- - - - -

only $25 new - Skies of Arcadia Legends

#31 Roufuss   is now a coupon CAGiversary!   21591 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 25 May 2005 - 10:04 PM

You seem to be missing a game that was released after Chaos Field: Trizeal. Another shmup to add to the DC's extensive library that makes it in my opinion the best console for shmups and fighting games, period.

Yea... forgot about that one.

That one dosen't look like it's getting a port anytime soon, so I'll have to pick it up.

#32 Friend of Sonic   Toneman.org coming soon.. CAGiversary!   10041 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Friend of Sonic

Posted 26 May 2005 - 03:04 AM

I've played it. Very cool.

#33 AzN.Homeboy   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   15 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

AzN.Homeboy

Posted 26 May 2005 - 03:32 AM

I remember hearing that the PlayStation2 could not run Jet Grind/Set Radio, something about memory and colors and active somethings. While the Dreamcast could. Ah, that was a good bragging point back in the day. So was this actually true?
I don't have a signature. ¬_¬

#34 electrictroy   Banned Banned   1631 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

electrictroy

Posted 26 May 2005 - 08:40 AM

I heard the same think about Ecco the Dolphin.

That rumor was proved false about 1 year later, when Ecco was released to the PS2. I suspect the same is true for Jet Grind/Set Radio. They could do it, but for whatever reason, decided not to.

And even if PS2 couldn't handle it, I'm sure the Cube or Box could. And yet, Sega still hasn't ported it. Why not?

troy
Posted Image P.S. And please note that I am not attacking you personally. I think you're a great guy. I just disagree with your idea. ----- FAVORITES: (pre-85) Space Invaders/Asteroids/Missile Command/Berzerk/Pitfall/Indy 500/Defender/Pac-Man Junior ---------- (85-95) Arkanoid, Marble Madness, Pirates!, Elite, Red Storm Rising, Final Fantasy 6, Chrono Trigger ---------- (95-05) Final Fantasy 9, 10, Banjo-Kazooie

#35 Ruined   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1714 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 26 May 2005 - 03:38 PM

Look around. You should be able to get a Cube for ~$50. Like I did:

- Bought Cube for $89 on sale
- Sold the free game on Ebay for $35.
- Net price = $54

Then you can play excellent Cube-only games like Skies, Eternal Darkness, Fzero, Metroid Prime, and the new Zelda Realistic.

troy

Not about money, i just don't want a third console cluttering up my living room. And out of the 3 consoles this year, cube by far has the least amount of good games IMO, so it was the one i didnt buy.

#36 AzN.Homeboy   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   15 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

AzN.Homeboy

Posted 26 May 2005 - 04:23 PM

I never heard of that about Ecco the Dolphin, and quite frankly, I can't see anything in it that would make somebody say it couldn't be run on the PS2. It used a standard graphics style and had nothing "special" going on. It did look beautiful though.
I don't have a signature. ¬_¬

#37 electrictroy   Banned Banned   1631 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

electrictroy

Posted 27 May 2005 - 04:22 PM

I never heard of that about Ecco the Dolphin, and quite frankly, I can't see anything in it that would make somebody say it couldn't be run on the PS2.

Yes that was my point. The "Ecco can't be made on PS2" rumor is as dumb as the "Jet Grind can't be made on PS2" rumor. It just doens't make sense.

And before you say Jet Grind has special graphics, so do lots of PS2 games. Like Rez. Or Gitaroo Man.

troy
Posted Image P.S. And please note that I am not attacking you personally. I think you're a great guy. I just disagree with your idea. ----- FAVORITES: (pre-85) Space Invaders/Asteroids/Missile Command/Berzerk/Pitfall/Indy 500/Defender/Pac-Man Junior ---------- (85-95) Arkanoid, Marble Madness, Pirates!, Elite, Red Storm Rising, Final Fantasy 6, Chrono Trigger ---------- (95-05) Final Fantasy 9, 10, Banjo-Kazooie

#38 Roufuss   is now a coupon CAGiversary!   21591 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 27 May 2005 - 04:24 PM

And before you say Jet Grind has special graphics, so do lots of PS2 games. Like Rez.

Rez was a DC game first.

#39 electrictroy   Banned Banned   1631 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

electrictroy

Posted 27 May 2005 - 06:18 PM

No shit Sherlock.

The point is that if PS2 can handle Rez and other graphics-intensive games, it can handle Jet Grind.

troy

#40 Friend of Sonic   Toneman.org coming soon.. CAGiversary!   10041 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Friend of Sonic

Posted 27 May 2005 - 10:06 PM

Calm down Electrictoy. Woah nelly.
AM2 had said they would not have been able to do Shenmue on the PS2 in the same way they have done Shenmue for Dreamcast. Something to do with the textures-- of course, that could have just been propaganda AM2 was putting out.

#41 electrictroy   Banned Banned   1631 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

electrictroy

Posted 28 May 2005 - 12:49 PM

Or an excuse. "We don't think Shenmue would be profitable, but we can't say that. Too negative. Might hurt sales. Let's lie instead."

If Syphon Filter can be ported *backwards* from the Xbox to the PS2...
...and Resident Evil 4 ported *backwards* from the Cube to the PS2...
...with both still looking decent...
...then surely any DC game could be done forwards from DC to PS2. Maybe it would only look 99% as good, but it could still be done.

troy

#42 I D 10 T   Banned Banned   98 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

I D 10 T

Posted 28 May 2005 - 11:05 PM

Skies of Arcadia is a REALLY fun game...

But it has a really pathetic and unexpected ending... I hate it :-(
I am a joke topic.

Posted Image

#43 Roufuss   is now a coupon CAGiversary!   21591 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 29 May 2005 - 01:01 AM

If Syphon Filter can be ported *backwards* from the Xbox to the PS2...

Syphon Filter...?

You do know it's made and published by Sony, right? So it was never meant to be for the Xbox in the first place...

#44 electrictroy   Banned Banned   1631 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

electrictroy

Posted 29 May 2005 - 10:22 PM

Corrected.

Or an excuse. "We don't think Shenmue would be profitable, but we can't say that. Too negative. Might hurt sales. Let's lie instead."

If [Splinter Cell] can be ported *backwards* from the Xbox to the PS2...
...and Resident Evil 4 ported *backwards* from the Cube to the PS2...
...with both still looking decent...
...then surely any DC game could be done forwards from DC to PS2. Maybe it would only look 99% as good, but it could still be done.

troy

#45 62t   Zune Duck! CAGiversary!   19487 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 May 2005 - 10:37 PM

The problem wasn't that it can't be done, but it was taking too long. Sega said the reason they stopped the PS2 version was the longer than they expected. Clearly the GC version take less time. As for new dreamcast games, take a look at this:
http://www.cheapassg...newpost&t=53531

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

Looking for Danganronpa Anime Expo edition.  Please PM me if you have it for sale.

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#46 Leggo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   333 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 29 May 2005 - 11:40 PM

No shit Sherlock.

The point is that if PS2 can handle Rez and other graphics-intensive games, it can handle Jet Grind.

troy

uh, what kind of argument is that?

"if my PS2 can handle Tempest, It can handle Halo 2"

#47 Roufuss   is now a coupon CAGiversary!   21591 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 30 May 2005 - 12:53 AM

Splinter Cell was ported backwards, yes, but with major changes made to the engine... I know the lighting in particular is worse, and from what I heard alot of the levels are more linear, since the ps2 couldn't take the large levels.

#48 electrictroy   Banned Banned   1631 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

electrictroy

Posted 30 May 2005 - 07:03 PM

You may be right, I have no idea, but what does it matter if the lighting is not as good? If you've never seen the Xbox version, you won't know. You still get to enjoy Splinter Cell on PS2.

The problem wasn't that it can't be done, but it was taking too long. Sega said the reason they stopped the PS2 version was the longer than they expected.

That makes a lot more sense than "can not be done." I can believe that a PS2 port might be labor-intensive & expensive, especially if the marketing folks say it won't sell.

I was a bit surprised to see Space Channel, Parts 1 and 2 ported over, and sold at only $20. Sega must have lost a mint on that deal.

troy

#49 Roufuss   is now a coupon CAGiversary!   21591 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 30 May 2005 - 08:04 PM

I was a bit surprised to see Space Channel, Parts 1 and 2 ported over, and sold at only $20. Sega must have lost a mint on that deal.

troy

Sega didn't bring that to the US... Agetec had publishing rights for that one.

#50 Friend of Sonic   Toneman.org coming soon.. CAGiversary!   10041 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Friend of Sonic

Posted 30 May 2005 - 09:07 PM

It actually debuted at 14.99, which was an incredible deal. Part 2 came out in Japan for DC, I was thinking of importing it... :P
And 62, are you referring to Shenmue for PS2...?

#51 Chacrana   You wa Cock CAGiversary!   22669 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 30 May 2005 - 09:14 PM

I got this game for $20 new back last March and still haven't played it... ah well... someday. If I like RPGs a lot, will I prolly dig this?

it was probably in there because I'm a flaming homosexual.

#52 Friend of Sonic   Toneman.org coming soon.. CAGiversary!   10041 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Friend of Sonic

Posted 30 May 2005 - 10:20 PM

Yes, you will. The story and characters are so great... it'll draw you in. Awesome game.

#53 electrictroy   Banned Banned   1631 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

electrictroy

Posted 30 May 2005 - 11:22 PM

Yes. Skies of Arcadia is considered one of the top 10 RPGs.

troy

#54 Friend of Sonic   Toneman.org coming soon.. CAGiversary!   10041 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Friend of Sonic

Posted 31 May 2005 - 04:08 AM

By who? XD

#55 doodle777_98   Trade me your nes games. CAGiversary!   3850 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

doodle777_98

Posted 31 May 2005 - 12:51 PM

alot of cags think it's better than tales of syphonia.

Read my Short Stories on deviant Art.
Ebay stuff: I always have stuff on ebay. $2 off shipping for CAGs
swagbucks-468x60.jpg