help ima about to buy a debt bringer!!!!

xenoman80

CAGiversary!
the labtop is for me and my mom shes going to use it for school typing up essays and papers and stuff and me for gaming and watching movies and listening to music!!! so below is my choice of laptop from dell but thers so many others stuff i can add that i dont know if i need to get i put down the list help me get the right stuff for my labtop!!!

im getting the dell Inspiron XPS Gen 2 havnt purchased it yet hoping to hear last min thoughts. are there any discounts avalible??
heres some stuff that i can add to my purchase that i might go with give me a yes or no if this stuff is really nessary!! u guys all ready no im planning to buy a few games to break in my laptop like half life 1 and 2 and counter strike and doom and call of duty.
heres the extras
1) Single Channel USB2.0 TV Tuner with remote for Windows XP Media Center 2005 [add $149 or $4/month2]

2) SAVE $100 (after rebate) 4Yr Ltd Warranty,At-Home Srvc + Nights and Weekend [add $399 or $12/month2] Dell Recommended

3)Add CompleteCare Accidental Damage Service to 4Yr Lim Warranty [add $119 or $3/month2] Dell Recommended

4)Memory
1= 512MB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz 2 Dimm
2= 1GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz 2 Dimm [add $200 or $6/month2]
3= 2GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz 2 Dimm [add $750 or $22/month2]
4)Hard Drive
1= 60GB Hard Drive
2= 60GB 7200rpm Hard Drive [add $99 or $3/month2
3= 80GB Hard Drive [add $49 or $1/month2]
4= 100GB Hard Drive [add $129 or $3/month2]

5) External Sound Card
1= Creative Audigy 2NX External USB [add $100 or $3/month2]
2= Inspire P7800 with Sound Blaster Audigy 2 NX [add $199 or $6/month2]

so can you help me guys!!!!!!!! what do you guys think i need i know ill be able to use microsoft word and excel and stuff like that but all these other features and accessorys do i really need for gaming??

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Labtops are overrated. They have newer, smaller versions that'll fit on your lap called "laptops." You should check one out.[/quote]lol yea but can u help me!!

[quote name='xenoman80'][quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Labtops are overrated. They have newer, smaller versions that'll fit on your lap called "laptops." You should check one out.[/quote]lol yea but can u help me!![/quote]

Yes, this site should be a big help.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky'][quote name='xenoman80'][quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Labtops are overrated. They have newer, smaller versions that'll fit on your lap called "laptops." You should check one out.[/quote]lol yea but can u help me!![/quote]

Yes, this site should be a big help.[/quote]
i have no time for english when my gaming is in jerpordy !!!!!!

you chose to get a laptop you think will be able to game, mistake number one.

all those options you have really are a moot point. Memory? 256 in a laptops fine, hdd chances are youll never need 40 gigs even, and an external sound card.... you do know that means youll lug around some ugly looking box that plugs into ur pc?

mistake number three, spending your parents hard earned money on an uneccesary "toy"

solution, just tell your mom to go to best buy and buy one of the 500 dollar hps that are always on sale. They are well worth it.

[quote name='BasketCase1080']you chose to get a laptop you think will be able to game, mistake number one.

all those options you have really are a moot point. Memory? 256 in a laptops fine, hdd chances are youll never need 40 gigs even, and an external sound card.... you do know that means youll lug around some ugly looking box that plugs into ur pc?

mistake number three, spending your parents hard earned money on an uneccesary "toy"

solution, just tell your mom to go to best buy and buy one of the 500 dollar hps that are always on sale. They are well worth it.[/quote]
honesty hurts so much o well gaming numbs all pain so can ya help me!!!

If you'r going to be playing games like Half Life 2 on that computer I would recomend getting 1 GB of RAM. Also, go for the 100 GB HDD. Games and other programs keep on getting bigger and bigger, and if your going to get a TV Tuner your going to want lots of room on your hard drive to record shows.

Dude...you're getting a Dell.

Anyway, I really hope you don't get your ummm...hopes...up gaming with a laptop. You'll be quickly annoyed at how your rig can't handle X game at Y release. If that's not your main priority though, then fine.

Also, I'd get a minimum of 512MB of RAM. But adding $200 for 1GB? Ouch.

And depending on how much gaming you plan to do, I'd get as big a HDD as you can. Some game installs now take as much as 5GB. Ouch. Again.

I don't mean to discourage you. I know you've been trying to set this up for a while, but just trying to give you fair warning of what to expect.

my moms needs it for school i think ill just let her get the 500 dollar one and build one from scartch! i just want to play these games doom3,counter strike,far cry and half-life 1 and 2.if i do build a new computer can i get tech support from companys like dell or gateway or am i on my own??

[quote name='xenoman80']my moms needs it for school i think ill just let her get the 500 dollar one and build one from scartch! i just want to play these games doom3,counter strike,far cry and half-life 1 and 2.if i do build a new computer can i get tech support from companys like dell or gateway or am i on my own??[/quote]???? AM I ON MY OWN??

[quote name='xenoman80'][quote name='xenoman80']my moms needs it for school i think ill just let her get the 500 dollar one and build one from scartch! i just want to play these games doom3,counter strike,far cry and half-life 1 and 2.if i do build a new computer can i get tech support from companys like dell or gateway or am i on my own??[/quote]???? AM I ON MY OWN??[/quote]
???????????????????????

[quote name='xenoman80']my moms needs it for school i think ill just let her get the 500 dollar one and build one from scartch! i just want to play these games doom3,counter strike,far cry and half-life 1 and 2.if i do build a new computer can i get tech support from companys like dell or gateway or am i on my own??[/quote]

thats probably the best solution -but you're pretty much on your own unless the tech support person is unbelievably nice. After all, why would they help you if you didnt buy their product?

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Labtops are overrated. They have newer, smaller versions that'll fit on your lap called "laptops." You should check one out.[/quote]

Yeah but the labtops move around on their own four legs and you can teach them tricks and stuff. Plus you can choose a black labtop or a yellow labtop.

[quote name='joevan07'][quote name='xenoman80']my moms needs it for school i think ill just let her get the 500 dollar one and build one from scartch! i just want to play these games doom3,counter strike,far cry and half-life 1 and 2.if i do build a new computer can i get tech support from companys like dell or gateway or am i on my own??[/quote]

thats probably the best solution -but you're pretty much on your own unless the tech support person is unbelievably nice. After all, why would they help you if you didnt buy their product?[/quote]
wow that sucks . so if my pc did crash where would i be able to take it to to get it repaired if need be?? look in the yellow pages?

[quote name='xenoman80'][quote name='joevan07'][quote name='xenoman80']my moms needs it for school i think ill just let her get the 500 dollar one and build one from scartch! i just want to play these games doom3,counter strike,far cry and half-life 1 and 2.if i do build a new computer can i get tech support from companys like dell or gateway or am i on my own??[/quote]

thats probably the best solution -but you're pretty much on your own unless the tech support person is unbelievably nice. After all, why would they help you if you didnt buy their product?[/quote]
wow that sucks . so if my pc did crash where would i be able to take it to to get it repaired if need be?? look in the yellow pages?[/quote]

well, the manufacturers of the individual components will all usually do tech support for their specific productbut on the whole, yea, if something goes wrong, better know somebody that fixes computers. . I recomend doing this only if you have knowledge on how to do it.

i wanna build my computer because that way i know what i can do with the computer and learn how it works and what to upgrade just get a feel for the computer and how it works and also im tired of this crappy ass gateway i have !!!!!!gateway sucks monkey balls!!!

[quote name='epobirs'][quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Labtops are overrated. They have newer, smaller versions that'll fit on your lap called "laptops." You should check one out.[/quote]

Yeah but the labtops move around on their own four legs and you can teach them tricks and stuff. Plus you can choose a black labtop or a yellow labtop.[/quote]

What about chocolate labtops?

dont build your own... if you needed help b4 trying to pick out easy components to build a pc youll just find out that building your own computer will dissapoint you because you dont know what the hell youre doing.

[quote name='BasketCase1080']dont build your own... if you needed help b4 trying to pick out easy components to build a pc youll just find out that building your own computer will dissapoint you because you dont know what the hell youre doing.[/quote]
Yeah, it seems like you don't really even know that much about computers.
Just go for an XPS or something.

Go for a Sager notebook if you want a gaming laptop. People who say laptops aren't for gaming clearly haven't used a Sager before. I own one and smoke 99% of the desktops out there.

[quote name='Wulfshake'][quote name='BasketCase1080']dont build your own... if you needed help b4 trying to pick out easy components to build a pc youll just find out that building your own computer will dissapoint you because you dont know what the hell youre doing.[/quote]
Just go for an XPS or something.[/quote]
your right i really dont but i would like to learn.
i think ill go with the dell Dimension XPS Gen4
but i can add a Pentium® 4 Processor w/ HT Tech Extreme Edition (3.73GHz, 1066 FSB) or should i stick with what it comes with which is IntelTM PentiumTM 4 processor 640 with HT® Technology (3.20GHz, 800 FSB, 2MB L2 cache)??????
o an should i stick with windows xp or the new Microsoft® Windows® XP Media Center Edition ?? is it as easy to use as xp?? is it the same set up????

[quote name='xenoman80'][quote name='Wulfshake'][quote name='BasketCase1080']dont build your own... if you needed help b4 trying to pick out easy components to build a pc youll just find out that building your own computer will dissapoint you because you dont know what the hell youre doing.[/quote]
but i can add a Pentium® 4 Processor w/ HT Tech Extreme Edition (3.73GHz, 1066 FSB) or should i stick with what it comes with which is IntelTM PentiumTM 4 processor 640 with HT® Technology (3.20GHz, 800 FSB, 2MB L2 cache)??????
o an should i stick with windows xp or the new Microsoft® Windows® XP Media Center Edition ?? is it as easy to use as xp?? is it the same set up????[/quote]?????????????????????????? help guys!!!!!

[quote name='xenoman80'][quote name='xenoman80'][quote name='Wulfshake'][quote name='BasketCase1080']dont build your own... if you needed help b4 trying to pick out easy components to build a pc youll just find out that building your own computer will dissapoint you because you dont know what the hell youre doing.[/quote]
o an should i stick with windows xp or the new Microsoft® Windows® XP Media Center Edition ?? is it as easy to use as xp?? is it the same set up????[/quote]?????????????????????????? help guys!!!!![/quote]

3.73, how much?
And Media Center is XP in a sense only with a program called Media Center, I think...

[quote name='shadow9689'][quote name='xenoman80'][quote name='xenoman80'][quote name='Wulfshake'][quote name='BasketCase1080']dont build your own... if you needed help b4 trying to pick out easy components to build a pc youll just find out that building your own computer will dissapoint you because you dont know what the hell youre doing.[/quote]
o an should i stick with windows xp or the new Microsoft® Windows® XP Media Center Edition ?? is it as easy to use as xp?? is it the same set up????[/quote]?????????????????????????? help guys!!!!![/quote]

3.73, how much?
And Media Center is XP in a sense only with a program called Media Center, I think...[/quote] any 1 else???

[quote name='xenoman80'][quote name='shadow9689'][quote name='xenoman80'][quote name='xenoman80'][quote name='Wulfshake'][quote name='BasketCase1080']dont build your own... if you needed help b4 trying to pick out easy components to build a pc youll just find out that building your own computer will dissapoint you because you dont know what the hell youre doing.[/quote]

3.73, how much?
And Media Center is XP in a sense only with a program called Media Center, I think...[/quote] any 1 else???[/quote]??????

[quote name='xenoman80'][quote name='xenoman80'][quote name='shadow9689'][quote name='xenoman80'][quote name='xenoman80'][quote name='Wulfshake'][quote name='BasketCase1080']dont build your own... if you needed help b4 trying to pick out easy components to build a pc youll just find out that building your own computer will dissapoint you because you dont know what the hell youre doing.[/quote]

3.73, how much?
And Media Center is XP in a sense only with a program called Media Center, I think...[/quote] any 1 else???[/quote]??????[/quote] anyone ?????

Mmm how much is the laptop? IF you want gaming go for an alienware.....the laptop only known for gaming...if its like 2gs your spending than go through them...XPS Gen 2 is not a bad laptop..

[quote name='xenoman80'][quote name='xenoman80'][quote name='xenoman80'][quote name='shadow9689'][quote name='xenoman80'][quote name='xenoman80'][quote name='Wulfshake'][quote name='BasketCase1080']dont build your own... if you needed help b4 trying to pick out easy components to build a pc youll just find out that building your own computer will dissapoint you because you dont know what the hell youre doing.[/quote]

3.73, how much?
And Media Center is XP in a sense only with a program called Media Center, I think...[/quote] any 1 else???[/quote]??????[/quote] anyone ?????[/quote]help me bump!!!!

o an should i stick with windows xp or the new Microsoft® Windows® XP Media Center Edition ?? is it as easy to use as xp?? is it the same set up????

That laptop is going to burn your dick off if you try to play games on it. That shit will run hotter than the sun. Buy a desktop.

bread's done
Back