Scene It? Box Office Smash Bundle (360) $24.77 on Amazon

RanchLizard

CAGiversary!
Scene It? Box Office Smash Bundle (360) $24.77 on Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001CMNJQ2/

picture.php

I wanted this bundle because the buzzers work with You Don't Know Jack. But I couldn't find the bundle anywhere, and GameStop had just the buzzers for $19.99 used. It's out of print, so it might be hard to find.

The game came today. It's a lot of fun. Not quite as polished as Buzz, but the big button controllers seem good and the game is done well.

I suggest getting it while you still can if you think you might want it sometime.

picture.php

I can attest that the big button controllers work well with YDKJ. In fact, the game recognizes if you use them and reorganizes the answers so they're in the same order as the buttons on the controller.

Helps for those of us without 4 real controllers but still want the full YDKJ experience.

Scene-It is a decent game too.

If anyone is looking for the Scene It? bundles w/ the controllers, try your local Toys R Us. At this point, it's probably a super-long-shot, but if you manage to find one, they've been on clearance for under $10. Though it is highly unlikely, if you're already near (or at) a TRU, worth checking out anyway to see if any are still left in the R Zone.

I really wish they would expand the scene it series to include certain movie themes. I know they have Twilight for the Wii..but they could do some other things like their game board counter parts (Sienfield!)

That's great that they work with YDKJ. I did notice a couple of bundles at TRU a month or two ago but they weren't marked for clearance.

[quote name='ITDEFX']I really wish they would expand the scene it series to include certain movie themes. I know they have Twilight for the Wii..but they could do some other things like their game board counter parts (Sienfield!)[/QUOTE]

I agree with this statement, as well as getting other types of trivia such as music.

These games are great party games for small groups.

Thanks, OP. Ordered a bundle so that I'll have the controllers ready for when YDKJ drops to $20.

If you need the controllers for another game, go ahead and order. However, don't expect much from this particular game. After playing less than 5 times, the questions would start to repeat way too often. Obviously, the game would then turn into 'who could remember the response from the prior game', instead of true knowledge.

For a trivia game, it's simply not deep enough to hold your interest beyond 3 play sessions...

[quote name='dragonjud']If you need the controllers for another game, go ahead and order. However, don't expect much from this particular game. After playing less than 5 times, the questions would start to repeat way too often. Obviously, the game would then turn into 'who could remember the response from the prior game', instead of true knowledge.

For a trivia game, it's simply not deep enough to hold your interest beyond 3 play sessions...[/QUOTE]

Do you have your profile logged in? It remembers which questions were asked, I've played about a dozen games and rarely had a repeat question.

[quote name='Stimes']Does any one know if buzz controllers work on YDKJ? I'll probably buy scene it regardless. Thanks[/QUOTE]
According to the OP, and 2 other people above you, yes.

I'd also love to see a Seinfeld DLC for this, but I think this game's life cycle for DLC is over :whistle2:(

[quote name='waxHead']If anyone is looking for the Scene It? bundles w/ the controllers, try your local Toys R Us. At this point, it's probably a super-long-shot, but if you manage to find one, they've been on clearance for under $10. Though it is highly unlikely, if you're already near (or at) a TRU, worth checking out anyway to see if any are still left in the R Zone.[/QUOTE]
These were on clearance for $5 at Kmart for the longest time as well if I remember correctly. So if you don't want to pay $25 for one from Amazon, then check there.:D

[quote name='drawingboard']According to the OP, and 2 other people above you, yes.

I'd also love to see a Seinfeld DLC for this, but I think this game's life cycle for DLC is over :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

I haven't tried it, but the developers said the Buzz controllers don't work with YDKJ. Just the Big Button ones from Scene-It.

[quote name='Denbo32']Do you have your profile logged in? It remembers which questions were asked, I've played about a dozen games and rarely had a repeat question.[/QUOTE]

I always get repeats for Scene It, so it's kind of a bummer. YDKJ is episodic, so you're guaranteed to not get repeats as long as you play a new episode.

[quote name='k04sm02']I can attest that the big button controllers work well with YDKJ. In fact, the game recognizes if you use them and reorganizes the answers so they're in the same order as the buttons on the controller.

Helps for those of us without 4 real controllers but still want the full YDKJ experience.

Scene-It is a decent game too.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting that. I've been looking for that info after hearing that the big button controllers work. I didn't see the point if the answers were still laid out like the typical controller buttons.

[quote name='dragonjud']If you need the controllers for another game, go ahead and order. However, don't expect much from this particular game. After playing less than 5 times, the questions would start to repeat way too often. Obviously, the game would then turn into 'who could remember the response from the prior game', instead of true knowledge.

For a trivia game, it's simply not deep enough to hold your interest beyond 3 play sessions...[/QUOTE]

I wonder if it has to do with who initiates the game. I've played 5 or 6 times with my girlfriend without repeats, except for once. It was the one instance where she started the game and I signed in at the title screen. Every other time I started the game. And it was the 2nd or 3rd game, not one of the last ones.

Scene-It does not repeat as long as you're signed in to the same gamertag and here's the kicker:

COMPLETE THE DAMN TRIVIA GAME, you can't turn it off mid-round and expect it to cache the used questions.

[quote name='xfade']Scene-It does not repeat as long as you're signed in to the same gamertag and here's the kicker:

COMPLETE THE DAMN TRIVIA GAME, you can't turn it off mid-round and expect it to cache the used questions.[/QUOTE]

Everyone's experience seems to be different. Maybe you were not playing with 4 players.
I played 4 rounds of this game, on the same xbox, with the same 4 players. After the 4th time, the questions started to repeat. It would not do it annoyingly so, but repeating even just one question on a trivia game, ruins the experience.
That said, it's not like it has infinite permutations. The simple truth is that the amount of content is limited to the questions on the disk, and that which you have downloaded. For me, the repeated questions were the killer, and did not make the game worth playing again.

I've played this edition of scene-it, locally on a friend's console three times. Both myself and my friend were signed in with our gamertags. All three times we played the game until the end of the session. We still had repeated questions.

By the way, this game has been at this price on Amazon for quite a while now (I've been watching it for a few months since playing on my friend's console) and it's only $5 cheaper than MSRP.

Really fun game. I still need two achievements in it but they're the really grindy ones from the Award Winners DLC, and my wife is tired of playing the game.

For what it's worth, I played the first Microsoft published one and thought it seemed really well made and fun. Possibly it was just NXE confusing me at the time, but I coudln't figure out how to be logged in to earn points off it (I bet that was just because I brought my system to the other room and NXE was new/weird) but anyway the game is fun. If the Twilight version was on the current gen systems I'd have probably bought it :D (although I guess the newer ones are by a different developer?)

that is odd that you guys get repeat questions so easily. I've been playing this game sporadically for over a year and I have yet to get any repeats. Video clips repeat, yeah, but the questions are always different. Always signed in as my profile as player 1 and my fiance is always signed in with her profile as player 2

[quote name='Wolfpup']If the Twilight version was on the current gen systems I'd have probably bought it :D (although I guess the newer ones are by a different developer?)[/QUOTE]

Last I checked, Wii and DS (& PC) are still current gen. At least until 3DS comes out next month.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']These were on clearance for $5 at Kmart for the longest time as well if I remember correctly. So if you don't want to pay $25 for one from Amazon, then check there.:D[/QUOTE]
Yep, but my store always had the Scene It bundle that isn't the clearanced one. This is a bit more than I want to pay for it, simply for the fact that it used to be dirt cheap, but I am contemplating it.

I've had this in my cart at Amazon for months, but still haven't pulled the trigger. I might just wait until I get a PS3, as I read today that you can use Buzz! controllers on Scene It. Would be nice to have just one set of trivia controllers and keep the clutter down.

This is a game they really could have pulled in the $$ to me if they would have supported better with downloads. Great game that needed more content.

[quote name='Wolfpup'](although I guess the newer ones are by a different developer?)[/QUOTE]
Yeah, the latest 360 game was done by a different developer, and the word on it is pretty bad. Straight port from the Wii version, no avatar support, very bare bones/low budget presentation compared to Box Office Smash.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Yeah, the latest 360 game was done by a different developer, and the word on it is pretty bad. Straight port from the Wii version, no avatar support, very bare bones/low budget presentation compared to Box Office Smash.[/QUOTE]

Yea it's worth 20 or less

Should have waited til it hit Target clearance when I saw it for 7.xx.

It's still a decent game... I think the avatar support is what makes BOS a fun game.

bread's done
Back