New Trigun Complete Set $22.49

Although Wikipedia says Funimation has the US rights for Blu-ray, I don't really see that happening anytime soon given the age of the series. Thinking about it...

[quote name='FunkyDoRight']I would be all over a Blu Ray version of that[/QUOTE]

I don't see why. Considering it would likely be an upscale, the only real benefit is less discs.

One of these days I might pick it up again. I sold my old copy to a friend a few years back.

I got it for my birthday, and it's still as amazing as ever. Funimation will put ANYTHING on blu ray (im still shocked that they are putting Yu Yu Hakusho on blu). However, the DVD is just as good and is totally worth it.

If you loved Trigun, grab Gungrave and you'll fall in love with that anime too.

[quote name='SanjiX']I got it for my birthday, and it's still as amazing as ever. Funimation will put ANYTHING on blu ray (im still shocked that they are putting Yu Yu Hakusho on blu). However, the DVD is just as good and is totally worth it.

If you loved Trigun, grab Gungrave and you'll fall in love with that anime too.[/QUOTE]
I preferred Gungrave over Trigun. I remember watching Gungrave when it aired in the US, I want to say, on G4 years ago. Must have been at least 6 years ago, because I hadn't joined the military yet. So good.

[quote name='SanjiX'](im still shocked that they are putting Yu Yu Hakusho on blu)[/QUOTE]

I would have been shocked if they didn't. Yu Yu Hakusho's one of their most popular series and it's already been released on Blu-ray in Japan.

I had to get this. Loved it when I first watched it on Cartoon Network, and I've been wanting to rewatch it lately.. I had no idea they did a movie last year. I'm pretty excited.

[quote name='slfc']It's not dead. Offer ends March 7, 2011.[/QUOTE]
At the time he posted, the price had gone up to $40-something. I know, because I saw his post, immediately clicked the link in the OP, and then kicked myself for not jumping on the deal earlier. Now I have a second chance to miss out on the deal, :).

[quote name='JamesFerguson']Is this worth the upgrade from the original DVD releases?[/QUOTE]

No, nothing has been changed. It's actually inferior to Geneon's "Trigun Remix" releases, as those versions had restored the unique openings for each episode.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']No, nothing has been changed. It's actually inferior to Geneon's "Trigun Remix" releases, as those versions had restored the unique openings for each episode.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I'll hold on to the original DVDs then. If they had better quality or additional features I'd consider the upgrade.

bread's done
Back