Feedback
241 (100%)
Nintendogs+Cats

Release Date: 3/27 (Launch Title)
MSRP: $39.99

51mxaolskiL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
51YTM02o3XL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
51xu8tDTBQL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

You can try to pretend you're a manly man all you want, but the little girl inside you can't wait to use your stylus to pet a whole new generation of furry canines and felines on the upcoming launch title for 3DS.

Pet Breeds Revealed

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/02/12/nintendogs-cats-3ds-breeds-revealed-tears-joystiq-staff-apart/

Toy Poodle and Friends

• Toy Poodle
  • Pembroke Welsh Corgi
  • Mini Schnauzer
  • Boxer
  • Bull Terrier
  • Labrador Retriever
  • Shih Tzu
  • Jack Russell
  • Pomeranian
French Bulldog and Friends

• French Bulldog
  • Shetland Sheepdog
  • Cavalier King Charles Spaniel
  • Chihuahua
  • Dalmatian
  • Yorkshire Terrier
  • German Shepherd
  • Husky
  • Basset Hound
Shiba Inu and Friends (Golden Retriever and Friends for US/Europe)

• Shiba Inu
  • Golden Retriever
  • Beagle
  • Mini Pinscher
  • Dachshund
  • Maltese
  • Great Dane
  • Pug
  • Cocker Spaniel
If you, like me, aren't so knowledgeable about what all the different dog breeds look like, you can follow this link.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/adcj/appear/index.html

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ThatAwesome1']How many cat breeds are going to be in each game? There weren't any listed in any of the lists...[/QUOTE]

At the bottom of this page about Nintendogs, there's this:

appear_img06.jpg

I'm assuming based on the website that these three cat breeds are the only ones offered. Of course, there will likely be at least three color variations for each cat.

But yeah. My guess is these three breeds will be in every game. It's more about the Nintendogs, after all.

I'm not into these types of games, but the original Nintendogs was the gateway drug that got my Wife into playing the DS. I ended up getting her a DS of her own so I could have mine back, lol.

This game is the only reason I was even considering getting a DS at launch. But I'd essentially be paying $300 for the +Cats portion of the game. Just not worth it for me. But when I eventually do get a 3DS, this will be one of the first games I pick up.

Hmmm... I could give a flying crap about the dogs. While Nintendogs was certainly innovative, I only played it for about 10 minutes. My kids only played it for a day.

So I'm interested in this for the cats. I've been calling for a Nintencats for like 5 years now. I am getting a 3DS no matter what, so I will probably get this as it seems like the best launch title. I'd be inclined to wait but I'll want something to show off the 3D.

It is interesting to see that the same 3 breeds will be in each game. But based on the cover, I might want that second one since it looks like the twin girls (named Peach and Daisy) that we got a few years ago. And then the one on the right looks like poor Io (RIP)... I may have to get that one just for the cover. All my cats have always been American shorthairs (that's pretty much your average pound cat ;)). Hopefully there are WAY more than 3 color choices though.

That's too bad about the cover because if I was going to get it for the dogs, I'd probably choose the first one (not so much into the Toy Poodles).

Here's Peach sitting on our launch-day Wii:

Hey Strell, which breed of dog do you want?
>Husky!
Well we're going to give you THE WORST BOXART EVER. HA HA HA HA HA

It's like Robotnik is running Nintendo. Or Dr. Claw.

I'm on the fence about this one. I played Nintendogs for about 3 days before giving it over to my girl who played it religiously for months and eventually bought all 3 carts to trade toys. If Pilotwings doesn't end up being launch day I'll probably get this.

I have 3 cats. I DO NOT need this game. :lol: Plus, the original was cute for a couple days, but it got old really, really fast. I hope they added a lot more substance to this one, other than kittehz of course.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']I have 3 cats. I DO NOT need this game. :lol: Plus, the original was cute for a couple days, but it got old really, really fast. I hope they added a lot more substance to this one, other than kittehz of course.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's my concern as well. Hopefully it is more than just kitties tacked on and of course, 3D...

[quote name='Strell']Hey Strell, which breed of dog do you want?
>Husky!
Well we're going to give you THE WORST BOXART EVER. HA HA HA HA HA

It's like Robotnik is running Nintendo. Or Dr. Claw.[/QUOTE]

Seriously, I know. Those covers are pretty bad. I'm glad I want the Golden Retriever one, because it's the one I can order with the straightest of faces. The Toy Poodle? Not so much.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']I have 3 cats. I DO NOT need this game. :lol: [/QUOTE]

Because I have no pets, I'm probably a better candidate for this game. And when I had Nintendogs DS, I had cats, which weren't in the original game. So at least I didn't have that sense of neglect from playing with a virtual dog as opposed to the real one at your feet. ;)

I know this thread needs to be updated now, but I thought I would bump it for the launch.

I received this game and my 3DS yesterday. Upon turning on the game, you're greeted with the kennel, and the dogs there are definitely more detailed than in the first Nintendogs title. I didn't care for the look of the long-haired breeds in the first titles, but now, they're more richly detailed instead of simply looking thicker.

There are more color variations among the breeds this time. I surprised myself by picking a dachshund as my first dog. Although I had intended to get either a golden retriever or a shiba, the little dachshund just looked so happy, I had to take him home.

The game starts off at a slower pace, allowing you to spend more time with your dog and getting to know the controls. Instead of forcing you to teach your dog a whole array of tricks like the first games, you're prompted to teach it one, then told you can teach it more whenever you like.

The game definitely feels even more leisurely than the first, and I'm enjoying it a good deal. It looks fabulous in 3D, although the addition of Miis is a bit jarring next to the highly detailed environments and dogs.

One time when I had two catahoula pups that I was fostering one chewed on my gameboy with a game in it. The old gameboy and game survived, but got some nice battle wounds from the teeth. lol

I can't wait to get the 3ds to try it. Next month I should be able to get it.

While playing the game this evening, I was surprised to see it said I had a Streetpass in the Journal.
It was from Teddy, who owned a bull terrier. The message was something like, "Need a stick?" And the gift from him is a stick.

I checked my notifications, and it explained
Teddy was the Mii for Theodore Roosevelt. It gave the story of his bull terrier.
Said it was a special visit via internet. Thought that was pretty cool. You had an option to go to the park to visit the
bull terrier
, and it unlocked that breed for purchase.

bread's done
Back