- - - - -

All Video Games Gold Box Event Today + Michael Jackson $29.99 at Amazon

#331 Yanksfan   Cubs Fan Too :( CAGiversary!   5389 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 February 2011 - 10:30 PM

I need to grab another copy of madden so hopefully the price will be decent. Hopefully the players & owners get this mess straightened out so there will be a Madden 12 and 2011 NFL season for me to enjoy

35 bucks is weak. The NFL season is over and this game's value is about to drop like a two ton rock, and this is the best they could do?

#332 marvinhall05   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   39 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

marvinhall05

Posted 23 February 2011 - 10:48 PM

35 bucks is weak. The NFL season is over and this game's value is about to drop like a two ton rock, and this is the best they could do?

I ordered but canceled right after. Hopefully EA will have one of those flash deals and I can get it around 20-25 dollars

#333 abhinav   "Scooty Puff Jr. sucks!" CAGiversary!   3907 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 February 2011 - 10:50 PM

I was honestly expecting $25 for Madden but I should have known that wouldn't happen. Just an awful price, I believe it was this price on Black Friday.

#334 jk5000   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   156 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 February 2011 - 10:52 PM

The CAGs who all rush these Amazon threads to declare that everything is garbage and the deals suck are the pathetic ones. It's so tiring.

The same thing happens every time. People predict that every deal will suck. Then there are at least one or two deals that are really good and people jump on board (like DQVI). Then people flush their memory and end the thread with "every deal sucks!". :dunce:

I think it makes for fun bathroom reading on my cell phone personally.

#335 marvinhall05   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   39 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

marvinhall05

Posted 23 February 2011 - 10:56 PM

I did grab a PS3 Blu-Ray remote control for 18.83 shipped...I haven't been on CAG that long so I don't know if thats a great deal or not...

#336 100xp   Blizzard Spy CAGiversary!   4439 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 23 February 2011 - 11:14 PM

bummer, i was hoping for some more 360 titles.

#337 osu123408   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   99 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

osu123408

Posted 23 February 2011 - 11:20 PM

Awful deal on madden 11! Was hoping for it to be $19.99 since the season is over.
Oh well...
Going to pull the trigger on civilization v if it's $25 or less,

#338 CupsSliceofLife   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   21 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

CupsSliceofLife

Posted 23 February 2011 - 11:29 PM

Madden needs to be cheaper

#339 Azuvidexus   @azuvidexus CAGiversary!   1046 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Azuvidexus

Posted 24 February 2011 - 01:21 AM

It might seem that this GB was a bit of a failure: of 11 offers, at least up to this point none sold out. And even if the current one plus the last two sell out, 3/11 (27%) doesn't seem to be a hit.

#340 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9064 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 24 February 2011 - 02:06 AM

I don't see why not after looking at this video review (it's a little long but has good attempts at humor). The N-Strike basically just holds the Wii remote and presses the B button when the trigger is pulled. Looks like you can still plug in the nunchuck, if needed, and use the top buttons of the remote. I know the video shows the gun from the original game but I'm pretty sure the double pack has the same one.

Thanks for the explanation, I just don't know if I could play a game like Extraction seriously like that. xD The Zapper looks funny in itself however, I guess it just comes down to what is cheaper, too bad I don't have Prime.

As for the overall sale, I'd consider it a failure, despite the 3 legitimate deals. There just wasn't enough interest in the real deals, and it's an off-day for shopping (for most people) as well. As for Madden's price, the problem lies in that if you pick up Madden 11' pre-owned, you'd have to shell out an extra $15 for online access, so I'm sure new prices keep that in mind, otherwise you could just buy it and sell off the online pass. Do the online passes work for a specific game, or any game? I do kinda hope that Madden's price does drop at some point. Edit: Just checked, GS still has it for $43 pre-owned as an online-only price, yikes. :/

#341 arcane93   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3671 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2011 - 02:27 AM

Bah, I was stuck in an all-day meeting and totally missed the deal on Dragon Quest VI. :cry:

I never had a chance with getting DQV anywhere on sale, I didn't see it go on sale once. There could very well be a reprint too, especially if prices get higher, Square will definitely want a piece of the pie if prices get higher.

Yeah, I got bitten on Dragon Quest IV -- when it was out of print and seemed to be getting rare, I jumped when I found a good-condition used copy for $35. Then, not even a month later, they did a reprint and suddenly it was everywhere again. Now I've seen it for $20 new several times. :bomb:

I'm really hoping the same thing happens with Dragon Quest V, and that they're just giving it time for Dragon Quest IX and Dragon Quest VI to sell for a while before putting a reprint on the market. At the very least, I'll definitely be waiting for a bit before spending too much on a used copy this time.

#342 Big Matty Kane   Soup du Jour CAGiversary!   109 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Big Matty Kane

Posted 24 February 2011 - 03:01 AM

If you missed out on Civ 5 this past weekend it's at 29.99. Worth it imo, as I haven't put it down since I bought it.

#343 StarryWisdom   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   59 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

StarryWisdom

Posted 24 February 2011 - 06:05 AM

If you missed out on Civ 5 this past weekend it's at 29.99. Worth it imo, as I haven't put it down since I bought it.

Unless of course you have one of the literal hundreds of GPU's(or the tens of CPU's) that are way above the system recs and are causing massive amounts of crashes making the game unplayable. Honestly if your going to get Civ 5 look through their support section and make sure you computer is completely compatible with the current build. Out of the 29 friends on Steam that I have(that own Civ 5) I think only 2 of them can play the game without crippling issues; lol.

#344 Altanis   Banned Banned   1738 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Altanis

Posted 24 February 2011 - 06:51 AM

The CAGs who all rush these Amazon threads to declare that everything is garbage and the deals suck are the pathetic ones. It's so tiring.

The same thing happens every time. People predict that every deal will suck. Then there are at least one or two deals that are really good and people jump on board (like DQVI). Then people flush their memory and end the thread with "every deal sucks!". :dunce:

Agreed. Can anyone list a place where Dragon Quest VI- something that just released a week ago- has been discounted to $25? This is of course not counting rewards points/etc- I'm talking a straight discount.

Also, PvZ for $14 is a pretty good deal. It's been $20 solid since its DS release a while back. Nowhere had a deal on it. $14 is better than it's been (hell, I got it during TRU's B1G1 50% off sale a couple weeks ago, since that was the best I'd seen).

#345 chickenbutt   Nope CAGiversary!   2167 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

chickenbutt

Posted 24 February 2011 - 07:00 AM

Is this the cheapest the Michael Jackson game for Wii has been?

#346 obri0922   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   12 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

obri0922

Posted 24 February 2011 - 10:53 AM

Yes, and the encounter rate is high. I get about 10-20 steps between most encounters (most of it's under 15). The thing is that it's a necessary evil (well, not evil to some). Moss bosses you will still find yourself underleveled.

#347 obri0922   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   12 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

obri0922

Posted 24 February 2011 - 10:56 AM

No Square-Enix code, but there is a code for Club Nintendo.

#348 dablemont   The Storm is Here CAGiversary!   58 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2011 - 02:28 PM

My DQVI copy just shipped! That was a nice deal.

#349 Kaiser499   Gaming Guru CAGiversary!   4129 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2011 - 02:36 PM

I'm surprised Dragon Quest didn't sell out, it was at 75% when it ended.

#350 elessar123  

Posted 24 February 2011 - 04:46 PM

Completely forgot about Dragon Quest VI yesterday, between work, an upset stomach, and a trip to buy the Homefront book. Oh well, I'll wait for it to hit $20 somewhere, like all the recent DQ games have.

#351 bostonfrontier  

bostonfrontier

Posted 28 February 2011 - 06:34 PM

Got my DQVI in today........... sweet game

#352 ZForce915   Group hug! CAGiversary!   6510 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 28 February 2011 - 06:42 PM

Completely forgot about Dragon Quest VI yesterday, between work, an upset stomach, and a trip to buy the Homefront book. Oh well, I'll wait for it to hit $20 somewhere, like all the recent DQ games have.

DQV never dropped. And now it will cost you an arm and a leg for a copy.

#353 arcane93   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3671 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 28 February 2011 - 07:08 PM

DQV never dropped. And now it will cost you an arm and a leg for a copy.

As I mentioned above, I'm hoping for a reprint, like they did with Dragon Quest IV. Given how popular these games are, I can't imagine them keeping it out of print. More likely that they just don't want to over-saturate the market right now, with two new Dragon Quest games having come out in only a little over the last six months.