Marvel VS Capcom 3 General info- OUT NOW! 8.5 from IGN and GS!

Lost_In_Shadows

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
I wanted to make a thread for the game. I'll be updating it later on with review scores and several other things.

So who is getting it? I just pre-ordered it today from Amazon. :)

Complete roster:

Akuma
Albert Wesker
Amaterasu
Captain America
Chris Redfield
Chun-Li
Crimson Viper
Dante
Deadpool
Doctor Doom
Dormammu
Felicia
Hsien-Ko
Hulk
Iron Man
Jill Valentine *dlc*
Magneto
Mike Haggar
M.O.D.O.K
Morrigan
Nathan Spencer
Phoenix
Ryu
Sentinel
She-Hulk
Shuma-Gorath *dlc
Sir Arthur
Spider-Man
Storm
Super-Skrull
Taskmaster
Thor
Trish
Tron Bonne
Viewtiful Joe
Wolverine
X-23
Zero

The review from IGN is up and they gave it a 8.5 which was my guess from the start.

The review for Gamespot is also up. It also gave it a 8.5

Last edited by a moderator:
I have also pre-ordered mine. Anyone decide their teams yet? I know the game isn't out yet but I'm leaning towards Amaterasu, X-23, and Zero/Tron myself.

[quote name='F Bomb']I have also pre-ordered mine. Anyone decide their teams yet? I know the game isn't out yet but I'm leaning towards Amaterasu, X-23, and Zero/Tron myself.[/QUOTE]

From the gameplay vids I've seen, I'll probably be using Dante, Zero, and maybe Magneto. But who knows, it took me months to pick a team in MVC2, so I assume it'll be the same here.

[quote name='DOMINATOR912']From the gameplay vids I've seen, I'll probably be using Dante, Zero, and maybe Magneto. But who knows, it took me months to pick a team in MVC2, so I assume it'll be the same here.[/QUOTE]

Dante and Zero are the ones i want to use the most from watching the vids and being a fan.

CE @ BB just got the target ad their giving a free spiderman(looks like the 2099 version) for free but I'd rather have the 500 bonus points. No idea what team yet.

Anyone been watching Gamespot's MvC3 tourney? Dante is in pretty heavy rotation, Morrigan is being used alot as an assist for her meter fill, and there was one guy making pretty good use of Dormammu.

Early reports on Zero is that he's a decent character but suffers from the same affliction as Spider-man in that he has weak defenses so don't expect to live long if you get hit by a super.

According to Amazon I'll get it on release day. I hope it don't snow that day or before hand. If it does the ups won't deliver. It isn't long now. I can't wait.

Not everyone needs a strategy guide, but it always serves as great reading material while on the shitter.

http://www.amazon.com/Marvel-vs-Cap...2872/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1297290052&sr=8-1

Written by Buktooth

Paperback: 400 pages
Publisher: BRADY GAMES (February 15, 2011)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0744012872
ISBN-13: 978-0744012873
Shipping Weight: 2.6 pounds

BradyGames’ Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds Signature Series Guide includes the following:

Worlds Collide for the Ultimate Faceoff

After a decade of waiting, the biggest names from the Marvel Universe will clash head on with the combined might of Capcom’s best known and most feared roster of gaming characters. Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds will deliver the best ever match up of legendary fighters and no holds barred fighting action.

Complete Frame Data for Every Character!
-Learn the startup, active, recovery, and hit advantage of every attack for every character in the game to punish your challengers in versus mode!

Techniques and Game Plans from Tournament Pros!
-Discover the best moves for every character and every occasion. Dominate your opposition with zoning techniques, pressure tactics, and ambiguous mix-ups!

Individual Character Strategy and Team Building Tactics!
-Learn the best crossover and hyper team combo attacks for every character. Create the best team for your playstyle!

Insane Combos and Versus Play Setups!
-Tips to keep your opposition cornered and combos to destroy them when they make mistakes.

Currently priced at $11.55 (regular $19.99). Only problem is shipping (unless you got prime) and that it ships on the 15th, so expect to get it next friday the earliest. The 42% off is for pre-orders only.

i was lucky to get the 1/2 off amazon code from the Dead rising 2. :) so i got this on preorder at half off. Just preorded the strat guide at that cheap price. :) thanks.

I preordered the CE and the guide (I haven't played MvC2 since my Dreamcast days so I need some help) from amazon as well. I plan on being the fodder that feeds all of your win %'s so feel free to thank me whenever.

[quote name='JoshTX']Anyone been watching Gamespot's MvC3 tourney? Dante is in pretty heavy rotation, Morrigan is being used alot as an assist for her meter fill, and there was one guy making pretty good use of Dormammu.

Early reports on Zero is that he's a decent character but suffers from the same affliction as Spider-man in that he has weak defenses so don't expect to live long if you get hit by a super.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I think with his 40 moves and his dmc fame dante will probably be in a of teams. Also you're right about zero in that he seems be on the lower end for health but I think his moveset make up for that. I'm going to post the health list here in case anyone hasn't seen it.

Sentinel - 1,300,000

Thor - 1,250,000

Hulk - 1,200,000
Haggar - 1,200,000
Tron Bonne - 1,200,000

She-Hulk - 1,150,000

Chris Redfield - 1,100,000
Taskmaster - 1,100,000
Wesker - 1,100,000

Captain America - 1,050,000
Spencer - 1,050,000

Dormammu - 1,000,000
Doctor Doom - 1,000,000
Ryu - 1,000,000
Super-Skrull - 1,000,000

Iron Man - 950,000
Morrigan - 950,000
Viewtiful Joe - 950,000
MODOK - 950,000
Wolverine - 950,000

Dante - 900,000
C. Viper - 900,000
Deadpool - 900,000
Hsien-Ko - 900,000
Spider-Man - 900,000

Felicia - 875,000

Chun-Li - 850,000
Magneto - 850,000
Storm - 850,000
Trish - 850,000

X-23 - 825,000

Amaterasu - 800,000
Zero - 800,000
Akuma - 800,000
Arthur - 800,000

Phoenix - 420,000
Dark Phoenix - 420,000

[quote name='hpbbes']I preordered the CE and the guide (I haven't played MvC2 since my Dreamcast days so I need some help) from amazon as well. I plan on being the fodder that feeds all of your win %'s so feel free to thank me whenever.[/QUOTE]

haha sounds like we are both in the same boat, lets battle once its released! :)

Picking this up at Kmart on Tuesday. I'm also going to be pretty bad at this game...have little MVC2 experience besides playing the occasional game with my friends. I'm going to try to step up my game, but I'll probably get crushed every match on PSN anyway...

For those who preordered through Amazon when does Amazon usually ships out the game from release date? My only memory is me ordering Batman AA 3 days before release and came on release day (which is great, but I'm wondering if I could get it a day earlier...i need the practice...I'm terrible at fighters).

[quote name='dejeckt']For those who preordered through Amazon when does Amazon usually ships out the game from release date? My only memory is me ordering Batman AA 3 days before release and came on release day (which is great, but I'm wondering if I could get it a day earlier...i need the practice...I'm terrible at fighters).[/QUOTE]

Did you put down release date delivery? If you did, you will get it on Tuesday.

As for being terrible at fighters, understand that you will always be terrible at it unless you play it. I am still terrible at fighters. Sure I can beat my friends and some scrubs, but other than that I still lose 10-15 times in a row.

[quote name='j-cart']Did you put down release date delivery? If you did, you will get it on Tuesday.

As for being terrible at fighters, understand that you will always be terrible at it unless you play it. I am still terrible at fighters. Sure I can beat my friends and some scrubs, but other than that I still lose 10-15 times in a row.[/QUOTE]

I have no doubt it will come on release date...just wondering if there is a tendency of getting shipment earlier :)

Compared to other competitive multiplayer games, fighters (besides a certain few strategy games) requires a great deal of commitment to be anywhere near to being good at it. I guess thats part of the appeal of it.

Can't wait to play it, and it seems Dante will be a decent character. Hopefully Jill is some how better in this iteration (maybe her super, zombie powers will kick in).

Guys, add me on psn for this online. So far i think im going dante, sentinel and not sure about the third, havent found anyone else i really liked playstyle yet.

My older brother is wanting to make this his first PS3 game Purchase, I think I will have a main team eventually but I prefer to try to be okay with all the charcters instead of just being awesome with just 3 characters (this will allow me to get to know the whole line up and figure out thier combos and strenght/weaknesses.

[quote name='j-cart']Did you put down release date delivery? If you did, you will get it on Tuesday.

As for being terrible at fighters, understand that you will always be terrible at it unless you play it. I am still terrible at fighters. Sure I can beat my friends and some scrubs, but other than that I still lose 10-15 times in a row.[/QUOTE]

Haha me too. The only fighter I play right now is blazblue and I still lose half the time and from what people say BB is suppose to be an easy game so I must not be that good but regardless of me winning or losing I still have fun playing so I hope its the same with mvc 3.

I find that I'm an average SF player, I've had some mild success with SSF4, but when it comes to the versus series I've always gotten my ass handed to me. I don't expect anything different here. I think the faster pace of the game throws me off a bit as I'm somewhat of a "turtling" player at SSF4.

I've also been told this game will be more like TvC than MvC2, and since I haven't played the Tatsunoko game I don't really know what to expect there, either.

[quote name='Big St3ph3n']haha sounds like we are both in the same boat, lets battle once its released! :)[/QUOTE]

that makes three of us :)

I read on IGN there review will be posted on the 14th and yet the review for Killzone 3 went up long ago. I'm still interested to see what they said about it and omg Tuesday can't come soon enough. >_______________

[quote name='jman619']I read on IGN there review will be posted on the 14th and yet the review for Killzone 3 went up long ago. I'm still interested to see what they said about it and omg Tuesday can't come soon enough. >_______________

I am ok in SSF4, and i sucked bad at MVC2, but MVC3 is a lot easier. The combos have a LOT of leniency and there arent things like 1 frame links, you can mash your way into combos if you're just starting out. My team of Dante, Storm and Sentinel is set, cmon amazon, ship it so i can show you guys my mango sentinel.

The game is certainly fun. Sure I was able to do some combos in mission mode, but in a match against my friend (HARDCORE MvC 2 players) I could barely touch him.

The game still has depth and it is in the assist game.

Character info

X-23: FAST, so freaking fast and fun. Her dash can cover pretty much the whole screen. Love her QCF+H throw. It comes out from pretty much any range and she can follow up with her anti-air. Her air dive awesome. She is pure rush down with some fun attacks. She does have very low life however.

Dr. Doom: A lot slower compared to his mvc2 self. He has great abilities to keep people away, but also can still lay the beat down. His drawback is his speed, but he still hasd 8 way air dash.

She-Hulk: Jen is SOOO MUCH FUN! Her ability to dizzy can create a ton of options. Can't wait to see what people can do with her.

Chris: His keep away is solid. Combined with the mines and fast machine gun fire, Chris can hold his ground. With his solid HP count, he might be a better choice for those thinking of playing Phoenix or Arthur.

Wesker: Dude is a villain for a reason. He is going to be that good, but also that much harder to play as. He can teleport from his QCF+M, (L,M or H after hit), but the timing to get another hit afterwards is pretty strict. Phantom Dance (AKA Maximum Wesker) is quite possibly the best Hyper in game. Wesker is a beast, but only if you put the time into learning how to play as him.

Didn't get too much time to play, but this game is going to be fun. For those that are not too into fighters, MvC 3 is no cake walk. There is more happening on the screen that SF4, but the combos are a lot easy and transferable to other characters. MvC 3 is not MvC 2, there is a lot more leeway, but you will need to practice.

Can't wait to sink more time into this game!

I'm going to rent this one first. I haven't played a tag team fighter since, well, Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 on the Dreamcast. I'm concerned with the reduced roster in this one. MvC2 had a good 56 characters, I believe. I'm not very good at fighters as is but I loved playing both Street Fighter IV and Super Street Fighter IV. I actually want to try out Tatsunoko vs. Capcom on the Wii as well.

[quote name='lustyhitter']I'm going to rent this one first. I haven't played a tag team fighter since, well, Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 on the Dreamcast. I'm concerned with the reduced roster in this one. MvC2 had a good 56 characters, I believe. I'm not very good at fighters as is but I loved playing both Street Fighter IV and Super Street Fighter IV. I actually want to try out Tatsunoko vs. Capcom on the Wii as well.[/QUOTE]

theyll add more characters over time im sure as dlc.that may be why some of the more popular characters have been left out.

[quote name='j-cart']If you guys were wondering why Phoenix's life is shit, I point you to exhibit A Dark Phoenix.

http://www.justin.tv/funkyp/b/279481482[/QUOTE]
yea I saw that too. She is a complete beast but I always suspected that was the case. The only problem is sentinel can accomplish the same thing but has three times her health. I could be wrong but I think they went a little overboard by giving him the most health and super armor. It's been mentioned before that his huge hitbox is a hindrance to him but I don't know if its enough. Well I haven't had a chance to play the game yet so maybe I should hold off on my opinions for now lol

Bleeghh, it sucks I have no time to invest as much time into fighters as I used to.

I don't have the energy, patience, and time to be decent at this one. I'll still buy it for the fan service alone though. Maybe if friends around me get it it'll motivate me.

so what are the chances they might come out with another version of this game? like a gh version or maybe pull a move like they did with streetfighter and release a super version?

[quote name='lokizz']so what are the chances they might come out with another version of this game?[/QUOTE]

Well it is Capcom. ;)

They milk shit so hard that they are legally classified as a Dairy Farm in Japan.

Got my Amazon.com tracking number for delivery tomorrow. Estimated date was February 18, 2011, but now it says February 15, 2011. It's shipping from Delaware. Wohooo!

[quote name='8bitArtist']so everyone team is going to consist of sentinel, phoneix and who else?[/QUOTE]
Sentinel is slow he is a powerhouse but IMO sucks from what I have played (then again I might just suck with him)

My current team is: Arthur/Ammy/ Morrigan

[quote name='Fell Open Ian']Well it is Capcom. ;)

They milk shit so hard that they are legally classified as a Dairy Farm in Japan.[/QUOTE]

lmao no shit man thats why im waiting a while for this. i want to play it bad though especially since taskmaster is in it but i just have this feeling another version will be released.

Personally, the amount of pre-release DLC announced informed my opinion that waiting on either a price drop or the GotY/Super/Ultimate edition would be best. (I saw so many of my friends outright abandon SFIV when Super came out that if this release sees that kind of secondary edition rather than just a compiled content one it will likely severely fracture the playerbase)

I'm also quite anxious to see how MvC2 and Street Fighter fans take to the more streamlined Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom approach to the controls. I still enjoy that 'my first fighting game' control scheme as it lets more people easily jump-in and make cool shit happen on screen but I can definitely see people being upset at not really knowing what is in store for them control-wise.

And all of that being said about waiting and being apprehensive and blah blah blah...my buddy just called and said he bought me a copy and is bringing it over as I was typing this post so yay breaking street date. (my birthday is next month and he's a huge fighting game fan)

[quote name='Fell Open Ian']I'm also quite anxious to see how MvC2 and Street Fighter fans take to the more streamlined Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom approach to the controls. I still enjoy that 'my first fighting game' control scheme as it lets more people easily jump-in and make cool shit happen on screen but I can definitely see people being upset at not really knowing what is in store for them control-wise.[/QUOTE]
Justin Wong called them cheap and easy to learn, or carebear basically. Normally, that would concern me but I'm going to be playing this casually since the arcades are D-E-A-D, so I don't care. MVC3 would have been tits six years ago, but now it's like 'who cares?'

So is anyone picking this up tomorrow and want to play online.....but suck. I am picking this up at best buy tomorrow but am no good so looking for a non pro to go up against

bread's done
Back