2/15/11 Psn sale: tales monkey isl season $9.99; Penny Arc ep 1 & 2 bundle $2.99

PublikDefender

CAGiversary!
Playstation Store Update 15/02/11
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/02/15/playstation-store-update-177/

Penny Arcade Adventures: Episode 1 And 2 Bundle – Sale (PS3) (now $2.99, original price $14.99)
Tales Of Monkey Island – Full Season – Sale (PS3) (now $9.99, original price $19.99)
Let’s Golf – Minis – Sale (PS3/PSP) (now $0.99, original price $4.99)
Funky Lab Rat + Trial – Sale (PS3) (now $6.99, original price $9.99)
Blacklight: Tango Down – Sale (PS3) (now $9.99, original price $14.99)
Alien Breed 2: Assault – Sale (PS3) (now $6.99, original price $9.99)
Alien Breed: Impact – Sale (PS3) (now $6.99, original price $9.99)
5-In-1 Arcade Hits – Minis – Sale (PS3/PSP) (now $1.99, original price $3.99)
Mass Effect 2 – Terminus Pack – Perm Price Change (PS3) (now $1.99, original price Free)

Free PS3 DLC
ModNation Racers – Lovebug Kart And Mod (Free)
Fifa Soccer 11 – Fifa Ultimate Team (Free)
Hyperdimension Neptunia: Alchemy Helper (Free)
Hyperdimension Neptunia: Dragon With A Blue Shadow (Free)
Hyperdimension Neptunia: Giant Bull Awakens (Free)
Hyperdimension Neptunia: Out-Of-Control Robot (Free)

Free PSP DLC
Lord Of Arcana – Pack 1 (Free)

Free PS3 Themes
Acceleration of SUGURI X-Edition Theme (Free)
Ford Sync Theme (Free)

Free Music
Acceleration of SUGURI Music Track (x13) (Free)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ml_paladin888']i like how something that was once free and now costs 1.99 is listed as a sale (at least it is in this thread)[/QUOTE]

To be fair, the store update page lists it as a price update, not a sale. The OP just copied and pasted everything in that section.

[quote name='mxpowar']I can't find the Penny Arcade bundle on the store. Did they really discount it to $3!!??[/QUOTE]
Thats what I'm wondering, I almost bought it this morning for $15.

in for Penny Arcade if it could be found..definitely getting BTTF, so glad it hit, I didn't ever bother to find out when it was coming to PS3, but I haven't yet played it and am really looking forward to it.

Damn Penny Arcade Adventures 1 & 2 for $2.99? Is this a mistake? I just checked to see if perhaps they were too old for trophies but ps3trophies.org lists trophies for both! Figures I just started playing it last week on my brother's xbox and I really don't think they are worth playing through again. Still that's an insane discount for 2 games.

i didn't find any special deals section, but i found an alternative way to get it. when entering the psn store click games, then bundles, then scroll down alphabetically and it is there: penny arcade otrspod bundle ep 1 and 2 for $2.99

if you are planning on getting it, hurry up and buy it now just in case it is a pricing mistake.

[quote name='PublikDefender']i didn't find any special deals section, but i found an alternative way to get it. when entering the psn store click games, then bundles, then scroll down alphabetically and it is there: penny arcade otrspod bundle ep 1 and 2 for $2.99[/QUOTE]
New Releases > Special Offers, that's where I got it, though it seems to be gone now.

[quote name='Zerok']New Releases > Special Offers, that's where I got it, though it seems to be gone now.[/QUOTE]

I still see it there. Definitely out of the way. Intentional?

I just purchased it and it disappeared from the Special Offers section. I'm guessing that's what happened to you.

Nope, not in new releases or in the bundles section, either. For those of you who got in on it, congrats. For me, :cry:.

EDIT: I own the first one but not the second; is it possible it's only available to those who don't own either? That would be quite a dick move, Sony.

@mxpowar
it is definitely still there. alternatively, click view all by title after entering the store, the p for penny. click on penny arcade episode 1 or 2 (doesn't matter which). the bundle shows up for $2.99 while the individual episode it is next to is $15 lol.

Day-first date formatting makes me a sad panda. OP, can you fix it and put the month first? The main game deals forum is for USA deals, and we typically list the month first.

[quote name='PublikDefender']@mxpowar
it is definitely still there. alternatively, click view all by title after entering the store, the p for penny. click on penny arcade episode 1 or 2 (doesn't matter which). the bundle shows up for $2.99 while the individual episode it is next to is $15 lol.[/QUOTE]
Checked both episodes and no bundles are listed. Looks like I'm being blocked from the deal for some reason and all I can say is fuck you, Sony.

I just got the Penny Arcade Bundle for $3! Awesome!

I went to "View by Title", "P", "Penny Arcade". When you click on one of the two game listed, it should show the Demo, the single game you are viewing and the Bundle. Hit the Bundle and go to checkout. Woo!

Great price and I think it should be highlighted in the Thread Title. People shouldn't miss out on the deal.

[quote name='mxpowar']Nope, not in new releases or in the bundles section, either. For those of you who got in on it, congrats. For me, :cry:.

EDIT: I own the first one but not the second; is it possible it's only available to those who don't own either? That would be quite a dick move, Sony.[/QUOTE]

Not really, because the bundle is on sale, not the individual episodes.

[quote name='abilyk']Day-first date formatting makes me a sad panda. OP, can you fix it and put the month first? The main game deals forum is for USA deals, and we typically list the month first.[/QUOTE]

whatever. i changed it but in principle you (american or not) should always use the international standard for better file organization anyway.

[quote name='h3ro']

Great price and I think it should be highlighted in the Thread Title. People shouldn't miss out on the deal.[/QUOTE]

just changed that too.

[quote name='PublikDefender']
if you are planning on getting it, hurry up and buy it now just in case it is a pricing mistake.[/QUOTE]

It's not. I picked them both up for $3 on Steam at the end of January. I think they gave up since a lot of infighting happened over the failed sequels just a couple of weeks prior. So they slashed the prices on the first two.

Back in March, PA blamed Hothead for not being able to complete the game. In early January, Hothead fired back (yeah, 9 months later) and blamed it on PA not keeping up with the workload. Then they bickered over how Part 3 would be made if it sold well on the Mac App Store. Two weeks later, Steam slashes the price to $3 and now PSN does as well.

The games are decent if you like their humor. It's basic adventure gaming with a lot of timed button presses. I don't read their web comic, but I did LOL a few times during the games.

[quote name='PublikDefender']i didn't find any special deals section, but i found an alternative way to get it. when entering the psn store click games, then bundles, then scroll down alphabetically and it is there: penny arcade otrspod bundle ep 1 and 2 for $2.99

if you are planning on getting it, hurry up and buy it now just in case it is a pricing mistake.[/QUOTE]

It shouldn't be a pricing mistake considering it was listed on the official Blog.

[quote name='shadowkast']sure wish there was a thread in the ps3 lounge that discussed these deals on the PSN on a weekly basis

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=180647[/QUOTE]

As has been previously said when this is brought up, that thread lists the entire updates, not just the deals. Furthermore, this is the deals forum. People come here to find out about deals. If you wanted to find out about XBLA deals, would you go to the forum marked Xbox Gaming Discussion or Video Game Deals?

[quote name='PublikDefender']whatever. i changed it but in principle you (american or not) should always use the international standard for better file organization anyway.[/QUOTE]

Thank you. While I completely agree that the day/month/year format makes more sense logically it is still confusing when I see it listed as such. Next you'll be wanting me to measure things in centimeters and grams instead of inches and pounds! (Also agree with the former being far more logical but confusing as hell when you were raised to be an idiot)

I was finally able to find the bundle by using the search bar and typing penny arcade adventures, but when I click on it, it takes me to a screen with nothing on it and the words, "No content was found", on the bottom. I spoke with a Sony CSR and he said that the content was taken down for maintenance. I'm really frustrated :bomb: but hopefully they'll put it back up or maybe Amazon will price match...

[quote name='mxpowar']I was finally able to find the bundle by using the search bar and typing penny arcade adventures, but when I click on it, it takes me to a screen with nothing on it and the words, "No content was found", on the bottom. I spoke with a Sony CSR and he said that the content was taken down for maintenance. I'm really frustrated :bomb: but hopefully they'll put it back up or maybe Amazon will price match...[/QUOTE]

You can't buy bundles if you already own one of the items. That's how it works for every bundle in the store. You're out of luck, sorry.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']You can't buy bundles if you already own one of the items. That's how it works for every bundle in the store. You're out of luck, sorry.[/QUOTE]
I asked the CSR this exact question and he said that you CAN technically rebuy content you already own and that the content shouldn't be blocked for me.

EDIT: Also, I just checked and I am able to find and purchase the flow bundle even though I already own the original game but not the expansion.

Got Penny Arcade. Always wanted to try them out, but $15 a pop was not going to happen. Three bucks sounds about right, especially since they are not doing the next 2 episodes. I'm just hoping the follow through and rap up the story line somehow.

FYI I just went under view by title, then to P, the picked a episode and the bundle was there.

I already have Penny Arcade 1 on my main PSN account. I always wanted 2 but felt $15 was a bit much for the amount of playing I got out of it. 1 was fun, but I figured I could wait for 2 to go on sale.

I can not purchase the bundle on my main account. No matter how I try to get the games, the bundle is never an option.

I switched over to my sub account and the bundle is there for $2.99.

I assume it is true that once you own part of the bundle, you can not buy the whole bundle.

Of course, there are only a few pennies in my sub account, and a few bucks in my main one. :roll:

Well, at least I now know that I'm not crazy and there isn't some conspiracy by Sony to stop me from buying the bundle:lol:. Do you think a Sony CSR would be able to delete the episode one purchase from my account history so that I could purchase the bundle?

[quote name='KneeKnee']I already have Penny Arcade 1 on my main PSN account. I always wanted 2 but felt $15 was a bit much for the amount of playing I got out of it. 1 was fun, but I figured I could wait for 2 to go on sale.

I can not purchase the bundle on my main account. No matter how I try to get the games, the bundle is never an option.

I switched over to my sub account and the bundle is there for $2.99.

I assume it is true that once you own part of the bundle, you can not buy the whole bundle.

Of course, there are only a few pennies in my sub account, and a few bucks in my main one. :roll:[/QUOTE]
Well, at least I now know that I'm not crazy and there isn't some conspiracy by Sony to stop me from buying the bundle:lol:. Do you think a Sony CSR would be able to delete the episode one purchase from my account history so that I could purchase the bundle?

[quote name='PublikDefender']whatever. i changed it but in principle you (american or not) should always use the international standard for better file organization anyway.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't make sense. If it was for better file organization, you would use YYYYMMDD, since then it would be organized chronologically when sorted.

Wow, the Penny Arcade bundle for $3 is INSANE. Like honestly, they could have priced it at like $5 and it still would have been a steal.

I'm a plus member, and it does show up as free for me, but not with the yellow font that Plus games usually show up with in the store. The sam and max games were the only games that didn't have an expiration date so that's probably why they still show up as free despite that offer being over now.

Heads up everyone. Played PA Ep1 for a good half hour and it all of a suddenly crashed and sent me back to XMB. This is a problem cause the game relies strictly on manual saving, no auto-saving. Not sure if crashing is common, but yeah, save often.

[quote name='craig.courtney']Got Penny Arcade. Always wanted to try them out, but $15 a pop was not going to happen. Three bucks sounds about right, especially since they are not doing the next 2 episodes. I'm just hoping the follow through and rap up the story line somehow.
[/QUOTE]

http://www.penny-arcade.com/rainslick/

I can confirm that it is in the Special Offers section and after you purchase it, it DOES disappear from that section. I did not search alphabetically or under bundles as I found it in this location first.

I had neither of these games prior to today. I say that because I noted that many of you believe that is why you cannot find it.

X-87

I seem to remember in the past reading that someone said that the Penny Arcade series was never completed, is that true? After episode 2, is there a cliffhanger?

I'm not surprised to find out that the PA series will be unfinished. I swore off buying anymore games made by Hothead after my recent experience with Deathspank TOV.

I fell victim to the game-breaking earmuffs bug that occurs painfully close to the end of the game. Hothead claims that they are powerless to do anything to get the bug fixed, but the game continues to be sold. They can, and will, fix save files for PS3, but not xbox. I also found out that they no longer offer any type of refund to people who are affected by the glitch on xbox because information on how to avoid it has been available for such a long time.

Seems like Hothead may be falling into a pattern of blaming others for their inability to get things done.

So remember kids, always check your Hothead games for bugs before you buy. If you don't then you only have yourself to blame.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='popsandwich']I'm not surprised to find out that the PA series will be unfinished. I swore off buying anymore games made by Hothead after my recent experience with Deathspank TOV.

I fell victim to the game-breaking earmuffs bug that occurs painfully close to the end of the game. I purchased that game about a full year after it's release on XBL and it has not been fixed. Hothead claims that they are powerless to do anything to get the bug fixed, but the game continues to be sold. They can and will fix save files for PS3, but not xbox. I also found out that they no longer offer any type of refund to people who are affected by the glitch on xbox because information on how to avoid it has been available for such a long time.

Seems like Hothead may be falling into a pattern of blaming others for their inability to get things done.

So remember kids, always check your Hothead games for bugs before you buy. If you don't then you only have yourself to blame.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure that Deathspank ToV has been out a year?

Ah, man, I'd be all over Penny Arcade if I had my PS3 at school with me.

Eh, well, actually, I have them both on Steam, and I've played maybe half an hour of the first one, so maybe rebuying it wouldn't be the best decision. :p

[quote name='typical guy']Are you sure that Deathspank ToV has been out a year?[/QUOTE]
Can you buy online and then download later?

bread's done
Back