Ebay/Paypal question

CENNY

CAGiversary!
Me and the wife were planning on bidding on a car on ebay for the first time, had a question: can we place a bid using my own ebay user account, but pay through her Paypal account (i.e. a Paypal account in her name paid via credit card in her name?)

I ask because my credit card limit won't cover the cost of the car, and the wife's credit card will, so wanted to get her a Paypal account and use that after bidding on the car through the ebay account in my own name. I know that when you win an item on ebay it sends you an invoice and the option to pay by Paypal- I assume that your Paypal account and ebay accounts are connected, and you can only use one original Paypal account in your own name (linked to your name on your ebay account) to pay for the invoice? Or is this wrong?

Thought maybe a CAG or two might be able to advise if this is possible, thanks in advance.

I'm pretty sure you can just type in the address that you're sending money to. So when you win it just make sure they know the address it's coming from.

Pretty sure, anyway.

[quote name='CENNY']Me and the wife were planning on bidding on a car on ebay for the first time, had a question: can we place a bid using my own ebay user account, but pay through her Paypal account (i.e. a Paypal account in her name paid via credit card in her name?)

I ask because my credit card limit won't cover the cost of the car, and the wife's credit card will, so wanted to get her a Paypal account and use that after bidding on the car through the ebay account in my own name. I know that when you win an item on ebay it sends you an invoice and the option to pay by Paypal- I assume that your Paypal account and ebay accounts are connected, and you can only use one original Paypal account in your own name (linked to your name on your ebay account) to pay for the invoice? Or is this wrong?

Thought maybe a CAG or two might be able to advise if this is possible, thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]
You can simply add her credit card to your PayPal account and pay like that.

bread's done
Back