The Art of Epic Mickey - $23.76 [PREORDER: 9/6/2011]

Diggeh

CAG Newbie
artmickey.jpg

Preorder: $23.76 with FSSS!

• Hardcover: 160 pages
  • Publisher: Disney Editions (September 6, 2011)
Well folks, here's what we've all been waiting for.

Remember all that glorious concept art for Epic Mickey? The nightmarish characters? The stylized worlds? Scrapper Mickey?

Y'know, all that stuff that wasn't in the game.

It was a great game, but let's be honest. The concept art rocked our worlds.

Finally, after much pining, Disney Editions (not Chronicle Books, but still good) is giving us the art of talented Disney artists.

Well, what are you waiting for? Get going and preorder! Or else...

Last edited by a moderator:
Only 160 pages for that price? Seems a little steep. I mean, that's a decent amount and all but if I'm going to buy an art book for a game that's separate from the CE, I'm expecting 200+ pages.

Only 200? That's a little low. I demand 600 pages! No sale unless it rivals Underworld or Infinite Jest.

Here's what i don't get: preorder for September? Damn, I haven't preordered anything this early since Dead Space 2 in 2009. But I'm tempted.

[quote name='confoosious']Only 200? That's a little low. I demand 600 pages! No sale unless it rivals Underworld or Infinite Jest.

Here's what i don't get: preorder for September? Damn, I haven't preordered anything this early since Dead Space 2 in 2009. But I'm tempted.[/QUOTE]

Haha, that's just my minimum. I will concede that the concept art for this game was wicked sweet, but I'm not really a Mickey fan.

I remember alot of people talking about the concept art so this looks pretty intriguing. I still don't really get the fuss over "scrapper mickey" though, looks just like mickey but with angry eyes.

UPDATE: The price has lowered from $30 to the lovely regular Disney art book price of $26.40.

It's a good price to lock yours in at! :bouncy:

ooo, it's hardcover too? Think I'll have to bite on this one. The game had so much promise too, it's too bad it didn't turn out as great as it sounded.

UPDATE #2: The book has now dropped to the ridiculously low price of $23.76. Even by art book standards! (Usual Disney art books are $26.40.)

You have no excuse not to lock in your purchase at this price. :hot::hot::hot:

[quote name='Diggeh']UPDATE #2: The book has now dropped to the ridiculously low price of $23.76. Even by art book standards! (Usual Disney art books are $26.40.)

You have no excuse not to lock in your purchase at this price. :hot::hot::hot:[/QUOTE]

I can't say no now. Ordered. Thanks!

Never bought an art book before but I'm a sucker for Disney stuff, and the concept art for EM was incredible, so... SOLD!

Epic Mickey has a good number of products released for it.... LOL I think Disney thought this game was gonna sell like 5 million copies or something

- collector's edition with statue, stickers and DVD
- paintbrush nunchuck
- wiimote charger
- high quality art book
- high quality strategy guide
- paperback book

[quote name='ItsaMeMario']Epic Mickey has a good number of products released for it.... LOL I think Disney thought this game was gonna sell like 5 million copies or something

- collector's edition with statue, stickers and DVD
- paintbrush nunchuck
- wiimote charger
- high quality art book
- high quality strategy guide
- paperback book[/QUOTE]

it should have sold much better. it's such a great game. i love the ce guide. i'm looking to track down a wiimote charger for cheap.

Wow I had completely forgotten about this! Did anyone pick this one up? Wondering how it turned out.

Got my book yesterday. It's quite big, and it looks really great. Only skimmed through it but the artwork looked great, and it's printed on some nice high quality paper too. Really nice coffee table style book.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Got my book yesterday. It's quite big, and it looks really great. Only skimmed through it but the artwork looked great, and it's printed on some nice high quality paper too. Really nice coffee table style book.[/QUOTE]

2nd this, I've had mine for a week, Amazon zipped it out, and I totally forgot I bought it.

LOL to the 40 dollar price.

It's really a good book, alot of pages.

bread's done
Back