[UPDATE] Super Mario All-Stars: Limited Edition (Wii) Reprint - $29.99 [3/13/11]

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
Super Mario All-Stars: Limited Edition (Wii) Reprint

• 4 Classic Mario Games
  • Super Mario History soundtrack CD
  • Super Mario History booklet featuring original art and interviews

Retailers

Amazon - Available in stock
Best Buy - Available in stock
Gamestop (gamestop.com/wii/games/super-mario-all-stars-limited-edition/87690) - Available in stock
Toys R' Us - Available in stock

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish Nintendo just let it be rare as it is.
Or at least put some remarks on the box to say it is the 2nd run. That way Collectors will be happy. The people who didn't buy it the first run probably don't care about game value anyway.

I sold my copy for $90....... which is lame since it came out a few months ago.... wonder how much these reprints will drop the prices

[quote name='Brother Daz']I feel a little bad for the suckers that have been paying $70 for these[/QUOTE]

I didn't think they would reprint them, but I needed the $ to pay for xmas - I listed mine on ebay during the holidays and fetched $67. So glad gamestop is getting more of these in. Is is the same SKU as the old one? Maybe the reprint doesn't have all the goodies and it's SKU'ed differently?

[quote name='miriamleo']I wish Nintendo just let it be rare as it is.
Or at least put some remarks on the box to say it is the 2nd run. That way Collectors will be happy. The people who didn't buy it the first run probably don't care about game value anyway.[/QUOTE]

I miss when you bought games because you wanted to play them and have fun, not buy them because you were hoping they would turn a profit later or be valuable.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']CheapyD would you please fix your affiliated link. sigh...[/QUOTE]

http://www.gamestop.com/wii/games/super-mario-all-stars-limited-edition/87690

I preordered a copy on amazon on the 1st day it became available. I later wished I had ordered a couple more because I bought a couple of the 25th anniversary wii systems to put up and this set looks great with them. So I kept the one I got sealed and put it up with the wii's. I just preordered a couple more of these because I figured on having a copy with each wii and a copy to open for myself. Thanks OP. I went straight to gamestops site and found and ordered them because I know they will not make too many more of them with the extras and even if they do they will still be worth the $30 either way.

Is it possible that this is not the special edition? It would make a lot of sense for them to release the game as a standalone.

[quote name='aem']Or it looks like you can order it used right now lol. Who knows what you'd get ordering from GameStop though.[/QUOTE]

99% of the time will yield just the disc or just the game without the extras since GS really does not care at all about the extras.

[quote name='UberSwiss']Is it possible that this is not the special edition? It would make a lot of sense for them to release the game as a standalone.[/QUOTE]

No one is certain, but Gamestop's listing gives the following details:

Special Edition!

4 Classic Mario Games
Super Mario History soundtrack CD
Super Mario History booklet featuring original art and interviews

I'm still waiting for $15 or less.

[quote name='hobbie8046']WOW, f*** you, Nintendo.[/QUOTE]

yeah **** you Nintendo for letting more people purchase it and crapping over the hoarders

I figured a reprint was inevitable.

It's the games they release for free through Club Nintendo (like the Zelda collections on the Gamecube, which I have both), that they don't reprint.

[quote name='benjamouth']Really ?[/QUOTE]

Do you not understand what a "Limited Edition" is, and how it varies from a "Standard Edition"? It's kind of like the Mass Effect lithographs - there are only 300-500 of each, hence their value. The entire purpose of a "Limited Edition" is to be collectible (limited), not to put a copy in the hand of every interested party.

This isn't the same as printing more of a rare game.

[quote name='RedStep']Do you not understand what a "Limited Edition" is, and how it varies from a "Standard Edition"? It's kind of like the Mass Effect lithographs - there are only 300-500 of each, hence their value. The entire purpose of a "Limited Edition" is to be collectible (limited), not to put a copy in the hand of every interested party.

This isn't the same as printing more of a rare game.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, and if people are stupid enough to keep buying them, over and over again, when they seldom end up being limited then frankly more fool them.

Stupid people deserve every shitty thing that happens to them. Besides I actually want to play the game, I couldn't give two shits whether this effects someones limited edition pension fund plans.

[quote name='mcdaking84']yeah **** you Nintendo for letting more people purchase it and crapping over the hoarders[/QUOTE]

Aren't all of these games available for less as downloadable games from Nintendo? It's not like this was the only way to get these games if people really wanted them that much; it's the limited edition part that made people want it.

[quote name='waxHead']No one is certain, but Gamestop's listing gives the following details:

I'm still waiting for $15 or less.[/QUOTE]

That's true, but my thinking is because they are already listing the game as pre-owned, maybe a bunch of silly fools traded in their complete copies. Who knows...I'd cry because I drove 100 some miles to get a copy.

[quote name='hobbie8046']WOW, f*** you, Nintendo.[/QUOTE]

There goes your resale value for the 500 copies you have in your garage.

[quote name='RedStep']Do you not understand what a "Limited Edition" is, and how it varies from a "Standard Edition"? It's kind of like the Mass Effect lithographs - there are only 300-500 of each, hence their value. The entire purpose of a "Limited Edition" is to be collectible (limited), not to put a copy in the hand of every interested party.

Problem is, most so called Limited Edition have unlimited quantities. You know, Halo, EA titles, etc...

I personally think it is kinda funny i sold about 3 copys on ebay for 80 bucks a piece. and have one sealed copy left i find it funny that they are coming out with it again.

Do you not understand that Nintendo never put a specific limit on how many copies of this they would press? Do you also understand that Nintendo has no interest in selling you a $30 item that you are going to turn around and flip for three times that amount while giving them none of your profit? The only limitation they placed on this release was that it would be available for a "limited time". Nintendo has kept that promise as it has only been available for the last three months and after this run, it may not be available any longer. In any event, it won't be in print forever, so it is in fact a limited edition.

[quote name='UberSwiss']That's true, but my thinking is because they are already listing the game as pre-owned, maybe a bunch of silly fools traded in their complete copies. Who knows...I'd cry because I drove 100 some miles to get a copy.[/QUOTE]

It's very possible that GS kept the listing as-is for the used copies, and just set that up as the listing for the reprint. Which means the reprint may not include the sdtk, booklet, etc.

[quote name='sabanoo']Aren't all of these games available for less as downloadable games from Nintendo? It's not like this was the only way to get these games if people really wanted them that much; it's the limited edition part that made people want it.[/QUOTE]

Are they the updated versions or the vanilla NES releases, also is Lost Levels available?

I don't download much from the Ninty store these days due to the shitty DRM.

[quote name='benjamouth']Are they the updated versions or the vanilla NES releases, also is Lost Levels available?

I don't download much from the Ninty store these days due to the shitty DRM.[/QUOTE]

Not sure but that's a valid point. I do know lost levels is available because it's the only one I actually have. No idea which versions they are though.

I assume Amazon will follow suit pretty soon, but I suppose I'm not going to miss out on this again (despite wishing they had actually decided to, you know, update an 18 year old package with, say.. Super Mario World or something... alas), so I've pre-ordered my copy.

[quote name='sabanoo']Not sure but that's a valid point. I do know lost levels is available because it's the only one I actually have. No idea which versions they are though.[/QUOTE]

They are the updated versions that were made for the original Super Mario All Stars, to my knowledge... This is essentially an exact port (with a 480p update I think).

[quote name='confoosious']they should have a slight difference to this package to separate it from the actual first run.[/QUOTE]

This seems like it would be an easy way to make everyone happy which means it would never happen.

I'm pre-order two copies one to play and one keep sealed and sell to you guys down the road in about 5-10 years... ;)

Edit: Thanks for posting OP!

[quote name='leshrac55']They are the updated versions that were made for the original Super Mario All Stars, to my knowledge... This is essentially an exact port (with a 480p update I think).[/QUOTE]

port of all stars (without world) = yes

480p = no

bread's done
Back