- - - - -

(DEAD) Mafia 2 Collector Edition Xbox 360 $29.99 Newegg

#31 VendettaXBL   Hunter Master Race CAGiversary!   7501 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

VendettaXBL

Posted 18 February 2011 - 11:16 PM

Mafia II >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GTA IV

#32 czissis   Awesome CAGiversary!   338 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 18 February 2011 - 11:18 PM

I'd definetly buy one if I didn't get the game free with my OnLive Microconsole. The extras are tempting though....

#33 cartagena07   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   34 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

cartagena07

Posted 18 February 2011 - 11:22 PM

got one. finally reached my price point. I was worried after I waited for amazon to get to that price, and it never happened.

thanks op

#34 Vap   Banned Banned   1684 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 19 February 2011 - 12:27 AM

I was afraid I would never be able to get this for under $35 after waiting to long on the last amazon deal. Thanks op!

#35 GlassAgate   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   436 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

GlassAgate

Posted 19 February 2011 - 01:35 AM

They're back in stock.

If they go out of stock, again, just check back in a while.

#36 DanteWarrior   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1377 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

DanteWarrior

Posted 19 February 2011 - 01:42 AM

Collectible SteelBook Casing: Crushed metallic SteelBook

Thats more like what you will be getting with Newegg's packaging of collector editions. They will just throw it around in a normal bubble wrap.
Been on recieving end multiple times.

#37 tonyv4   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2315 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 19 February 2011 - 02:24 AM

thanks!ordered one a while ago.

#38 AteBit   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   346 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 February 2011 - 02:32 AM

Collectible SteelBook Casing: Crushed metallic SteelBook

Thats more like what you will be getting with Newegg's packaging of collector editions. They will just throw it around in a normal bubble wrap.
Been on recieving end multiple times.

Thanks for the heads up was about to buy this. On another note does anyone know if amazon had it for this cheap or lower in the past?

#39 tonyv4   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2315 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 19 February 2011 - 02:44 AM

Thanks for the heads up was about to buy this. On another note does anyone know if amazon had it for this cheap or lower in the past?

I believe that they had it for $37 new a while back unless I'm somehow mistaken. They had one once on amazon warehouse for 30.

#40 blindinglights   ... CAGiversary!   4579 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

blindinglights

Posted 19 February 2011 - 04:06 AM

If anyone gets a copy that needs to be returned, be prepared to pay the return shipping yourself and take scans of the receipts for the shipping to show to a customer representative so they will reimburse you for it.

#41 Vap   Banned Banned   1684 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 19 February 2011 - 04:16 AM

So is bad shipping a common problem from newegg? Is there anything else I should know about them? This is my first time ordering from them.

#42 czissis   Awesome CAGiversary!   338 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 February 2011 - 04:20 AM

So is bad shipping a common problem from newegg? Is there anything else I should know about them? This is my first time ordering from them.

They are known for being awful at packaging. You'll find lots of complaints in their reviews about computer parts like harddrives being DOA because of awful packaging.

I used to use NewEgg all the time then their prices became less competitive and their shipping times slipped.

#43 chbong   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   39 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 February 2011 - 06:54 AM

Back in stock.

#44 Ruahrc   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1134 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 19 February 2011 - 08:43 AM

I'm gonna be this guy. I enjoy the game, but is it worth the upgrade to buy the collectors edition and sell off my original copy?

As one who owns the CE, and being a huge fan of the game (just finished a 2nd playthrough) I honestly have a little difficulty recommending an upgrade if you already own the game. If you don't own the game, I would almost recommend someone buy the std. version for $20 (if you can find it) over this for $30, unless you really like CEs.

The artbook's not bad, but probably a little less than half the content is the same as the unlockable extras you get for beating the game (pinups, movie posters, etc). There's some nice sections in it though for example the ads they created for the game, and some variations on their menu UI.

The std. version of the game still comes with the fold-out map. I don't know about the paper being tear-resistant but I don't intend to tear it anyways.

The soundtrack is nice and +1 for being on an actual CD, not a download. 48 tracks and 1.2hrs total, it's a pretty complete OST I think, although most tracks are only 1-2 mins long. The best track IMO is the opening title.

The Made Man DLC pack I believe is still exclusive to the CE although you can buy the preorder DLCs off of XBL now. It's nice I guess although I often chose not to use the content just because it didn't feel "right" in terms of RP and keeping the atmosphere.
Spoiler

Just my $0.02. I would not upgrade my current version as you aren't really missing out on any content, mostly packaging. If you're into game soundtracks it might be worth it, especially as it's a real CD with lossless quality. Or if you like steelbooks. When I bought the CE I thought that the map would be exclusive to the CE version.

Not trying to badmouth the game- I loved the game and am glad I have the CE, but I have thought about picking this up as a gift however I feel I might be better off just finding the regular copy for $20 instead.

Ruahrc

P.S.- a little OT but I'm playing Jimmy's Vendetta right now and honestly it reminds me of why I am glad they made Mafia II the story driven experience it is, rather than a more open-world game. Had they rolled this into the main game I think it would have diluted the impact of the story, and reduced it to just another GTA clone.

#45 newlu   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1574 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 19 February 2011 - 08:49 AM

tempting...

#46 Mako1215   Mr.OneOfWonder Banned   7273 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 February 2011 - 08:50 AM

I just ordered mine. Thanks, OP!
I also just found out that pig.com merged with ebates.com, and they gave me $10 back for any purchase over $25, so I basically got this for $20!

Thanks for that. Got it too.

#47 fujimitsu   I came to drink milk CAGiversary!   1096 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

fujimitsu

Posted 19 February 2011 - 08:53 AM

They are known for being awful at packaging. You'll find lots of complaints in their reviews about computer parts like harddrives being DOA because of awful packaging.

I used to use NewEgg all the time then their prices became less competitive and their shipping times slipped.

Just as a counter point.. ive spent thousands a year on newegg for the last 5 years or so, and never had a bad experience. Shipping is only slow on cheap items with "egg saver" shipping, and they tell you that up front. Their CS department is fantastic and RMAs are a breeze.... really the best place to buy PC hardware on the internet.

#48 Mako1215   Mr.OneOfWonder Banned   7273 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 February 2011 - 09:00 AM

Just as a counter point.. ive spent thousands a year on newegg for the last 5 years or so, and never had a bad experience. Shipping is only slow on cheap items with "egg saver" shipping, and they tell you that up front. Their CS department is fantastic and RMAs are a breeze.... really the best place to buy PC hardware on the internet.

I will second this. Just spent about close to a grand buying from them for my PC, and the packing was excellent, and shipping was insanely fast.

#49 GlassAgate   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   436 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

GlassAgate

Posted 19 February 2011 - 09:09 AM

What if you pay for 2-day air?

#50 Vap   Banned Banned   1684 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2011 - 05:41 AM

So I just place my order for this and Nail'd. The strange thing is when I check my account and pass orders it doesn't say anything about me ordering those games. Does it take awhile to process on newegg or does it mean myorder didnt go through?

#51 Finch106   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   563 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2011 - 08:19 AM

Funny thing about Newegg's terrible packaging...I bought the AVP Hunter Edition when it went cheap, and uh, my facehugger collectible wasn't broken. Surprise!!!1! So I just bought Mafia 2, thanks OP!

#52 Antipodes   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   449 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Antipodes

Posted 20 February 2011 - 10:43 AM

I've never had a problem with Newegg either. Haven't had to use their return service so can't comment on that.

#53 blindinglights   ... CAGiversary!   4579 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

blindinglights

Posted 23 February 2011 - 10:32 PM

Received mine today, was sliding around in an over-sized and really thin bubble mailer.

Luckily, I opened it to find the game in pristine condition. Not a single ding in the steelbook or anything.

#54 crpav   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   49 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2011 - 05:52 PM

My order is still sitting at "Charged".

#55 MaelstromB   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   305 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

MaelstromB

Posted 24 February 2011 - 06:55 PM

This deal is now dead. Newegg has it priced back at $79.99. OP should update the title to reflect the change. ;)

#56 nekromantix  

nekromantix

Posted 27 February 2011 - 04:20 AM

Eh.

I received my game today, and I think I am going to return it.

Plastic on the side is cracked. Crack runs from the bottom of the case to the first "I" in "II". Three-fourths of the damaged plastic is about to break off, and right under the crack, the steel case is nicely dented. Opened up the steel case and a handful of plastic pieces fell out.

Shot off an e-mail and I'm awaiting their response. /sadface

#57 tonyv4   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2315 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 28 February 2011 - 11:26 PM

just received my copy today. It has a small ding on the steel case but besides that it seems to be in good condition! thanks!