks like:
QHAue.jpg

If he ran out of room in the notes section:
CEG6e.jpg

[quote name='shigster']I took it apart to clean it properly before testing. [/QUOTE]

The Gameshark or the cockroach egg?

I once bought a pre-owned copy of Resident Evil DS from a gamestop in a mall in Oakland,CA. Inside this game case I found a small sticky note that said " First time with Ruby March 17th, 2007 I remember it was good for me but it hurt her a lot I hope she is ready again to try this" I think it was a guy writing on a sticky note about his first time with his gf I guess I just threw it out and enjoyed my Resident Evil DS

Nothing good seems to come from finding an "extra" with your used game purchase. Especially those cockroach eggs.
:puke:

Only thing was buying a used copy of Evolution 2 for the DC. back Gamestop was getting rid of that stuff... got home, took off the tape and opened it, and the original Evolution disc fell out. I didn't have either one, so I was pretty happy to find that. ;)

[quote name='Rozz']I once purchased a used game from Blockbuster and it had a live cockroach crawling inside the case. It was one of those Blockbuster cases that have the opening on the bottom so I would imagine it crawled in there from the store. The sick thing is that the games in that store were near the candy section.[/QUOTE]

You should of kept the roach for a pet. That's a bond you can't fake my friend. Force him to live in the box. Leave him food every once and a while. Let him run around for a few minutes.

I bought a "new" copy of Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee for really cheap, a few years back, at GameStop, and there were notes written, by me, in the manual from when I traded it in a few months earlier.

Spider egg sac (empty
hide.gif
)
Receipts
demo disc, not game (wtf Blockbuster)
3D glasses
stick of gum (Fruit Stripe)
ZoE 2, instead of MGS2 demo in ZoE (score!)

My best find came one day when I opened the store and was filing away the previous day's trades. There was a copy of 007 The World is Not Enough for PS1.. and underneath that disc in the case was a disc only copy (obviously) of Intelligent Qube!

bread's done
Back