Dragon Quest IV: Chapters of the Chosen $19.99 at Amazon (DEAD)

xRemnant

CAGiversary!
61Wwqefl%2BJL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

$19.99 & eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25.00.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001AF1NVY/ref=s9_simh_gw_p63_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1KT4QG5Z379PGEJ3A0S8&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846

6 left in stock as of this post. I purchased one copy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not usually one of the "This isn't a deal" people. But this game has been this price for over a year. I think people just get crossed up with DQ5 which has held it's price of $30-40 so far.

Ill take one, saw this last night and no that you posted it i had to jump on one before they are all gone

Yeah, this price has been in the $20 range since even before I got a DS back in October--one of the first games I bought for it.

[quote name='biledriver']I'm not usually one of the "This isn't a deal" people. But this game has been this price for over a year. I think people just get crossed up with DQ5 which has held it's price of $30-40 so far.[/QUOTE]

DQV price is not $30-40. As of right now is around $60-$80. This game been hovering between $25-$20.42. This the first time I seen it at $19.99. Granted won't be long until it officially land in the $20's range. I can somewhat agree on your objection. If not interested, is quite alright.

I got myself a copy. Is about time that Amazon itself found it lucrative to lower its price from $25 to $20. Everyone who buy it, hope you enjoy it. I have DQVI, DQIX, and, now DQIV. Missing the elusive and overpriced DQV.

Try Kmart for DQV. I have found it at several stores for $40. I wouldn't go out of your way for it, but they're still around.

[quote name='xRemnant']DQV price is not $30-40. As of right now is around $60-$80. This game been hovering between $25-$20.42. This the first time I seen it at $19.99. Granted won't be long until it officially land in the $20's range.[/QUOTE]

Available at Gamestop for $19.99: http://www.gamestop.com/ds/games/dragon-quest-iv/71541

It's been this price for the past few months. If the link doesn't work, just search Gamestop's site for it.

I found DQV at K-Mart as well several months back. It is definitely the place to check. They still had 2 more copies at the time too.

Not sure where you're at in NJ but this was the store in Blackwood, NJ.

[quote name='xRemnant']Recently? It has been many way too long since release.[/QUOTE]

This week. One store actually had two copies of DQV and no copies of DQVI.

[quote name='Petey Parker']I found DQV at K-Mart as well several months back. It is definitely the place to check. They still had 2 more copies at the time too.

Not sure where you're at in NJ but this was the store in Blackwood, NJ.[/QUOTE]

A few months ago, don't have my hopes high but I'm going to check for sure. I'm from Pennsauken, NJ (Camden County).

[quote name='waxHead']Available at Gamestop for $19.99: http://www.gamestop.com/ds/games/dragon-quest-iv/71541

It's been this price for the past few months.[/QUOTE]

Except you not really paying $19.99 at gamestop.com (tax, shipping, etc.). Better off buying it at Amazon. Even the $20.50's merchant from Amazon are better deal. That being said this is a price down from Amazon.com Inc. I'm glad there are many options for everyone who want this game, or are interested. As of right now this the best price and place to get it.

[quote name='xRemnant']A few months ago, don't have my hopes high but I'm going to check for sure. I'm from Pennsauken, NJ (Camden County).

Except you not really paying $19.99 at gamestop.com (tax, shipping, etc.). Better off buying it at Amazon. Even the $20.50's merchant from Amazon are better deal. That being said this is a price down from Amazon.com Inc. I'm glad there are many options for everyone who want this game, or are interested. As of right now this the best price and place to get it.[/QUOTE]

Tax really should be something people calculate on their own. Some people do pay tax at amazon. Others dont have to pay tax at any online store.

[quote name='xRemnant']Except you not really paying $19.99 at gamestop.com (tax, shipping, etc.). Better off buying it at Amazon. Even the $20.50's merchant from Amazon are better deal. That being said this is a price down from Amazon.com Inc. I'm glad there are many options for everyone who want this game, or are interested. As of right now this the best price and place to get it.[/QUOTE]

Amazon has the better price if you have Prime. It may not be the best price for those who don't (I currently don't). In any case, the base price at both is $19.99.

[quote name='xRemnant']A few months ago, don't have my hopes high but I'm going to check for sure. I'm from Pennsauken, NJ (Camden County).
[/QUOTE]

That's not too far. There's also a KMart in Deptford too so you'd have two opportunities in a 10 min span.

[quote name='cmahoney']I haven't played any of the DQ games on the DS. Is this a good one to start with?[/QUOTE]

I believe it is a good place to start. Is the first of the DQ(Roman) released on the DS and the cheapest price out of all of them. They all different story wise. There is some fundamental gameplay tweaks across the games but the concept is similar and if you enjoy IV there is a high probability you would enjoy the other entries in the series as well. Just keep in mind that it is a remake of a much older game.

[quote name='Petey Parker']That's not too far. There's also a KMart in Deptford too so you'd have two opportunities in a 10 min span.[/QUOTE]
I'm calling all the K-marts in my region at the moment. Failed so far but still hopeful. Deptford said they don't have it. :cry:

The only reason this thread is interesting is because it is now sold by Amazon when it previously was not. The price for a new copy has been consistant for the last few months. Whether it is a reprint or not, I don't care. I simply hope the price gets close to $10 for a used copy.

EDIT: I must say I was upset when I used my Amazon credit for Persona 3 Portable as a Deal of the Day when I was waiting to use it for a DQIV and it was sold by Amazon the day after the P3P deal. Good deal on P3P, but I had been wanting to use the credit on DQIV for a month.

[quote name='PapaSmerf']The only reason this thread is interesting is because it is now sold by Amazon when it previously was not. The price for a new copy has been consistant for the last few months. Whether it is a reprint or not, I don't care. I simply hope the price gets close to $10 for a used copy.

EDIT: I must say I was upset when I used my Amazon credit for Persona 3 Portable as a Deal of the Day when I was waiting to use it for a DQIV and it was sold by Amazon the day after the P3P deal. Good deal on P3P, but I had been wanting to use the credit on DQIV for a month.[/QUOTE]

Well I'm glad someone finally gets it. The deal is over, all the copies sold. Now is 20.42 from ToysDiva.

[quote name='xRemnant']Well I'm glad someone finally gets it. The deal is over, all the copies sold. Now is 20.42 from ToysDiva.[/QUOTE]

Oh my god! It's going to be rare and sell for a million dollars in a few days! Quick, everybody buy up as many copies as you can!!

[quote name='Vinny']Oh my god! It's going to be rare and sell for a million dollars in a few days! Quick, everybody buy up as many copies as you can!![/QUOTE]

once again people missing the point, it was sold by amazon not a 3rd party seller for this price, no ones saying its going to be rare.

toysdiva now 20.42

when those all are gone it goes to

gameroomdeals for 20.44

both would still be shippped free

Sears also has them for under 20

bread's done
Back