Williams Pinball Hall of Fame Collection only $19.99 used $17.99 for 360

cajunmole

CAG Veteran
Hi, This is my first post so I hope it helps someone as I just discovered this site a few weeks ago and everyone seems so cool and helpful :D

Williams Pinball Hall of Fame. This great Pinball game has 13 tables in the 360 version!

Gohastings.com has the 360 version for only $19.99 new and $17.99 used.
Shipping is $2.28. I'm in Missouri so counting tax etc it works out around $23 new. Amazon has this listed as $42.20. Gamestop isn't much better. Used versions on Ebay are dearer! So if you like pinball grab this. It is in my opinion as good as Pinball FX2.

I'm a new user so it won't let me post the link.:cry:

The other systems is cheap as well so you may find a bargain for them too. I only have a 360 so if you have another system hopefully you'll get a deal on this as well.

Good Luck :)

I believe gamestop had this for 9.99 for awhile. Either way its worth way more than 19.99. I'm not much of a pinball guy but I played a bit in the arcades as a kid. These tables are amazing, identical to those old games I used to play.

Like I said I'm not even really into pinball but this game is amazing. Knowing what I know now I'd pay even more for it.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']I believe gamestop had this for 9.99 for awhile. Either way its worth way more than 19.99. I'm not much of a pinball guy but I played a bit in the arcades as a kid. These tables are amazing, identical to those old games I used to play.

Like I said I'm not even really into pinball but this game is amazing. Knowing what I know now I'd pay even more for it.[/QUOTE]

I've spent countless hours playing this recently, it's totally worth $20+ (or more). The physics are very well done; I often feel like I'm standing at the table I'm playing, rather than sitting at home playing my XBox. I highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys pinball, you won't be disappointed. Hats off to the developers on this one :applause:

And no matter how many times I play Medieval Madness, that board always makes me chuckle ;)

I never saw this in my local gamestop at all. I do live in a small rural town. :cry:Checking online at Gamestop to be sure they don't have either 360 or ps3 version available. PSP version is $9.99

I'm looking forward to this because when I was growing up I used to hammer away at the space shuttle one in my fav boozer (solid rock cafe in Glasgow). Spent a fortune on that and booze lol.

The others I vaguely remember. I'm sure it will come back to me when I see them. Ah the golden age of Pubs and Arcades.....feeling nostalgic already..

And I agree it's a steal at this price...every review I read said it was great.

Altogether now: I'm a Pinball Wizard, there has to be twist........

A month ago I was on the hunt for a 360 copy of this and couldn't find it ANYWHERE, aside from on Amazon for some absurd price like $50 used. Then I found the goHastings listing and snagged it for $20. It seems goHastings is the only e-tailer with the 360 version still NEW and in stock.

Awesome game, definitely worth $20.

[quote name='thegame85']Got this for $9.99 at my Gamestop months back[/QUOTE]

They've got it priced at $20 used now, and its availability is sparse.

I bought that game, when it first came out, to support
the devs.

They're suppose to release the Gottlieb collection,
as an XBLA release. I haven't seen any news on
that, in around a month. I'm bothered by that.

I'd like to see them team up with the Pinball FX
people, and release the games on a single
platform, instead of having to have multiple
programs for pinball.

I recall some people were able to pick this up during the Halo Reach $10 off promotion at Toys R Us awhile back. T'would've been a CAG dream come true... (listens to Pinball Wizard by The Who and loses self to music)

$20 is standard-issue price for this, I believe.
However, I absolutely love it, and couldn't recommend it more: tons of real tables, excellent modeling/physics, challenging achievements. All that's lacking is more detailed leaderboard functionality (like Pinball FX 2).

Two things you should know before buying this game.

1) It's the best pinball game I've ever played.

2) It has no support for a friends list leaderboard, making the leaderboards all but worthless.

Sad but true. It's a ridiculous thing to leave out of a game where score matters as much as it does. If that isn't a deal breaker, though, then you should absolutely pick this up. It's truly fantastic.

I bought it for $15 new, but recently it has been selling for much higher prices on ebay, so this is a probably a good deal.

Wonderful, wonderful game. The most expensive game I've ever purchased, because after getting it for $10 at Gamestop, I fell so in love with real pinball, I bought a $1500 Super Mario Bros. machine for my basement. If you've never liked video game pinball, give this one a shot; it's so much better than anything else out there, by a mile.

I have this game and it is absolutely fantastic! I used to play Gorgar, Black Knight, and a few others back in the day and loved them. These ports to the PSP and 360 are really fantastic and well worth the money. Also, the 360 version is indeed getting very hard to come by; found a copy at a local Walmart a few months ago for $20, and snagged it as an extra. These Williams classics are also much better than the Gottleib collection (which I have on PSP).

Anyone who likes pinball games and hasn't picked this up should get it now; well worth the price and getting harder to find these days!

I've seen it cheaper, but definitely worth the cost. My friends and I play this more than any other game I own. And I never cared for pinball games before. But it explains each table to you step by step, which is really the key to enjoying them.

good god I hate the vernacular of "table" when referring to a pinball machine. The real designers never used that term, it's always been machine or pin or pinball. None of this table BS!

[quote name='nasum']good god I hate the vernacular of "table" when referring to a pinball machine. The real designers never used that term, it's always been machine or pin or pinball. None of this table BS![/QUOTE]

It depends on where your from. We use pinball and table around here. Just like we use the phrase goosebumps here but where my best friend is from everyone there calls them chillbumps and it bugs me but I dont complain about it.

I've played this more than any game on the 360 or other systems. Well worth the money. I paid $40, and think this game is easily worth $60 or more.

Great game! I'm sure glad I picked this up at Amazon Warehouse Jan. 2010 -- even way before that deals thread was started on CAG. :) Surely getting my $17 worth seeing how it's in the $40+ range now.

[quote name='nasum']good god I hate the vernacular of "table" when referring to a pinball machine. The real designers never used that term, it's always been machine or pin or pinball. None of this table BS![/QUOTE]

Seriously dude? I mean, I have some pet peeves too but this is a bit over the top.

anyway, back on topic, this collection is great. Much better on 360 (and ps3 I guess) than the wii although since it's just pinball the graphics don't matter that much.

This was selling at TRU for $10 so I'm a little surprised this thread is getting so much attention.

[quote name='confoosious']This was selling at TRU for $10 so I'm a little surprised this thread is getting so much attention.[/QUOTE]

It's sold out online at TRU and I don't recall seeing any copies the last time I was in my store. The game is apparently harder to find now, which is why this thread's here.

If you're in the market for this game and haven't had luck finding it, definitely check your local TRU - it should be < $20.

Hah the only reason this is getting so much attention is because people (like me) are popping in to say how much we love the game!

[quote name='confoosious']Seriously dude? I mean, I have some pet peeves too but this is a bit over the top.[/QUOTE]

Dead serious, it's like nuts in a vice every time I hear/read it...

[quote name='nasum']Dead serious, it's like nuts in a vice every time I hear/read it...[/QUOTE]

That's a shame. I really like pinball tables.

[quote name='drktrpr1']Hah the only reason this is getting so much attention is because people (like me) are popping in to say how much we love the game![/QUOTE]
It's 'cause once upon a time, we would've been all abouts being cheap ass pinball players. Ida hoard that shite, el hoardo-style. Just kidding.

Do you really hate it? Or are you just looking for an opening to wax knowledge on pinball?

Personally I prefer "table", and I'm pretty sure Tommy would as well.

PS3 and wii versions seem to be readily available for ~$15. Is the 360 version any different than the ps3 version to deserve this attention?

I got the wii version a while back, and while it is good as far as pinball games go, I think it will only appeal to specific types of gamers who like pinball.

[quote name='scottman']PS3 and wii versions seem to be readily available for ~$15. Is the 360 version any different than the ps3 version to deserve this attention?

I got the wii version a while back, and while it is good as far as pinball games go, I think it will only appeal to specific types of gamers who like pinball.[/QUOTE]
Based on my impression, it's a combination of the game being sold elsewhere at a higher price and people raving about it being the best or one of the best versions? Just kidding.

[quote name='scottman']PS3 and wii versions seem to be readily available for ~$15. Is the 360 version any different than the ps3 version to deserve this attention?

I got the wii version a while back, and while it is good as far as pinball games go, I think it will only appeal to specific types of gamers who like pinball.[/QUOTE]

BTW: The Wii version doesn't have Medieval Madness, Tales of the Arabian Nights or No Good Gofers. 2 of those 3 tables are the best out of the whole collection.

[quote name='Hardware']BTW: The Wii version doesn't have Medieval Madness, Tales of the Arabian Nights or No Good Gofers. 2 of those 3 tables are the best out of the whole collection.[/QUOTE]

I played the Wii version on a friend's system, and it was terrible. Ugly low-res textures, poor detail, just not even remotely close to the XBox or PS3 versions.

I've bought this game 3 times for myself, once on PSP, once on Wii, and once on 360.

I've bought it as a gift for 3 friends too. So I'm a little biased.

PS3 and wii versions seem to be readily available for ~$15. Is the 360 version any different than the ps3 version to deserve this attention?
The PS3 version has some minor glitches like the ball falling off the table I've found. It's very rare but it happens.

The big reason why the 360 version is so desirable is because of the achievements. On PS3 the trophies are basically "Beat the computer's pre-set high scores" (They're very easy and lazy), while the 360s are much better in that you get an achievement for every set of in game goals that all other versions have.

I played the Wii version on a friend's system, and it was terrible. Ugly low-res textures, poor detail, just not even remotely close to the XBox or PS3 versions.

The Wii version is decent. The lack of the 3 newest tables is what kills it. Still worth it for the controls. You shake the controllers like you would nudge the tables.

[quote name='Hardware']BTW: The Wii version doesn't have Medieval Madness, Tales of the Arabian Nights or No Good Gofers. 2 of those 3 tables are the best out of the whole collection.[/QUOTE]

Medieval Madness alone is worth $40.

[quote name='2DMention']The big reason why the 360 version is so desirable is because of the achievements. On PS3 the trophies are basically "Beat the computer's pre-set high scores" (They're very easy and lazy), while the 360s are much better in that you get an achievement for every set of in game goals that all other versions have.[/QUOTE]
The PS3 version doesn't even have a platinum trophy. I'm not sure why they went that direction with that version.

I know a lot of people hate achievements and trophies, but this is the kind of game that the achievement/trophy system was made for. A 1000/1000 is truly satisfying for this game.

[quote name='WilliamG']I say screw this game and get Pinball FX2 on XBLA. WAAAAY better.[/QUOTE]
It's the WilliamG Collection!

[quote name='WilliamG']I say screw this game and get Pinball FX2 on XBLA. WAAAAY better.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't disagree more. Have you played this on the 360?

I picked this up for about $2 after I traded in a free game Microsoft gave me. I'd have bought it either way - I played this on the Wii and was excited to see it was set to come out on Live Arcade(but obviously ended up on disc). If you love pinball, you HAVE to get this collection. The tables are well represented and the physics feel great!

Pinball FX2 is great too - I got it for the Marvel and Street Fighter tables, and it's also worth it. I plan to buy the rest at some point.

bread's done
Back