- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/4: PSN Awards & Free MotorStorm RC Vita! 3/13 Spring Fever Sale!

#31 Brian9824   CAG-Obsessed CAGiversary!   3541 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 23 February 2011 - 01:40 PM

Thinking about Lunar Silver Star Harmony and Valkyria Chronicles 2 when they drop and I can sell my physical copies

#32 token2k6   LG FUAD CAGiversary!   4507 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 February 2011 - 01:48 PM

daayuum! I might be buying some PSN cards. That Midnight Club 2-pack is an insane deal! Gods of War: GoS seems like a steal and won't ever go much lower than $20. Definitely need that RE:2..

Picked up Sky Fighter last night, I think there is a PS+ discount to $2.50 if you want to put that in the OP frisky. I dunno about the game, maybe the point is to not allow inverted controllers, but I would crash to my death time after time :bomb: <--literally

#33 nikkai   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2051 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 23 February 2011 - 02:49 PM

Hey Frisky, so upcoming sales (post #2) is for next week? Thx

*edit* duh just saw the 3/1 which I assume applies to the entire post - can't wait!

*edit #2* Ok, just read the email - so only one of those games per category will go on sale after the voting ends.

Would have been nice for all the games to go on sale =)

Edited by nikkai, 23 February 2011 - 03:46 PM.

#34 AdamTen   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   549 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 23 February 2011 - 03:32 PM

Anybody played Sky Fighter?

#35 Bumslie   Have you ever seen the Boognish? CAGiversary!   5755 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 23 February 2011 - 05:04 PM

Anybody played Sky Fighter?

Download the demo!

#36 Ultragamer   Or so they say... CAGiversary!   1012 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Ultragamer

Posted 23 February 2011 - 05:17 PM

RE2 and the GTA DLC combo seem good. Going to have to consider buying those when I can get to buying another PSN card.

#37 James in VA   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   229 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

James in VA

Posted 23 February 2011 - 05:32 PM

Considering GTA Chinatown Wars but for some reason I still prefer physical copies of games, even if it is for a portable system like my PSP3000. I'm reminded of Xbox Live for the first Xbox going dark thus making it impossible to redownload items purchased in the past. This will eventually happen for digital purchases on PSN.

#38 ssjmichael   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9031 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

ssjmichael

Posted 23 February 2011 - 05:43 PM

Considering GTA Chinatown Wars but for some reason I still prefer physical copies of games, even if it is for a portable system like my PSP3000. I'm reminded of Xbox Live for the first Xbox going dark thus making it impossible to redownload items purchased in the past. This will eventually happen for digital purchases on PSN.

Considerig the NGP will support psn games that won't happen anytime soon. The umd versions of games will be more obsolete in fact. It's better to get psn versions of games if you eventually plan to get an ngp/psp2

#39 Sir_Fragalot   wants Startropics 3. CAGiversary!   8686 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Sir_Fragalot

Posted 23 February 2011 - 06:10 PM

Unlike the Fuck up of microsoft, PSN is cross platform. You get the same store on the PS3 and PSP. I don't see how they would go dark considering they can modify the store for each new product that comes out.

#40 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67673 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 23 February 2011 - 07:54 PM

daayuum! I might be buying some PSN cards. That Midnight Club 2-pack is an insane deal! Gods of War: GoS seems like a steal and won't ever go much lower than $20. Definitely need that RE:2..

Picked up Sky Fighter last night, I think there is a PS+ discount to $2.50 if you want to put that in the OP frisky. I dunno about the game, maybe the point is to not allow inverted controllers, but I would crash to my death time after time :bomb: <--literally

Read closer:

PlayStation Plus
Sky Fighter - $2.50 - New

;)

#41 token2k6   LG FUAD CAGiversary!   4507 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 February 2011 - 07:59 PM

Read closer:

PlayStation Plus
Sky Fighter - $2.50 - New

;)

ha! my bad Frisky, I see what you did there (didn't see it before ;))

#42 TctclMvPhase   Dismal Scientist CAGiversary!   1980 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

TctclMvPhase

Posted 24 February 2011 - 06:15 AM

Nice thread Frisky.

I like the section on the prospective deals for the PSN awards, not that the math is difficult, buts its nice to see all the potential prices in one place.

#43 Brian9824   CAG-Obsessed CAGiversary!   3541 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2011 - 01:08 PM

Unlike the Fuck up of microsoft, PSN is cross platform. You get the same store on the PS3 and PSP. I don't see how they would go dark considering they can modify the store for each new product that comes out.

Plus you can use Media GO to download to PC and burn to a few dvds which I will be doing.

#44 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67673 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 26 February 2011 - 07:57 AM

http://blog.us.plays...es-collections/

As you may have seen, a number of new titles were added to the Greatest Hits ($19.99) and Favorites ($9.99) lines for the PSP, which also means that those games on PSN will be getting a permanent price drop on Tuesday with the next update.

Here's what probably will be getting a price drop on Tuesday:

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker - $19.99 - Now $29.99
Daxter - $9.99 - Now $15.99
Killzone: Liberation - $9.99 - Now $15.99
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite - $9.99 - Now $19.99
Tomb Raider: Anniversary - $9.99 - Now $12.99

Assassin's Creed: Bloodlines, Dissidia Final Fantasy, LittleBigPlanet, Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters ($15.99), and Resistance Retribution were already at $19.99 or below on PSN. SOCOM: Fire Team Bravo is the only one of the $9.99 games that's already available at that price. Toy Story 3 and Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII aren't on PSN yet.

#45 Brian9824   CAG-Obsessed CAGiversary!   3541 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 26 February 2011 - 01:04 PM

waiting for dissidia to drop and then its time to sell UMD and replace with digital copy

#46 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67673 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 02 March 2011 - 12:39 AM

Bumping this up for this week's update.

#47 Kyle Kross   yohohohoho CAGiversary!   1568 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Kyle Kross

Posted 02 March 2011 - 12:49 AM

Meh, nothing really of note this week.

#48 miriamleo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   748 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

miriamleo

Posted 02 March 2011 - 01:09 AM

Wonder if I should get Street Fighter Alpha...

#49 Fighterspledge   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   271 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Fighterspledge

Posted 02 March 2011 - 01:09 AM

Man, PS+ shows it's worth once again with so many freebies and discounts this month. The initial 50 dollar investment has paid itself off many times over. I'll definitely be resubscribing again for another 15 months for sure.

#50 i Heart INdie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   401 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

i Heart INdie

Posted 02 March 2011 - 04:46 AM

Man, PS+ shows it's worth once again with so many freebies and discounts this month. The initial 50 dollar investment has paid itself off many times over. I'll definitely be resubscribing again for another 15 months for sure.

just wondering, what happens to all of the PS+ discounted games that were purchased during the time?

I know that all the free games that are given out with membership are unplayable when your membership expires, but what happens to the games that were offered at a discount price?? I'm guessing that it remains active after the subscription???

:( I would've done the PS+ thing if those free games remained after the subscription ends... Can anybody else convince me of subscribing to PS+?? What else about it am I missing out??

Thanks in advance... Gonna get street fighter alpha. <3

#51 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67673 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 02 March 2011 - 04:49 AM

You get to keep all of the games you purchased with a PS+ discount.

#52 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67673 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 02 March 2011 - 09:28 PM

http://blog.us.plays...-award-winners/

Posted Image

The Spring Fever promotion begins next week on March 8 and will pair new releases on PSN with discounts. The first week features the winners of the PSN Games' Choice Awards, which I've posted the potential sale prices in the first post. Each week after that will feature one new PSN release with two discounted games, which they say they'll post a full list of these games next week when they announce the winners for the awards.

#53 Baron O Hell   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   653 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Baron O Hell

Posted 03 March 2011 - 05:57 AM

I need to tag this thread. I never know about these things.

#54 ssjmichael   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9031 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

ssjmichael

Posted 03 March 2011 - 06:02 AM

just wondering, what happens to all of the PS+ discounted games that were purchased during the time?

I know that all the free games that are given out with membership are unplayable when your membership expires, but what happens to the games that were offered at a discount price?? I'm guessing that it remains active after the subscription???

:( I would've done the PS+ thing if those free games remained after the subscription ends... Can anybody else convince me of subscribing to PS+?? What else about it am I missing out??

Thanks in advance... Gonna get street fighter alpha. <3

Not all the games expire. The entire Sam and max Devils Playhouse season is free forever. Aside from the free games, the exclusive betas (lbp2, killzone 3, and others) have been worth it.

With the 12 month + 3 bonus they're offering it's just about $3.33 a month. That's nothing for what you're getting. Even if you can't keep every game forever, it's still worth it to me

#55 jay_remedy   Mila Kunis > Banned   6791 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

jay_remedy

Posted 03 March 2011 - 06:04 AM

There's already a PS+ thread, get this wack shit outta here.

Edited by gettinmoney662, 03 March 2011 - 06:15 AM.

#56 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67673 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 07 March 2011 - 08:40 PM

http://blog.us.plays...are/#more-46483

The winners for the PSN Gamers' Choice Awards have been announced, so here are the deals that will begin tomorrow and last until next Tuesday:

Best PS3 Downloadable Game: Castle Crashers - $10.50 PSN - $7.50 PS+
Best PSN Exclusive: Dead Nation - $10.50 PSN - $7.50 PS+
Best PSP Downloadable Game: God of War: Ghost of Sparta - $27.99 PSN - $19.99 - PS+
Best PSP Minis Game: Age of Zombies - $3.49 PSN - $2.49 PS+

#57 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67673 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 07 March 2011 - 09:17 PM

Why? The sale is 30% off, so $4.50 is 30% off of $15.

#58 ssjmichael   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9031 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

ssjmichael

Posted 07 March 2011 - 09:18 PM

Woot time to buy castle crashers almost brought it when i made my last post . They're still bastards though $4.50 in savings is nothing to brag about they couldn't even make it a even $10 had to get the extra 50 cents as well.

They're 30% off. It's not like they're going out of their way to screw you by tacking an additional .50 on there. Also I have Playstation Plus, and 50% off is worth bragging about :)

#59 LottaGames   Banned Banned   285 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

LottaGames

Posted 07 March 2011 - 09:27 PM

Bah I got my hopes up on a few small items before you said they were probably PSN+ only. In that case I don't want them anymore. Good news though is the games I voted for are the ones I wanted for half price. Looks like it's time to try Crashers and Nation.

*Wait a minute, are the sales on the voted games only for PSN+? That would F'ing suck and I would try harder to gameshare from now on... Not cool Sony, the mistakes are adding up.

#60 Railbird13   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   38 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Railbird13

Posted 07 March 2011 - 09:27 PM

Nice, finally time to pick up Castle Crashers and Dead Nation. I'll take that extra $3 off for my newly subbed PSN+, I've had it for 3 weeks or so and I'm enjoying the value I've gotten with Stacking, Digger HD, Sonic, a few other minis and now a few bucks off of other purchases.