Radiant Historia DS - $34.99 w/ Soundtrack

Nitemare25

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Well, it looks like the "deal" for $29.99 is gone. As for the soundtrack, I wasn't really paying attention to it, but it doesn't seem like gohastings ever ran out of stock for this game, so you may get it if you order from them:

http://www.gohastings.com/product/GAME/Radiant-Historia/sku/282992358.uts

It seems to be OOS at gamestop.com, but it looks like it still exists in many physical Gamestop stores. Since they never restocked the game in their online store, it is very likely that you will find the game with the soundtrack in the physical store. (However, it is also very likely it will be gutted as well, so YMMV!) You can see if a store near you has it here:

http://www.gamestop.com/ds/games/radiant-historia/88489

It is also in stock on Amazon, but it is unlikely it will come with the soundtrack, since they had reordered the game:

http://www.amazon.com/Radiant-Historia-Nintendo-DS/dp/B004CVWETI/

Extra Info:

The reviews are still favorable:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/ds/radiant-historia/critic-reviews

The CD that comes with the game actually contains piano arrangements of some of the game's music, not music pulled straight from the game. Amazon doesn't seem to make this too clear, so I though I would mention it for those who care.

Tracklist:

01 - RADIANT HISTORIA
02 - Mechanical Kingdom
03 - Where the Wind and Feathers Return
04 - Blue Radiance
05 - -HISTORIA-

Total Time: 20'46"

Samples here:

http://www.atlus.com/radianthistoria/pre-order.html

Last edited by a moderator:
I really don't need another DS RPG in my backlog,but I'm really wanting this game. Thanks for the heads up.

Thanks for posting this... I preordered this game a month or two ago, at that time gamestop was the only one I could find offering the CD but now that AZ has it I can cancel and get it through them.

Cancelled my preorder of this and reordered again. Amazon seems very slow with price adjustment, and sometimes neglecting to change the price completely and just charge you the price before the adjustments.

On a brighter note, it has very favorable reviews on amazon japan. Will definitely be getting this.

I'm tempted to pick it up now just because I think I'd dig the soundtrack, despite having a ton of DS games to play already. The time travel thing sounds fun, as well.

[quote name='adriley313']thx for this
forgot i cancelled mine to get move my amazon credit to Dragon age 2[/QUOTE]

I did the same...

[quote name='Tom Ato']I think I'll grab one. I've already heard the soundtrack (don't ask how), didn't seem anything too great to me.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, I also just found some reviews of the CD that say something similar: (Looks like it's the one that came with the Japanese game, but I imagine its the same one.)

http://www.rpgfan.com/soundtracks/radianthistoria-piano/index.html

http://www.squareenixmusic.com/reviews/marc/radianthistoriapromo.shtml

That being said, other people's opinions aren't mine or yours. I just heard some of the tracks now, and they seem very good to me. I suppose these reviews may just show that it may not appeal to everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Time to cancel and reorder. Thanks much OP!

EDIT: Nevermind, they already adjusted the price! Weird, recently, book I have on preorder had a pricedrop and they didn't auto-adjust. Seems random...

[quote name='Tom Ato']I think I'll grab one. I've already heard the soundtrack (don't ask how), didn't seem anything too great to me.[/QUOTE]
Are you tonedeaf? I've heard some tracks and it was some of the best I've heard in a JRPG in years.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Time to cancel and reorder. Thanks much OP!

EDIT: Nevermind, they already adjusted the price! Weird, recently, book I have on preorder had a pricedrop and they didn't auto-adjust. Seems random...

Are you tonedeaf? I've heard some tracks and it was some of the best I've heard in a JRPG in years.[/QUOTE]

Just to be clear, according to that video on Amazon, the CD actually has piano renditions of music from the game. I thought that was what he was commenting on, but maybe everyone missed this. My links right above your post have reviews of that CD.

Nobody seems to have a problem with the game's actual soundtrack though:

http://www.rpgfan.com/soundtracks/radianthistoria/index.html

http://www.squareenixmusic.com/reviews/marc/radianthistoria.shtml

I'll change the OP to make this clear, since it is sort of odd. I actually didn't notice this until just today.

What's with the cancel and reorders around here? Amazon is supposed to have the preorder price guarantee, and they've had it for quite a while.

I'm interested but I'll wait a bit longer. The "pre-order" bonus is not a bonus item for pre-ordering. Is something that is shipped with all new copies of the game across all stores. Is just something Atlus do, has nothing to do with pre-ordering.

[quote name='Teeheehee']What's with the cancel and reorders around here? Amazon is supposed to have the preorder price guarantee, and they've had it for quite a while.[/QUOTE]

And it kicked in for my Oath in Felghana CE preorder, so there shouldn't be anything to worry about. If they don't honor it then I imagine contacting CS would have it sorted out anyway.

Well... I changed my mind. After reading a couple of the reviews. This looks like its going to be a classic for the DS. $29.99 is a good price. Maaaann, I have waaaaaaaaaaay too many games to play! I Haven't even begun the DQ Series, 999, Ace Attorney, Strange Journey, Pokemon, Final Fantasy Series, Zelda Series, and more that I own for the DS. Not counting the PS3 and PSP games. Good times to be a gamer, I say.

[quote name='xRemnant']Well... I changed my mind. After reading a couple of the reviews. This looks like its going to be a classic for the DS. $29.99 is a good price. Maaaann, I have waaaaaaaaaaay too many games to play! I Haven't even begun the DQ Series, 999, Ace Attorney, Strange Journey, Pokemon, Final Fantasy Series, Zelda Series, and more that I own for the DS. Not counting the PS3 and PSP games. Good times to be a gamer, I say.[/QUOTE]

this will be the next game i play.. (dragon quest 6 still sealed will be bumped back after this one)

will be done with Final fantasy 4 lights by friday (when gamestop ships me this game)

FF 4 lights was a good game until the final battles where they strip you of all crowns meaning your mostly $#$#$

First post here! Hey thanks for the heads up so many games out recently. I was also going to skip out until I saw the price drop. I'll have to put some games I was going to purchase next month on the purchase later list. Sorry Yakuza 4 and 3rd Birthday. I will still get Dissidia 012 though.

Thanks for the tip! I have a question, though:

Anyone know why Amazon is saying that the estimated delivery date is the 24th, even though I chose 1-day shipping, and the game is officially released tomorrow? Is this just the normal delay for processing newly launched titles?

[quote name='newhatter']Thanks for the tip! I have a question, though:

Anyone know why Amazon is saying that the estimated delivery date is the 24th, even though I chose 1-day shipping, and the game is officially released tomorrow? Is this just the normal delay for processing newly launched titles?[/QUOTE]

amazon gets the game on the 22th...they always go ALLOW US ONE DAY FOR PROCESSING (be the 23rd) and you get it on the 24th

though if you picked one day shipping there are very good odds you will get it on the 23rd but amazon is just coving their bases

Never heard of this game but yet this sounds really cool. I might as well pick up a copy since I kinda want to have some games to play on my new 3DS when it comes in.

[quote name='slidecage']amazon gets the game on the 22th...they always go ALLOW US ONE DAY FOR PROCESSING (be the 23rd) and you get it on the 24th

though if you picked one day shipping there are very good odds you will get it on the 23rd but amazon is just coving their bases[/QUOTE]

Awesome. Thanks. :D

[quote name='newhatter']Awesome. Thanks. :D[/QUOTE]
Everytime I order from Amazon it's usually a day earlier than expected delivery (unless there is shipping problems). Here is a question. Do you guys think this game will keep the same price in the next few days? I just remembered I have the $20 credit from bulletstorm coming and what a great way to use it. :D

[quote name='misterpiggybank']Well, my copy just shipped this morning. $30+tax
The delivery estimate for it is tomorrow, guess they're doing release day delivery.[/QUOTE]

why would amazon charge you tax ?

also did you have prime or did you do free super shipping

i was hoping gamestops shipped today but their office is closed ...so wont get it till friday :(

werid thing GROUND is 3 days yet Saver is next day LOL

[quote name='slidecage']why would amazon charge you tax ?

i was hoping gamestops shipped today but their office is closed ...so wont get it till friday :(

werid thing GROUND is 3 days yet Saver is next day LOL[/QUOTE]

Amazon charges tax to some states

I live in New York and they charge tax here.

NY used to be tax free until David Paterson got his grimy hands on it. Seems like the only online place I can think of that sells tax-free here is Steam.

Anyway order shipped this morning & should be here tomorrow.

[quote name='slidecage']why would amazon charge you tax ?

werid thing GROUND is 3 days yet Saver is next day LOL[/QUOTE]

Prime, but I think they'd still do release day delivery for you even if you had regular shipping.

I pre-ordered this one, even though I haven't finished Etrian Odyssey 3 yet, and I should be getting Tactics Ogre in the next day or so. Not to mention MvC3, and KZ3. With all these game releases, its like its November again.

[quote name='misterpiggybank']Prime, but I think they'd still do release day delivery for you even if you had regular shipping.[/QUOTE]

o well .. hopefully gamestop ships this ou tomorrow... depending on where its shipping from i will have it weds till next monday (even with GROUND it takes 4 days shipping WTF is up with that)

I did super saver on Tactics orge and it came next day (though it was released tuesday they never shipped it to Weds but i got it thursday)

i got my fingers crossed it comes weds or at least friday.

i got dragon quest 6 sealed i can play but i dont feel like opening that up if im going to play this as soon as it comes .

[quote name='Dead of Knight']

Are you tonedeaf? I've heard some tracks and it was some of the best I've heard in a JRPG in years.[/QUOTE]

Ok. I just re-listened to the whole damn thing. My initial opinion stands. They are good compositions, but I've heard so much Yoko Shimomura that all her compositions are starting to sound the same to me. I guess it takes something really special (Nier for example) to get my jaded ears to fall in love with game music these days.

The game comes out today, so I'll bump it for that!

does gamestop get a different shipping way then normal people..

it shows my game shipped from Kentucky today WITH 3 day ground it says wont show untii FRIDAY

i can go into ups Put in the kentucky zip code, put in my zip code and pick GROUND and it shows it would be there tomorrow ??

[quote name='newlu']Already OOS on Amazon[/QUOTE]

I ordered it a couple days before it went OOS on Amazon.. hoping that I'll still get the premium box/soundtrack. Says it's being prepared for shipment.

[quote name='newlu']Already OOS on Amazon[/QUOTE]
That was fast. It surprises me this sold out fast, but then again it is a premium with soundtrack/box. I would be assming they get non cd editions in now.

Either way at least I snagged a copy while it was $30, great price.

It doesn't say OOS, it says it ships in 2-3 weeks. Will it come with the soundtrack CD when they ship it? Probably. I doubt they ran out of first run copies that quickly, but it's possible.

[quote name='doodofdoods']It doesn't say OOS, it says it ships in 2-3 weeks. Will it come with the soundtrack CD when they ship it? Probably. I doubt they ran out of first run copies that quickly, but it's possible.[/QUOTE]

I don't understand the difference, either way they have no stock to ship you.. so aren't they technically out of stock even though it doesnt say so?

It now says it'll ship in 1-2 months.

bread's done
Back