Halo: ODST $13.99, Mafia II $19.99 @ buy.com shipped

Wow those r some crazy deals.! Odst's story was great. Imo it has the best opening cutscene of anygame I've ever played and amazing gameplay. As for mafia 2, I only played the demo but loved everything about the game except the controls felt a lil weird to me. It was KINDA like playin a really polished vice city (which was my fav gta)...

[quote name='argyle']Was just about to post this - I'm somewhat tempted by Mafia 2 at that price.[/QUOTE]

Haha same. We all got the newsletter at the same time. :lol:

Great deal on ODST, tempted to buy it again.

Thanks, OP. Picked up a copy of ODST. I've never cared for Halo games, but I absolutely loved Firefight.

I'm co-oping ODST at the moment, it's a lot better than I was expecting, well worth a go at $14 IMO.

Tempted by that price on Mafia 2, might send it to Amazon and see if they'll match it.

EDIT - Ended up biting on Mafia 2.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is ODST worth $13.99? I didn't really care for Halo 3 or Reach as I thought the stories and characters as well as the controls were dumbed down for the masses and lacked any depth. Just my opionion. Not horrible games but just very bland but of course as I only play SP or Co-op and have no interest in MP.

[quote name='3rdbass']Is ODST worth $13.99? I didn't really care for Halo 3 or Reach as I thought the stories and characters as well as the controls were dumbed down for the masses and lacked any depth. Just my opionion. Not horrible games but just very bland but of course as I only play SP or Co-op and have no interest in MP.[/QUOTE]
If you didnt enjoy H3 or Reach, my guess would be you probably wouldnt like ODST also.

[quote name='Brother Daz']If you didnt enjoy H3 or Reach, my guess would be you probably wouldnt like ODST also.[/QUOTE]

I keep hearing that the story in ODST was better? Does it have more depth than Reach and Halo 3?

Tempted to get ODST at that price! But I want it more for the armor unlocks via Waypoint. Might be better to just rent it and get those achievements so I can unlock armor in Reach.

Wow I'm super tempted to get ODST. It's the only Halo I don't have and that price is really good. Since it's $20 now I'm thinking I might wait till it hits $9.99. Then again, maybe not. Ha! Thanks OP!

Anyone have an opinion on which version of Mafia 2 is superior, or are they both the same? If they're the same, I'll get the PS3 version.

[quote name='mossman43']Anyone have an opinion on which version of Mafia 2 is superior, or are they both the same? If they're the same, I'll get the PS3 version.[/QUOTE]

I can't confirm this (only playing the Xbox 360 version), but from what I've read there are some graphical glitches in the PS3 version (if I recall, Grass doesn't appear correctly in some places, and after shooting people their bodies vanish). There may be some other issues as well?

I too would like to know which version is better. I'm borrowing the Xbox 360 version from a friend, but would buy it on PS3 for this price (double dip on the achievements/trophies). ;)

[quote name='LeonSKennedy']I can't confirm this (only playing the Xbox 360 version), but from what I've read there are some graphical glitches in the PS3 version (if I recall, Grass doesn't appear correctly in some places, and after shooting people their bodies vanish). There may be some other issues as well?

I too would like to know which version is better. I'm borrowing the Xbox 360 version from a friend, but would buy it on PS3 for this price (double dip on the achievements/trophies). ;)[/QUOTE]

PS3 version. It has an exclusive storyline included .

Looks like Amazon price matched Halo ODST as well. The nice thing about that is that it's included in the B1G1 50% off deal so I picked up a $20 game and ODST for another $7. SCORE!

[quote name='sarma81']Looks like Amazon price matched Halo ODST as well. The nice thing about that is that it's included in the B1G1 50% off deal so I picked up a $20 game and ODST for another $7. SCORE![/QUOTE]

Good catch, especially that it is included in that sale. Links:
ODST
B1G1 50% off

[quote name='sarma81']Looks like Amazon price matched Halo ODST as well. The nice thing about that is that it's included in the B1G1 50% off deal so I picked up a $20 game and ODST for another $7. SCORE![/QUOTE]

Amazon is the best :D I had submitted a couple of price matches today and just looked at it. I'm glad I waited, I also got it for $7 after the discount. fuck yeah :)

[quote name='3rdbass']I keep hearing that the story in ODST was better? Does it have more depth than Reach and Halo 3?[/QUOTE]

Not to a degree that makes the game better than either of those two. Halo as a series never excelled in the single player arena IMHO. If you didn't have fun playing SP in the others, this won't change anything. Personally, I think reach's SP is > ODST SP > halo 3 SP. But again, the difference in quality of SP is not really significant.

bread's done
Back