CoLDblood's XBOX Super Hero Mutant Challage

COLDblood

CAGiversary!
Feedback
65 (100%)
COLDblood's XBOX Super Hero Mutant Challenge

0a4d75.png

I am holding my biggest CAG contest yet with one BIG winner getting Three XBOX Live Arcade game codes.

1) X-Men Arcade
1) Marvel VS. Capcom 2
1) Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1989 Classic Arcade

Contest Rules:
1) Print out and construct at least one of the characters below from the game " X-Men Arcade" and take a picture of it with your username written on a piece of paper next to it.
2) You can enter up to 5 times but each entry must be a different character posted below.
3) You don't have to make all the characters at one time to enter, you can enter your first picture than edit the post later with new photos (Don't make a new post for added entry's, New posts are allowed for spam)
4) Contest will end Wednesday February 16th, 2011 at 6:00pm PST
5) Open to all CAG members.
6) One winner will be chosen at random from a name drawn out a hat.
7) Can be printed in black and white if need be.

A BIG Thanks for the Ham Headz Paper Art goes out to Trogdoriangrey for his photos and artwork !
You can see some of his other work here:
Trogdoriangrey

Wolverine
9b10c0.jpg

Link to blue print:
http://lulzimg.com/i11/4daa2e.jpg

Cyclops

6df108.jpg

Link to blue print:
http://lulzimg.com/i11/def622.jpg

Night Crawler

8fe058.jpg

Link to blue print:
http://lulzimg.com/i11/2c7832.jpg

Magneto

a67871.jpg

Link to blue print:
http://lulzimg.com/i11/6addd4.jpg

Sentinel
78069c.jpg

Part 1
http://lulzimg.com/i11/5192ba.jpg
Part 2
http://lulzimg.com/i11/30b530.jpg

Video tutorial:
Here is a video tutorial I found over at Papercraft Museum that gives a great example on how to construct a Ham Headz
http://www.papercraftmuseum.com/beginner-tutorial/

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunatly my printer was acting up, so I ran over to Staples to get some nicer prints for these guys. I have to say, I love the other ones that guy has made. I had to print off the entire Team Fortress 2 cast too.

Am I gay for playing with paper dolls? Yes? Then fuck it, these are awesome.

This sounds awesome. Here's my placeholder entry. I'll edit it once I make them. Thanks for the contest!

Definitely want to to do this! I realllly want those games!

EDIT: OK, I just printed Magneto, Cyclops, Wolverine and Night Crawler....Looking at it, I assume I fold the "triangle" appendages on the shapes...is there instructions for these!? Or is that a part of the contest :p
EDIT::I actually went to that blog and saved a bunch of them! Going to go to the library to print them out!
EDIT:::Getting really into this actually. Cool contest idea, GREAT Prizes, and even if you loose, you got these cool ass figures to display! Also, anyone also doing this, any tips on the head and arms? I finally got the head together, but kind of had to go hog wild with the scotch tape. Struggling getting the arms attached. (Night Crawler, btw)

I'm just going to post this since it's faster than editing for the 10th time. This is my first attempt at Trogdoriangrey's, Ham Headz Paper art, "Nightcrawler"! He isn't professional at all and is pretty much scotch taped everywhere, but dammit I tried! It took me a long time too (well over a hour)! Hopefully Wolverine, Cyclops and Magneto turn out better (why I did him first anyway).

Damn time stamp ruined my nametag. :(

Looks damn good my man... Does not have to be perfect.

I don't care about spam so discuss techniques or the weather if it helps. Just make sure to add new pictures to the post above as I will be posting links to each persons work once we get off the first page.

I also posted a video tutorial in the first post... I hope it helps a little.

BTW LOL @ 2008!

If anything, I've found it's a lot of patience and a lot of pre-folding.

My Sentinel ended up being a bit rough since he was my first one, but I decided to do him first because I think he's slightly bigger than the others.

Another heads up is (And this might not be all of them), if there's spots that are completly blacked out, it might end up being removed/cut through/cut around/etc. If you look at Sentinel's sheet, the giant black space on his body doesn't actually work/look right.

And even though it's not part of the contest, I made Sentinel first and I'm 90% done with a Sentry Gun from TF2. I'll probably just get posted too, since I'm all proud of myself!

[quote name='reapersaurus']Great images, and prizes -

just wanted to mention that apprehended is spelled with 2 p's.

http://mw1.m-w.com/dictionary/apprehended

The typo mars an otherwise-sweet pic.[/QUOTE]

LOL...I did not make the photo I only borrowed it...beggars can't be choosers. Just to make the grammar Nazi's happy I fixed it with good old fashion MS Paint ;)

[quote name='COLDblood']Looks damn good my man... Does not have to be perfect.

I don't care about spam so discuss techniques or the weather if it helps. Just make sure to add new pictures to the post above as I will be posting links to each persons work once we get off the first page.

I also posted a video tutorial in the first post... I hope it helps a little.

BTW LOL @ 2008![/QUOTE]

LOL! Yeah I totally entered this contest 3 years ago. Yeah that camera is all sorts of fucked up for some reason, the battery life is shit so I had to take the picture zoomed it from like 5 feet away while it was on the charging base. BTW, I'm pretty proud of his tail. IDK if you can see it but it is actually 3D, I rolled it instead of folding it so it's a cylinder. Will hopefully get the others down better with less external tape because it looks nicer.

Great idea for a contest. Make everyone work for it.

I had some difficulty with the arms but I think my Nightcrawler turned out pretty OK. My cat thought so.

10p7swx.jpg

I'll be entering soon as I'm able to print one off. Tried to earlier and for some reason it just froze mid print. Going to give it a shot on a newer printer tomorrow.

(Updated photos to include name... damnit) So first go and first entry: NightCrawler!
contest_nightcrawler.jpg

Second attempt and second entry: Wolverine!
contest_wolverine.jpg

Although I had some issues with Wolverine's head, happy to say neither used any tape! All glue stick! Might have to print off the rest later this evening.

Entry 3: Cyclops. Decided to try a heavier paper stock. Printed better, and it worked better for the hands (they are almost fully pose-able) but putting it together was a pain in the arse.
contest_cyclops.jpg

4th entry: Magneto
contest_magneto.jpg

5th: Sentinel
contest_sentinal.jpg

And just cause, all together:
contest_all_together.jpg

The heads are really difficult to close! I had to tape the bottom of Magneto's shut. :( One side is easy but the other is like impossible! Will work on Wolverine and Cyclops soon. Probably print off Sential later too.

Entry 2:

Entry's 1&2:

His cape is backwards.. >.

On the bottom of the head, do you cut out the whole circle or just the strips so it fits on. It seems like it can stick better if you cut the strips and then glue them, BUT if the while circle was gone it would be easier to get a finger in there and seal down the bottom part of the head from inside...

What I do:

I use an x-acto knife and cut the lines on the bottom of the head, just the lines that cross. When I'm done with the head and body I just glue up the black part of the body, down to where the body coloring actually starts and just shove the head down on it. It's worked really well, and I'm proud to say my heads are actually coming out REALLY nice.... For being round tuna-head guys.

I have Cyclops and Wolverine done also, I'll edit this post upload the pic later. I might also print of Sential, because I really want to win or at least do my best. :X

Entry 3&4

Entry's 1, 2, 3, and 4.

(Forgot/lost the name tag, hope MS paint still counts!)

Cool contest COLDblood! If I didn't already own two of the three games you're giving away, I'd totally join in. Oh and where's Dazzler? :)

My late entries in which I sorta rushed and messed up a little.

Entry #1

Entry #2

Entry #3

Entry #4

The contest already ended, but I just finished this afterwards so here is Magneto

First let me say everyone that entered this contest won something from my trade list.
I drew blindly on prizes and names. I will be messaging each of you soon.

So with out any further wait;

!!!!Grand-prize Winner!!!!
thereefernander
X-Men Arcade XBLA
Marvel VS. Capcom 2 XBLA
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1989 Classic Arcade
XBLA

ExplodingRat:
Joust XBLA

JamesFerguson:
Crack Down 2 Helicopter prop

BudzMcGee:
Poker Smash XBLA

Serophaze:
Resident Evil 5 - Kijuju Premium Theme

igame:
Kinect Helicopter prop

Hour late and an dollar short...story of my life. My Wolverine didn't turn out so hot, anyways. Oh well, maybe next time.

Dsc_0023.jpg

[quote name='ExplodingRat']Haha thanks Coldblood!! Awesome contest, I'm sorry more people didn't enter. :([/QUOTE]

I really only expected a few to enter, so it turned out as good as I hoped. I had planned on giving everyone that entered something for their Xbox but wanted to keep it a surprise. Now I still have enough codes for another contest ;)

bread's done
Back