Sacred 2

Rhett

CAGiversary!
Feedback
85 (100%)
Anyone still play it? Picked it up for the second time and enjoying it. Never played online with it, before, due to lack of Gold, but still iffy as it's so specific on who/what you can play with... Also heard of modded items that cause severe lag.

Slowly getting back into it, but I've been playing my level 53 DW Seraphim (up to Gold). I also have a level 40-50 (not sure exactly) fire High Elf (??? :hot:).

I kinda feel bad for trading it off approximately a year ago, as the 360 has no grindy-looty games like this, sadly. At least Torchlight comes out later this month. (hopefully... :bomb:)

I still play it a bit :) I have yet to beat it actually. I get too addicted to just item hunting / trying different characters :) Then a shiny new game comes out and I get sidetracked :p

It is great fun to play co-op though. My sister and I play it a lot, I think we're about 80% through the "Dark" campaign. Online is.. iffy.. because they restrict you by levels so much.

If you like that style, there's also Arkadian Warriors on the arcade (spelling may be off), it's not a perfect game but it's enjoyable

I've bought and sold it four times. I buy it, then I sit there for 47 straight hours and say "no, I'll never get anything done again!" Then I sell it, then a couple weeks later "well, it's only $17.99, and I already have the carrier imp..." That's why I like Epic Dungeon so much, you only get one life so you die and get pissed and actually turn it off. With Sacred you say things like "well, in six more levels I can use these socketed wristguards I just picked up, I'd better do that right now."

Not only is Torchlight coming but so is Dungeon Siege. Ugh, all the work I'm about to never do again.

Id be down to play this, although i enjoyed it more on the technicalness side on ps3, but i have it for both :)

So ready for Dungeon Siege 3

There's also Deathspank and Two Worlds which is nowhere near as terrible as people will have you believe. I have a big problem with the phrase "Diablo with guns," but the loot in Borderlands is nigh on endless. Other games like Dragon Age aren't as loot-heavy but WRPGs are just fun in general. I have a copy of Baldur's Gate but it plays like total shit on the 360. :(

Another grindy-looty game is the much-maligned Too Human, which has been available for $5 (and probably still is!). I didn't really like it on my first try as the melee-specific class, and gave up, but later restarted as the balanced melee/ranged class and had a lot more fun!

I've been trying to avoid buying Sacred 2 as I have stacks of unopened games, but this thread is making me reconsider... dammit! :p

I just ordered Sacred 2 this week. It was part of Amazon's Buy 1 Get 1 50% off sale. I got it and the Raiden Shmup collection for $35.

I'm not sure how I missed it when it first came out, I had no idea it was a coop loot grinder. My wife and I love to sit down and play these types of games together.

Heheh. It's definitely worth trying. Most of the characters are kinda niche-based, though. I got a Seraphim to Platinum, and using her to get +All Skills jewelery to socket into level 2ish gear, for a much better start to my newer characters. It's an exploit that wasn't patched (and never will be), and everyone uses it... definitely makes things much easier.

I have a wealth of set and unique items but not sure how to go about trading them... If I post on LameFaqs or LameSpot, you cannot edit posts, so having a thread would be tedious and annoying to other people, if updated. Will probably make one and hide it in spoiler tags, in this thread.

As for newbie tips (as Sacred is fairly unforgiving unless you plan or research)...

• Don't eat more than one rune of any combat art for a while. The only absolute exception I can think of, is the High Elf's Grand Invigoration (buff), which has absolutely no down side to using up runes, and should constantly be fed. Using runes is irreversible and can make it completely useless unless you keep regeneration times under control via skills and items.

• Blacksmithing (skill) DOES NOT WORK on consoles. Don't even take it. It's mostly a minor inconvenience, in the end, anyway. :whistle2:#

• The two simplest/easiest character classes/builds are the Arrant Pyromancer (fire) High Elf, and the Dual Wield Seraphim (maybe even the BFG Seraphim, which is worth looking into). I recommend starting with one of these until you get a good grasp of game and loot mechanics. Google around and you'll find some builds. Other characters/classes can become much more complex.

I dunno how I got into posting newbie tips.. but it certainly can't hurt. You can't just go pay for a respec and be on your way...

Here's all the 3* stuff I have, and anything I'm interested in...
Item levels are in parenthesis next to the item. If there are multiple numbers, it means I have more than one, and at each designated level. Stats can be relayed if necessary, but it's not like they're randomized (just level-based).

This is posted on CAG and not elsewhere, because I can't edit posts on GameFaqs... eugh.

Edit: I had spoiler tags on everything, but CAG started freaking out and kept replacing and adding spoiler tags everywhere, so I had to remove them. No matter how I tag it, it always screws up (possibly some change to the site recently) so... I can't really hide it for now. Sorry!

Tradelist is up to date as of February 16th, 3PM EST (added two ranged weapons + one melee weapon + 3 SE set items)

Weapons (and shields):

Bull's-eye (bow) - (60, 80)
Dyashea's Hunter (bow) - (75)
Death's Chirr (energy pistol) - (28, 64)
Enui's Swift String (bow) - (45)
Xyryna's Parable (throwing knife) - (50)

Blade of Mutiny (1h sword) -
(58, 66)
Boneslicer (1h sword - 4* Quest Reward) - (30)
Cleaver (1h hafted) - (54)
Dwendorik's Vanquisher (2h sword) - (52)
Grimwald's Guardian (1h hafted) - (50)
Gronkor's Downfall (2h polearm) - (45)
Ignis Magica (1h staff) - (32)
Ker's Scepter (1h hafted) - (60)
Khandar's Slicer (1h sword) - (49, 49, 73)
Kuan's Pride (1h sword) - (36, 36)
Memetar's Protector (1h hafted) - (32)
Nengruil's Doombringer - (2h polearm) - (45)
Pirita's Bone Staff (2h staff) - (75)
Ragnos' Slayer (1h hafted) - (50)
Rancuil's Dark Flame (2h staff) - (35)
Seyr's Klinge (2h sword) - (75)
Skullsmasher (1h hafted) - (49)
Sword of the Blood Dryads (1h sword) - (51)
Testa's Annihilator (2h energy weapon) - (44)
Thain's Axe (1h hafted...durr!) - (42)
Torik's Wrath (2h polearm) - (52)
Ysandrifa's Law (1h sword) - (10)

Stalworth Safeguard (shield) -
(70, 70)
Wall of Flames (shield) - (45, 75)

Sets

Seraphim

Endijian's Artifacts (
all but the boots!)

Endijian's Visor -
(75)
Endijian's Pauldrons - (45, 75)
Endijian's Chestplate - (30)
Endijian's Relics - (30, 75)
Endijian's Bracers - (75)
Endijian's Sash - (15, 45, 60)
Endijian's Leg Guards - (30, 60, 60, 75)
Endijian's Wings - (60, 60)

Niokaste's Blade Dance

Niokaste's Sleeves -
(30, 45)
Niokaste's Grip - (45, 45)
Niokaste's Cord - (45)
Niokaste's Leg Guards (45)
Niokaste's Sandals - (30, 75)
Niokaste's Wings - (45)

Revelation of the Seraphim

Wisdom of the Celestial -
(30, 60)
Justice of the Celestial - (45, 75)
Righteous Hands of the Celestial - (75)
Fate of the Celestial - (60, 75)
Stride of the Celestial - (60, 75)

Sofia's Benevolence

Helmet of Benevolence -
(50)

Infinite Revenge

Chestplate of Fury -
(20)

Twilight of the Gods

Wristguards of Dusk -
(50, 65)
Sofia's Protection - (50, 65, 65)

Dryad

Detheya's Agility

Detheya's Cowl -
(60)
Dethaya's Protection - (45)

Leaves and Twigs

Helmet of the Thorns -
(45)
Belt of the Twines - (60)

Meho'Sun

Meho's Chestguard -
(50)
Meho's Greaves - (80)

Eternal Flame

Shoulders of Flame -
(20)

Inquisitor

Sarakis' Path to the Netherworld

Sarakis' Dark Pact -
(45)
Sarakis' Downfall - (60)
Sarakis' Intuition - (15)

Deylen's Power

Deylen's Haughtiness -
(30)

Insignia of Banefulness

Insignia of Pain -
(50)

Ilgard's Judgment

Ilgard's Assurance -
(15)

Shadow Warrior

Armantin's Legacy

Armantin's Belt -
(75, 75) (One silver and two gold sockets!!)

Executioner's Aids

Legs of Justice - (65)

Lucreti's Stars

Lucretis' Prowess - (45)

High Elf

Vestments of Innocence
Circlet of Innocence - (35)

Garments of the Storms

Helmet of Storms - (35)
Chestplate of Storms - (50, 80)

Adornments of the Ancestors

Robe of the Ancestors - (30)
Boots of Rememberance - (45)

Faladal's Blizzard

Faladal's Safe Step - (30)

Wants

Officer's Saber x3 - (one at around level 20, and two at around 75-85)

High bargaining/All Skills
gear for a Seraphim (up to level 68) - More specifically, Niobium-crafted jewelery in low level gear... I only have access to +5/+6, and they're fairly rare for me. :(

Level 75-85 Niokaste legs or chest
, no real preference.

To clean out my stash....! Too much crap in it that I'll probably never use!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, you must really like the game to have posted all that. Sounds like I won't regret my purchase. :)

I don't suppose you have... a... LIGHTSABER? :D :D :D

I don't.. and I've never seen one.. (lightsaber) (haven't really looked, though)

Supposedly they're pretty rare drops (or rare to find from shopping via a high Bargaining skill).

I posted because I tend to bank most 3* (Unique or Set items, but they use stars instead of colors to denote quality on the console...), and it's getting tedious scrolling through 40 weapons or armor pieces to find what I want.. >_>

I'll keep an eye out for a lightsaber when I'm doing another shopping run, though.

And yes, love the game lately, as it's engrossed me. Probably enough so that I'll skip Torchlight. (gotten my "fix")

Is there any way to increase my characters carrying capacity? Right now I can carry 169 units. I put some points into strength but this didnt seem to do anything.

[quote name='Puffa469']Is there any way to increase my characters carrying capacity? Right now I can carry 169 units. I put some points into strength but this didnt seem to do anything.[/QUOTE]

Can't increase it, but you can store things in your hero chest in towns. (chest icon)

All items are accessible by any of your characters. It can also store around 1600 or 1900 "weight". Beware that storing way too many runes (150+) in it will slow down interactions with it, though. (I filled up one character completely with runes to remedy this)

There are also books and useless items that take up lots of space (under Miscellaneous, below all the runes... books can be used up and stored in your quest log, and the other items like 'Leaf' and 'Parchment' are useless and should be sold/scrapped). Also, the damage conversion items can add up quickly. Don't need to stockpile them, either.

Wow...

My wife just completed a questline for a band called 'Blind Gaurdian' and got treated to a Euro-Metal CG video for a song called 'This Land is Sacred'.

That was a real WTF moment I did not see coming. The song wasnt half bad if you like that kind of music.

bread's done
Back