Are women good drivers?

I'm glad I got my license by only having to turn at a stop sign and pull out of a driveway, but I can honestly say they do not prepare you for anything in driving schools.

Stopping when shit is in front of you is common sense though.

[quote name='sammers']Piss us off and no, we are not good drivers. Or when we're PMSing.[/QUOTE]

In short: no.

Women have better insurance rates than men when they are in their 20s. Things even out the older people get though.

I live in Miami and we've been rated the worst drivers in America. I wholeheartedly agree with those results. People here are rude, inconsiderate, and weave in & out of traffic. I blast my horn almost every day while commuting to work. Most everyone I know gets 1 or 2 tickets average per year, while I've never received a ticket in my life. I'm getting serious "road rage" issues living down here.

From my own personal experience Haitians the worst drivers in the world.

In general women are terrible drivers. I can't tell you how many times I see these bitches talking on the phone while driving. But I have to give props to my wife, she's a caution driver and on top of that she's asian. Stereotypically she should be the worst driver in world.

@Rodimus - I was in Miami for the first time a few weeks back and I thought the drivers were similar to New Jersey drivers in that they drive either 20 miles over or under the speed limit (which is just a suggestion to them) and no one signals. I didn't think they were as bad as Orlando drivers who apparently have no idea where they are going at all times so being cut off across 4 lanes of traffic is usual. Orlando drivers also never heard of a turn signal and I've seen many a red lights turn into a chance to play Kamikazee. Seriously, Orlando has got to have the worse drivers in the Nation.

one of my exes had literally wrecked 6 cars between the age of 16 and 27. Strange thing about that? She didn't even get a license until she was 24...
Come to think of it, just about every gf I've had has been an absolutely terrible driver.

I don't think there's anything physically wrong with women that makes them bad drivers. But I think the way the world works makes them bad drivers. (They text and drive more, put on makeup while driving, talk while driving and get distracted, etc.) Of course, men do some stupid things too. (We're notorious for racing/speeding.) Also, one explanation I heard is that women simply don't have the desire to drive as much as we do. They want to get there and back and be done with it, while on the other hand, most men are naturally attracted to the speed and control of fast vehicles.

But in my opinion, everyone's a bad driver nowadays (even me). I think we could all go back for a refresher course on the rules of the road, and maybe they could teach everybody how to be considerate this time around.

[quote name='Otherguy676']@Rodimus - I was in Miami for the first time a few weeks back and I thought the drivers were similar to New Jersey drivers in that they drive either 20 miles over or under the speed limit (which is just a suggestion to them) and no one signals. I didn't think they were as bad as Orlando drivers who apparently have no idea where they are going at all times so being cut off across 4 lanes of traffic is usual. Orlando drivers also never heard of a turn signal and I've seen many a red lights turn into a chance to play Kamikazee. Seriously, Orlando has got to have the worse drivers in the Nation.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry, Miami isn't the worst drivers in the nation (that's New York) but rather we're the rudest.

Orlando's full of tourists so of course they don't know where they're going. It doesn't really make them "bad" drivers, they're just lost.

None of the women in my family are particularly good drivers, in fact they scare me when they're driving. But they may just be bad drivers, but at the same time I'd say most of the people on the road today are awful drivers, not just women.

I once saw a video exploring the differences between males and females. It referenced a bunch of tests and experiments, our chemical differences, and why historically we would have developed the way we did - hunter/gatherer men needed strength and mathematical/combat skills, stay at home women needed language and communication skills. In this way there could have been selective breeding, making our differences more refined in what worked in that society, so the strong men mated with the good mothers.

What the video boiled down to when it came to women driving vs. men driving was men's depth perception is a lot better.

http://www.healthcentral.com/drdean/408/46705.html

Actually it's my experience that men are usually worse, especially if they're used to driving on the interstate most of the time. That or if they have aspirations of becoming Nascar drivers.

I feel like a lot of accidents are also caused by hesitation. How many people have you seen get wacked because someone was slowly trying to eek a turn in dense traffic?

Honestly if peeple just paid attention to road signs we'd all be a lot safer. If you're supposed to stop then stop, if not then go on. So many times I see people stop at places they shouldn't. 4 way stops seem to be the worst, people can't grasp the concept of whoever stops first goes first and so on.

I've been rear-ended twice -- both by women. I think in general, they seem to panic a little bit in tight situations, which I think is the main cause. I have also never been scared in a car, until my gf drove. In the 2 or so years she actually drove, she's hit a pole, and also knocked off her side mirror twice.

[quote name='Xevious']Women have better insurance rates than men when they are in their 20s. Things even out the older people get though.[/QUOTE]

My insurance company told me that is no longer true and hasn't been for 10-20 years. They instead raised the women's rates to be even with the men's rates now.

Judging from the large amount of women I've seen who drive huge ass SUVs and aren't aware of what a blind spot is, I'm gonna go with no.

[quote name='Mid Boss']I'm gonna say no, just because my last car was totaled due to a woman running a stop sign.[/QUOTE]

At least she wasn't my sister who ran over a stop sign.

[quote name='Rodimus']I live in Miami and we've been rated the worst drivers in America. I wholeheartedly agree with those results. People here are rude, inconsiderate, and weave in & out of traffic. I blast my horn almost every day while commuting to work. Most everyone I know gets 1 or 2 tickets average per year, while I've never received a ticket in my life. I'm getting serious "road rage" issues living down here.

From my own personal experience Haitians the worst drivers in the world.

In general women are terrible drivers. I can't tell you how many times I see these bitches talking on the phone while driving. But I have to give props to my wife, she's a caution driver and on top of that she's asian. Stereotypically she should be the worst driver in world.[/QUOTE]

I have to agree on Rod on this one. When I lived in Miami for 3 years I saw some fucked up shit. The worse offender was when I saw this one guy in his top down convertible eating a slice of pizza, talking on a cell phone and fucking around with his laptop all at the same time!!! Haitians pissed me off as well.

Women in my area are generally "OK" at driving. The only ones that are not ok are the fucking asian women drivers. I've had a few that tried crossing into my lane without signaling or checking to see if it's clear to go and nearly hit me in the process..then they are the one's who give me the dirty looks or cuss in korean when I honk them...uhh fucktard you were about to cause a crash because you weren't checking to see if it's clear to go to the next lane.

I have sworn if I ever get hit by someone and it happens to be a Asian female driver on the phone and I am still alive, I am going to get out of the car and beat the shit out of her!

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back