Amazon Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker 20 bucks. uni drop

[quote name='AwRy108']Fantastic game, and controls work surprising well considering the PSP's lack of a 2nd analog nub. IMHO, one of the best, most robust portable gaming experiences ever. Worth it at $40, a steal for $20.[/QUOTE]
I'm gonna have to agree. I for one love console experiences on portables more than simple or casual games. Peace Walker was great.

I agree that this game is totally worth $20 and maybe even more. The control scheme is not as big an issue when you have three of them to choose from and all in all, a great game.

Also want to chime in; whether you're a big fan of MGS, a big fan of action games, looking for something to play on the go, looking for an epic story that can be enjoyed in long sessions or short bursts, or looking for something to pass the time with... get Peace Walker.

If you like good video games, get Peace Walker.

For $20, this is one of the best deals for any game on any handheld in a loooong time.

I was lucky enough to use bestbuy coupon few months ago and bought it fir this price. Enjoyed it them, then it got hard for my taste. Then recently gotten back in it because I want the beach extra
Ops with Paz and kaz.

Anyway love the game so much, I would rank peace walker as my second fsvorite mgs game.

Mgs1
Mgspw
Mgs3
Mgs4
Mgs2
Mgspo

*Insert generic praise comment here* :lol:

Seriously, this game is awesome. I played through it in long sessions and short bursts; highly recommended.

so is this a UMD or a download code? I'm hoping for download code since it seems like that'd be the only way to play the game on NGP

played the demo and loved it. ive been watching for a nice price and this is it! decided to pick up a carry case and screen protectors to. i cant wait for the ngp and if i gotta sell this copy to help with it when it launches then so be it.Thanks OP!

[quote name='ml_paladin888']so is this a UMD or a download code? I'm hoping for download code since it seems like that'd be the only way to play the game on NGP[/QUOTE]

1) It would've taken you less time to follow the Amazon link than it did for you to ask that silly question.
2) SONY has yet to provide specific details on exactly how and which PSP titles will be playable on the NGP--could turn out like the 80GB PS3's that only played some 60% of PS2 games, not all of them. I wouldn't make any purchasing decisions around the concept just yet.

[quote name='AwRy108']1) It would've taken you less time to follow the Amazon link than it did for you to ask that silly question.
2) SONY has yet to provide specific details on exactly how and which PSP titles will be playable on the NGP--could turn out like the 80GB PS3's that only played some 60% of PS2 games, not all of them. I wouldn't make any purchasing decisions around the concept just yet.[/QUOTE]
I feel my question is valid. clicking on the link and going to the main product page just shows cover art and screenshots (no shot of the UMD). THeres no mention of UMD in the product description.

(Before some one chimes in saying that it shows the case. Patapon 2 comes in a case a typical PSP UMD case, but when you crack it open, its just a voucher, no UMD)

[quote name='ml_paladin888']I feel my question is valid. clicking on the link and going to the main product page just shows cover art and screenshots (no shot of the UMD). THeres no mention of UMD in the product description.

(Before some one chimes in saying that it shows the case. Patapon 2 comes in a case a typical PSP UMD case, but when you crack it open, its just a voucher, no UMD)[/QUOTE]

The Patapon 2 case says on the front that its a VOUCHER inside.

Peace Walker, workable controls, very good game, sets the stage for the original Metal Gear game for the MSX (or NES)

Is the game as hard as the reviews make it seem to be? Ign.com mentioned that is almost impossible to beat a boss without another person helping out...

[quote name='oasisboy']Is the game as hard as the reviews make it seem to be? Ign.com mentioned that is almost impossible to beat a boss without another person helping out...[/QUOTE]I will admit, it is hard, but I beat it playing entirely by myself with no help, other than obtaining the true ending. You have to level up the base and get better equipment, while learning what not to do in the boss fights.

[quote name='oasisboy']Is the game as hard as the reviews make it seem to be? Ign.com mentioned that is almost impossible to beat a boss without another person helping out...[/QUOTE]

Some of the boss battles are tough and require a bit of patience; and the encounters can be easier if you "grind" enough to get the highest levels for your rocket launcher-type weapons.

The rest of the game's difficulty is on par with other games in the series.

The game is more than possible to complete solo. I would know since I do have firsthand experience with it. =P

That said, it might be tough in certain situations so grinding a bit, as others have said, to get better equipment/weapons does help a lot. However, it really just boils down to learning from your mistakes and knowing how the enemy is going to react.

Got it from Gamestop used. NO ORIGINAL CASE!(Grrrr, do they really throw out all used game cases?)

You grind in this game? I played the Demo, I sucked at the controls big time but when I got a tad better, it was AMAZING.
I got to the boss but he WIPED the floor with me.

[quote name='ml_paladin888']so is this a UMD or a download code? I'm hoping for download code since it seems like that'd be the only way to play the game on NGP[/QUOTE]

Looks like this is UMD only for now. However, it's likely that the game will drop on PSN shortly. I know it sucks waiting but sometimes those are the breaks.

It's a good game I played for months...it is MGS5. CRAZY complex, I mean there's all kinds of new systems, but amazingly they're introduced at a perfect rate so it NEVER feels overwhelming or out of control. You get something new to play with and it's like "yep, no big deal, I get how this works".

BUT it's a hard game. MUCH harder than MGS4, no difficulty settings, and while it's mostly always fair, plus you can use different weapons and stuff, towards the end of the game I had to give up. Even still I'd say it's worth checking out if you're interested.

As others have mentioned, the controls aren't an issue-I mean they're complex because it's a crazy complex game by any standards, but they work just fine and aren't confusing. (Any competent PSP game deals with one stick fine, since Bend's Syphon Filter games came out.)

[quote name='happydogs']For anyone who was holding out for sub-$20, price is currently $15.99.

...with a TIV of $16.50, no less.[/QUOTE]
I'm in

[quote name='kaydigi']Do you need to know the story of MG3 & 4 to play this? I've only been through the original and second one.[/QUOTE]

No. However, you're doing yourself a HUGE disservice as a gamer by not playing through MGS3 Subsistence--it's one of the best videogame experiences ever crafted. EVER.

[quote name='AwRy108']No. However, you're doing yourself a HUGE disservice as a gamer by not playing through MGS3 Subsistence--it's one of the best videogame experiences ever crafted. EVER.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully Sony is working on PS2 BC to the PSP2.

What's the general consensus on the Metal Gear Peace Walker - Limited Edition? Is it worth it? If there was some kind of behind the scenes footage that would be cool. Unfortunately that's not the case. But, an artbook would have to be really awesome for me to take the plunge.

[quote name='AwRy108']No. However, you're doing yourself a HUGE disservice as a gamer by not playing through MGS3 Subsistence--it's one of the best videogame experiences ever crafted. EVER.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. 4 was a huge letdown after 3.

[quote name='ferris182']Its $15.99 on Amazon![/QUOTE]

Yup.

[quote name='happydogs']For anyone who was holding out for sub-$20, price is currently $15.99.
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='cochesecochese']Looks like this is UMD only for now. However, it's likely that the game will drop on PSN shortly. I know it sucks waiting but sometimes those are the breaks.[/QUOTE]

I ordered this before I saw this thread but wanted to chime in and let everyone know I just received mine today and can confirm this is the UMD version. No download voucher, sorry.

[quote name='cochesecochese']Agreed. 4 was a huge letdown after 3.[/QUOTE]

IMO it's the exact reverse. 3 is the only one of the Solid games that I actively dislike.

[quote name='ferris182']Its $15.99 on Amazon![/QUOTE]

Still have reservations about this because of the difficulty, but for that price...

[quote name='Wolfpup']
Still have reservations about this because of the difficulty, but for that price...[/QUOTE]
Same here...must...fight...urge...:boxing:

[quote name='timberwolfbobby']Damn, I should've checked on my iphone before snapping it up at BB. I had trade credit I could've used for it on Amazon. Oh well.[/QUOTE]

It's also $15.99 at Best Buy. Go get a price adjustment.

bread's done
Back